welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feminism because why not make a thread for it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 315, 316, 317  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are all falling for his custom-tooled bait. You know he's saying exactly the right thing to sound exactly wrong in the way that makes you want to comment.
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's moved into a region of hilariously extreme previously only occupied by cartoon villains. I read his last post in the voice of Cobra Commander.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to be polite as possible while still being honest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why even bother? He's not going to be honest or polite. Threads go off the rails when people forget that he's just posting to monopolize attention and isn't being sincere at all.
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's probably 'sincere' but in a way which only makes sense to him. That he has some extremely weird views about moral development and parenting (remember his bullshit about blue collar parents?) is already well established.

s'not important though. what's important is to remember that when he believes something, there's never going to be a rational dialogue with him about it, and he'll grow more agitated and off the rails about it if you press him on it. so, in that sense, it's irrelevant if he's sincere.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
You guys are all falling for his custom-tooled bait. You know he's saying exactly the right thing to sound exactly wrong in the way that makes you want to comment.

Oh boy wheels, you win the award for most paranoid and cynical person of the day.

This proves of course just how much you feel threatened by me. (Hint: a shitload)

Your only motive in posting the things you say about me is naturally the jealousy towards me that has manifesting in your heart for quite a while.

The irony of course is that any attention I generate is unwanted by me, but you will never understand this wheels.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
You mean the reality where John Scalzi, self admitted sexist/racist, is using the most disingenuous and oldest debate tactic in the book?

and Thy has just demonstrated that he completely missed the point of the blog, i.e. that there is a continuum of degrees of isms, and not everyone is at the most extreme end: scalzi is admitting he is sexist/racist, but is trying hard not to be a sexist or a racist.

along those lines: i wonder how a child would go about equipping himself or herself with a set of parents so pure as to be uncontaminated by any racist/sexist/classist/whateverist threads there might be in their culture.
evercleric

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Sorry, this is BS.

It trivializes actual racism and sexism.

If the rest of the article wasn't talking about how actual racism and sexism are not trivial, you might have had a point. You probably could have avoided your misunderstanding by reading the whole article before deciding you vehemently disagree with it.

Thy Brilliance wrote:
It is a subtle way of saying that it is all right to be sexist or racist, because "everyone is a little sexist or racist, but we all strive to be better".

Actually, it's a not-at-all subtle way of saying exactly the opposite. I take back my suggestion that you read the entire article - your opposite-land reading comprehension would probably just make you misunderstand even more completely.

Thy Brilliance wrote:
I need say only this: Once the proper ideals have been instilled in a child by parents that don't lie about or shelter them from the harsh realities of life, that child is incorruptible.

And just who is this incorruptible child of destiny, with proper ideals, strengthened in body and mind and soul at an early age? Is it you? I think you think it's you.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no... no... don't talk to him. Wheels is right. Look up his post history. He'll just keep spinning ever more strange, extreme, and paranoid ideas at you indefinitely. He's been around forever, and we should really have a sign or something.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It goes something like this:

Eiden wrote:
Thy: We do not trust you have a credible overall understanding of this subject and we are not interested in hearing your interpretations".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
No, no... no... don't talk to him. Wheels is right. Look up his post history. He'll just keep spinning ever more strange, extreme, and paranoid ideas at you indefinitely. He's been around forever, and we should really have a sign or something.

Says the guy with a fetish for embolism.

You forgot to mention that wheels considers me to be some sort of trickster that isn't looking out for your best interests.

(What wheels actually believes)

Maybe when you turn 50 you'll realize all the good things I've done for you Dogen.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now for something more relevant, yet way more bizarre than Thy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/19/milo-moire_n_5174257.html

Quote:
Oh, performance art. You never cease to amaze us.

The latest instance of eye-opening art spectacle comes to us courtesy of Swiss artist Milo Moire. During this year's Art Cologne fair in Germany, she "gave birth" to an artwork by seemingly squeezing paint eggs out of her vagina onto an empty canvas. She did so in a very public space outside the fair, providing unsuspecting passersby with a visual overload of a nude woman laboring -- quite literally -- for the sake of art.

The performance (very NSFW, if you couldn't already guess): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKFZOIv5sS0
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol at the comments saying This woman is giving art a bad name!

Art already is weird, everyone knows this. Don't worry so much, internet.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thy sure did amp up his baiting recently huh.

I'm also going to third wheels: seriously just .. if you have to experience it for yourself, try having a couple of debates with thy. find out how it works out when you disagree with him on any particular point, or challenge his view on human psychology or ethics. then remember that it's always gonna be that way and the dude is really ... like, not in a good way. since we can't get rid of him the forum really needs to try to minimize his distressing responses since he goes off the rails and this place is not good for him
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha, i'm the third wheel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Page 271 of 317

Jump to: