welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014/May/01 - I WANNA WIN!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, Instancow, I'm not taking issue with god games or wish fulfillment. If playing games for the ego trip were taboo, then I'd be a complete monster. I'm taking issue with how the story or settings of some games constantly flatter the player or sow the seeds of entitlement. A lot of my favorite games are quite guilty of this.

I wish I had more games to play that had some confidence that I'll be okay not being the center of their respective universes.
khan

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istancow wrote:
Of all the gamers who demand wish-fulfillment in their games, I'm probably the worst sort.

I play sandbox games alone.

I've logged more hours into Garry's Mod (mostly singleplayer) than any other game on Steam.

Now this is partially because all the addons I stuff the game with extend loading time, and whenever the game crashes I have to reload everything, but more to the point...

I've spent what equates to several days of my life throwing props around, making forts, blowing up npcs I've spawned, crashing cars, flying about exploring maps, and making machines in absolute solitude.

And it's so much fun.
If it's wish-fulfillment, then I have a god complex.

(edit: And don't get me started on Minecraft!)

Not big on newer games, but i've replayed CIV1 and MOO2 a ridiculous amount of times. If playing MOO2 on impossible with and without mods hasnt given me a god complex, nothing will. BUT DID IT?? Silence while my telepathic matriarchy conquers your entire empire without a single ground soldier!

Other than epic strategy, always liked a wide range of gametypes... the infinity engine games certainly got a gob of time, now Baldur's Gate has a new edition. With characters that are not female elves that you can romance, if youre into that kinda thing. Even a gigantic bi halforc. No comment on the two alternative lifestyle characters both being evil though. Really, the only games i dont like are MMOs... i dont game for social interaction, damnit! Ffs, i READ dnd rulebooks with relish, yet have little desire to 'play' it... just love the rule systems. *shrug*
Hekateras

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason the "fake geek girl" stereotype exists is because gatekeeping dudebros are incapable of envisioning a woman who a) has more than one reason for doing a thing, and b) can have a reason for anything that is entirely unrelated to men or wanting to please or impress men.

This perception is nurtured from childhood through the way men (and women!) are consistently taught to see women as a much less complex and only vaguely sentient species that co-evolved with men. This strange and bizarre creature is so different it might as well be from another planet, so devoid of logic the very phrase "women logic" is a joke, notoriously attention-craving and mood-swinging and hormonal but ultimately quite harmless, and with the right manual, even YOU - yes, YOU - could come to be able to interpret its odd little idiosyncrasies, predict its behaviour, understand what it means vs. what it says, what to do during that time of the month and how to pick one up in a bar and, after only five simple steps, proceed to have sex with it without it turning violent and scratching you with its long nails. Caution: requires slightly more upkeep than a cat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: