welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Little Pleasures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1703, 1704, 1705 ... 1718, 1719, 1720  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mini J

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Ded, that's awesome!

Are you ensuring things are clean? Or ensuring that products that make things clean are of good quality? Are you going to be one of those people who can tell us horror stories about going to a hospital will give you Death Ebolaids?
Jinx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
I start training at a new job Monday.

Talk about awesome timing.

I told my professor about it, apparently someone else from my class is starting Monday as well.

Aseptic quality assurance, huzzah!

Awesome, dude! Glad to hear you found something.
eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
I start training at a new job Monday.

Talk about awesome timing.

I told my professor about it, apparently someone else from my class is starting Monday as well.

Aseptic quality assurance, huzzah!

Grats!!!!
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, DeD! so happy to hear it!
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mini J wrote:
Congrats Ded, that's awesome!

Are you ensuring things are clean? Or ensuring that products that make things clean are of good quality? Are you going to be one of those people who can tell us horror stories about going to a hospital will give you Death Ebolaids?

I'm making sure, for now, that there is nothing suspended in solutions that shouldn't be there.

It's not as glamorous as it sounds, I was expecting more sciency stuff like assays and such, but it pays the bills.

I've also got a format editing/transcription gig possibly lined up, waiting on the grant to clear.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, thank you!
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way Scotts pronounce tortoise.

I don't know if other people pronounce it this way - because most of my exposure to accents doesn't include hearing the word tortoise - but if they do then I like them as well.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, everyone! Just thought I would pop in to share some good, but somewhat crazy news:

-My younger brother's daughter was born today
-My older brother's son was born one year ago today
-Today is my birthday

That is kind of bizarre, isn't? Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome and so much totally cooler than if either were off by a day or so. Still, that's a hell of a weird set of coincidences, don't you think?

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally devised the near perfect toy for our blind and not too smart cat. It is two sparkle balls strung up on sugar n cream yarn. A bit above that is some smaller pieces of yarn knotted on the string. This makes the sparkle balls dance back and forth if I move the string right.

this is great because sparkle balls are his super favorite, but the dog kept destroying them. It's hard to get him to play with anything else, too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm spending spring break back home, where I crash with friends, one of whom brought me to an auction in support of Camp Kirby, where I was her guest at the VIP table. Free professionally catered dinner, free desserts donated by local chefs, and free wine all night. Was it good wine, you say? It was the best wine: free!

I'm amazed I'm alive.
eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received the title to our car today. Loan paid in full. Done. Very Happy
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some may consider this Schadenfreude, but Glenn Beck getting called on being the shitbag he is just makes me smile: http://news.msn.com/us/marathon-victim-sues-glenn-beck-for-defamation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While discussing what would happen if you injected air into someone's vein we were told it takes a lot of air, but no one knows how much, "because they won't let us inject larger and larger amounts of air into people until they begin to die." Most theories are that it would take a lot more than most people assume, because a) veins return to the heart and get bigger (harder to block) along the way, and b) turbulence would probably break it into littler bubbles that are less likely to hurt anything (IV tubes have bubbles in them pretty frequently and no one dies).

Then the professor and I brainstormed what might happen if you actually did get a giant air bubble, and exactly how it would kill you. Very Happy
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
While discussing what would happen if you injected air into someone's vein we were told it takes a lot of air, but no one knows how much, "because they won't let us inject larger and larger amounts of air into people until they begin to die."

whaaaaaaaaat

call the president, we need his death panels on this pronto
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be okay with them doing that kind of experiment on braindead patients, but I don't think that studying the injection of large air bubbles into veins is important enough to use that kind of resources on, relative to other things, if it were in the clear from a legal standpoint.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1703, 1704, 1705 ... 1718, 1719, 1720  Next
Page 1704 of 1720

Jump to: