welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 431, 432, 433 ... 453, 454, 455  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Elder Scrolls is better than Wildstar currently but yet you wouldn't buy Elder Scrolls? Dangit, I was hoping one of them would be good enough to purchase. They both still have a bit til release, though, so hopefully some good changes come about. I want a nice new MMO to sink my teeth into. Please don't tell me my best option is just to go back to WoW. Sad *sigh*
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't fuck this up please don't fuck this up...
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Did the stress test beta allow you to play on the Nexus realm with the cbt's or was your key quarantined to another one?

Similarly if you hypothetically were in a weekend test did you hypothetically reach 14 and get to start testing out housing? Hypothetically.

cbt? I'm not too wise on Wildstar I fear.

Hypothetically I only reached level 10. I hypothetically got really bored with the questing which was like ticking off a shopping list. Hypothetically I also got really annoyed with the lack of body customization. It felt too much like WoW 2.0, which is great if you want WoW 2.0, but I didn't.

Last edited by Yinello on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
So Elder Scrolls is better than Wildstar currently but yet you wouldn't buy Elder Scrolls? Dangit, I was hoping one of them would be good enough to purchase. They both still have a bit til release, though, so hopefully some good changes come about. I want a nice new MMO to sink my teeth into. Please don't tell me my best option is just to go back to WoW. Sad *sigh*

Go play Guild Wars 2 ;P I know I love it but it's made for me.

Elder Scrolls still has hope. If they fix the bugs and the bullshit free-for-all nodes it's a great MMO. I'm not going to wait for it because I have GW2 and I don't like sub that much but that doesn't mean you shouldn't check it out.
eureka00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
eureka00 wrote:

Go play Guild Wars 2 ;P I know I love it but it's made for me.

Elder Scrolls still has hope. If they fix the bugs and the bullshit free-for-all nodes it's a great MMO. I'm not going to wait for it because I have GW2 and I don't like sub that much but that doesn't mean you shouldn't check it out.

Yeah, I've read about some of the annoying stuff in Elder Scrolls, so hopefully they fix that stuff up. I guess we'll wait and see what happens. Thanks for the info.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the closed beta test on the Nexus realm. I've been in it for a few months now

right now the game's a miserable slog because they're retuning combat speed and "time to kill" on all classes, so questing is a giant mess as well. But I love the game so far. Mainly, endgame and housing are the major appeals.

that and in a little bit they're going to finish the TTK thing and early game and questing and leveling will be .. less tedious, to say the least.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EA cancels Titanfall release in South Africa due to poor network performance.

Kind of curious how insanely bad it had to be in light of every other EA release in the past couple years. Like, was the lag so bad that network adapters had time to gain sentience and start killing people Maximum Overdrive style?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
EA cancels Titanfall release in South Africa due to poor network performance.

Kind of curious how insanely bad it had to be in light of every other EA release in the past couple years. Like, was the lag so bad that network adapters had time to gain sentience and start killing people Maximum Overdrive style?

Well, the article does say that performance failed to meet expectations . . . maybe the expectations were set really really low.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who regularly converses with 2 South Africans on TeamSpeak, this kind of sucks. They wanted to play Titanfall.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why dressing up my characters in GW2 is so fun.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A special one-off Humble Bundle with almost 40 games for $25 dollars or more. All proceeds are going to the Brandon Boyer Cancer Treatment Relief Fund.
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is so much in game roleplaying so bad?
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Age of Wonders III will be out soon!

Guild Wars 2 announced a new feature called the Wardrobe. I cannot wait for both.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say, I think the D3 expansion finally made D3 into a game worthy of the name. The transmog and adventure systems are excellent and the Crusader is stupid fun.

It is telling though that the absolute best the game can be is the mode where the story is completely ignored and cutscenes are autoskipped. Doesn't help that story for the new act is drawn out, periodically fun but mostly drivel, and you have to play through it before you can use the awesomeness that is adventure mode.

I really wonder what the hell is going on with Blizzard's writers. WoW's continuing story line has held at that line between pretty cool and occasionally awesome, but it feels like the writing for Diablo and Starcraft is somehow getting worse and worse despite having universes full of potential.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Why is so much in game roleplaying so bad?

(OOC) Yinello stop godmoding or I am going to call you out on the forums. Kezzak'an's desert eagles are enchanted by my headcanon Sherlock homestruck troll so you would have fallen on the first shot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 431, 432, 433 ... 453, 454, 455  Next
Page 432 of 455

Jump to: