welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-05-08: Off 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goombaboy wrote:
You know, I might be wrong but I think this is the first time slick has ever said "please"...

slick-related results when archive-searching the word "please"

(that last one could, technically, have been squig, but, who knows)

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, sinfest city is awesome, why had I forgotten about that one?
OklahomanSun

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper wrote:
Clothahump wrote:
Tat is really going out in the weeds with this stuff. Is there an end game for it?

My money is on Tange and Li'E running in to tackle Pixi (again) and save the day. But I actually hope that doesn't happen, because then Slick gets off scot-free again and probably won't learn anything.

And to the people saying "Just get rid of the glasses!" ... well, sure the glasses are showing him price tags on things, but they're not making him act like a dick and offer to "fix" Pixi. He's under no obligation to pay attention to what the price tags show. He's seeing an extra dimension of reality but what he does with the information is all him. So even if the glasses were gone, he wouldn't just snap out of it and stop being a self-centred prick. He'd probably just miss the extra knowledge.

Slick is never going to learn anything. He's just a foil for Tat. There isn't anyone who can replace him. It's one of the weaker points of Sinfest, that Slick will likely never get any significant redemption.
goombaboy

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta, thanks. Your memory is better than mine.

And gotta agree, getting rid of the glasses won't change Slick anymore than putting them on did. Interesting concept, though, since I would love to see what the lack of devil glasses was having on Kcils.

Nah, that would never change him. Lol, that's about as silly as expecting something like a passing comment to change a devil girl or something.. Wink
Nothin' wrong with witchfinding. I'd like to be a witchfinder. It's just, well you've got to take it in turns. Today we'll go out witchfinding, an' tomorrow we could hide, an it'd be the witches' turn to find US...
Echo

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the wearing of glasses that changes someone. It's what they see through them. Slick losing the shades would give him a chance to see Pxsomethingsomething as a person, not just an owned object with an attached pricetag.

I mean, Minique got a different perspective on the world thanks to the Patriarchy Blockers, so it's not too much of a stretch to think that Slick losing the shades could accomplish something similar.
diagram12345

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, that's his first reaction? Gross Slick, super gross.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: