welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-03-26: Sexy Pain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
I think he'd have to get regular shoes from a yeti owned shop, and then he'd have to diy the tapping part.

I did find places that do custom tap shoes, but no one does them big enough for bigfoot.

Maybe there's one that only caters to yetis in some secluded yeti community, so they don't have a website.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*pant*pant*pant*

dang, this was a big mountain to climb!

but now that i've gotten here, i just have to go back to the bit that bothered _me_:

OklahomanSun wrote:
When I jumped into the thread, it seemed to me that people were suggesting that BDSM conversation should be carefully scrutinised situationally so that no one was given a trigger. I was and still am very against that.

BDSM, and other things in the society today were once considered taboo, and it was by pushing themselves into the "conversation" over the years that they essentially forced an acceptance.

it is perfectly possible to discuss whether BDSM (or homosexuality, or small-animal fetishes, or whatever) are acceptable sexual practices without going into the details of what you did to who last night.

it is even possible to identify yourself as a practitioner and proponent of said sexual practices without going into details of what you did to who last night.

while i am not an expert, i would guess that people who have been traumatized are more likely to be triggered by hearing the details of something that resembles their own experience than by hearing that the general class of experiences exist (apologies in advance if i am wrong).

so refraining from gabbing about the details of your own sexual exploits out in public in no way prevents a reasoned public discourse on the validity of those practices. so you really can't ground your insistence on bragging in public as being a necessity for discussing the legitimacy of the practice.

i do agree with a point you made earlier, that in some ways we have over-sanitized the public discourse, and in particular that the news should be able to show us, in detail, the genuine horror of some situations around the world. but see, the news can easily provide trigger warnings. so if 60 minutes advertises that they will be spending the hour discussing civil war in somalia, or nicholas kristof writes a column about child slavery, and you yourself are a traumatized refugee from somalia and/or former child slave, you can easily avoid watching that show or reading that column. admittedly, people who just don't want to be bothered by such things can also avoid them - but that is their right, too - right?
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rune wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
I think he'd have to get regular shoes from a yeti owned shop, and then he'd have to diy the tapping part.

I did find places that do custom tap shoes, but no one does them big enough for bigfoot.

Maybe there's one that only caters to yetis in some secluded yeti community, so they don't have a website.

it used to be that any shoe repair place could put taps on your shoes. so i guess the real question is, do yetis wear shoes enough that the yeti community can support a decent shoe repair place? (cause they always struck me more as the barefoot type).
Rune

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Rune wrote:
stripeypants wrote:

it used to be that any shoe repair place could put taps on your shoes. so i guess the real question is, do yetis wear shoes enough that the yeti community can support a decent shoe repair place? (cause they always struck me more as the barefoot type).

Well, that was before everyone was out looking for their naked footprints.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...so now they should be looking for really really large hiking boot prints?

.......with taps.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could make a great reply if I had my bigfoot icon up. :-\ but I like having my confused cat icon....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, I'm back from page 1, did I miss something?
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a tap-dancing bigfoot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: