welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March 30: Forgiveness
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10717
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also interesting to me that right before the last series of flashbacks she's raised the pitchfork, then she recalls Fyoosh crying and hugging her, and then she lowers the pitchfork without stabbing anyone.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tricksterson



Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it me or are the hands in this pit different? Usually they look human don't they? These are more like webbed claws.
_________________
I aim to misbehave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3419
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricksterson wrote:
Is it me or are the hands in this pit different? Usually they look human don't they? These are more like webbed claws.


True. Maybe this is her own personal hell, then.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Miss Magenta



Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 1846
Location: im probably asleep right now

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooor.... mmmm... this might be a bit of a stretch... maybe it's how blue sees the hands? like... fuchsia had sympathy for them and realized that they were once people just like her, so she saw them as ... completely human hands... meanwhile blue holds little to no sympathy for them, she sees them as the scum of the earth and deserve torture... so their hands appear monstrous to her? i... i dont know...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rune



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 1046

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
oooor.... mmmm... this might be a bit of a stretch... maybe it's how blue sees the hands? like... fuchsia had sympathy for them and realized that they were once people just like her, so she saw them as ... completely human hands... meanwhile blue holds little to no sympathy for them, she sees them as the scum of the earth and deserve torture... so their hands appear monstrous to her? i... i dont know...


Ooh, I like this take.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Echo



Joined: 18 Jul 2013
Posts: 598

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I... like the idea; but if they were monstrous and deserved the stabbiness, why has she lowered the pitchfork? I'd buy this more if they were monstrous beforehand and softer after she decided not to get stabby.

It's the whole last panel bit that gets me. If this is her view of the hands as being monstrous *now*, how does that tally with the sudden conversion to non-stabbiness?

I'm more inclined to think it's just Tat being arty than bearing some deeper hidden meaning. But then I do tend to get lost in anything deeper than a paddling pool...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rune



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 1046

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think it's significant that it was her that softened her rage at hitting that part of the memory, not her view of the world around her as hostile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3419
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to see if the title he put up offered any help, but then I realized there wasn't one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Cley Faye



Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Posts: 121

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
I was going to see if the title he put up offered any help, but then I realized there wasn't one.


The strip's called "Reunion 5".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10388
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cley Faye wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
I was going to see if the title he put up offered any help, but then I realized there wasn't one.


The strip's called "Reunion 5".

The way the site's coding works, the title doesn't show up initially (except in the alt text), but if navigate to the specific comic it shows up (clicking 'previous' then 'next' achieves this): http://sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4955

Also, 45 days away from # 5000 or May 14, if I've counted right.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://about.me/omardrake
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Otoh



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 674
Location: goo.gl/tRvrs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G3BVU0Y
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enchantedsleeper



Joined: 16 Jun 2013
Posts: 202
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
I... like the idea; but if they were monstrous and deserved the stabbiness, why has she lowered the pitchfork? I'd buy this more if they were monstrous beforehand and softer after she decided not to get stabby.

It's the whole last panel bit that gets me. If this is her view of the hands as being monstrous *now*, how does that tally with the sudden conversion to non-stabbiness?

I'm more inclined to think it's just Tat being arty than bearing some deeper hidden meaning. But then I do tend to get lost in anything deeper than a paddling pool...


I see the depiction of the hands and their surroundings as being partly artistic, to contrast more strongly with the soft sepia colours and big round eyes of the flashback panels (notice how Blue herself looks less human too, her eyes narrowed to white slits - and her glasses are gone) and partly to convey the way that Blue is starting to see her job. Maybe it's seemed bleaker and bleaker to her ever since Fusch left. It is her own personal hell, as well as being actual hell. But in the last panel, she's refusing to be complicit in it all, refusing to do her job. This could be the beginning of outright rebellious actions for Blue. Maybe seeing Fusch - or hearing whatever Fusch said to her - has been the push she needed to start questioning herself and realising that there's other life choices she could make, ones that might make her happy.

Or it could be that she's just exhausted from all the emotion of earlier and can't summon up the rage she needs for stabby stabby.
_________________
Awesome Comics I Follow


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group