welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 14: Hmm.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
It's the hoodie. The hood is concealed by the scarf from the front, and by Tange's hair at the sides. You can see the hood hanging down at the back in panel 1 here.

And yeah, I think Tange has something when it comes to the meaning of life. Saving people from the masked killer robot girls makes more sense to me than "42", anyway...

Yes, the hoodie definitely has a tail part.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miscorpio wrote:
Last panel: that finger <3

Echo wrote:
Ohhhhhhh, I didn't notice that finger until you pointed it out. That's priceless.

Wait, I don't understand. What's the significance of Tange's finger sticking out in the last panel?

ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper wrote:
Miscorpio wrote:

Echo wrote:
Ohhhhhhh, I didn't notice that finger until you pointed it out. That's priceless.

Wait, I don't understand. What's the significance of Tange's finger sticking out in the last panel?

the significance is that Tange is one classy-ass mofo
Echo

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are long histories of arguments as to whether extending one's little finger when drinking (generally when drinking tea) is polite and refined, or a somewhat gauche affectation.

I tend to view it positively; it's not exactly a natural grasp, so it shows some dedicated effort towards politeness.

From Tange, who is somewhat lacking in other social graces, it's priceless.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the way back yonder, spices came in piles on little plates and trays and bowls. People ate with their hands and kept the pinky clean for dipping into spices.

Having spices meant you had money, as in some cases being worth more than gold by weight, so it became the upper classes way of holding their drinks with pinky extended.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
WHY DOES SHE HAVE NO IRISES!? Every other Devilgirl has them.... I think, at least most of the well known ones do. Why are there no pupils in those eyes, just that blank open expanse of white, or if in the color comics, pale orange. Not that it looks bad, it certainly works for her, it just bothers me WHY!? I crave a reason.

She have irises. We just don't see them. Since she'll replace Slick as Sinfest's main character, she have to wear glasses at all time. They just have very thin frames.

What, you wanted a reason, I give you one. Nobody said anything about being reasonable.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comic: Jeez Tange, cut Lily a bit of slack. He never did see/meet Weapon F.

enchantedsleeper wrote:
Miscorpio wrote:

Echo wrote:

When in doubt, pinkie out.

Ennis wrote:
Totally unrelated to this particular strip but I just found this and the description immediately reminded me of Sinfest and the devil. (It also is accurate)

Between the music itself & the imagery described, my night is complete. Seriously, I'm so satisfied I might light up a cigarette if I had one. How might I download the sound file, Ennis?
Ennis

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:

Ennis wrote:
Totally unrelated to this particular strip but I just found this and the description immediately reminded me of Sinfest and the devil. (It also is accurate)

Between the music itself & the imagery described, my night is complete. Seriously, I'm so satisfied I might light up a cigarette if I had one. How might I download the sound file, Ennis?

I've never tried it, but I found this how-to if you're using Google Chrome and this one for Firefox.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks! Sadly, neither of those worked for me but I did find it on YouTube (God-tier 1080p, oh yes)

EDIT: Also, here it is as the soundtrack to a trailer for three Zack Snyder films, merged into one.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Back in the way back yonder, spices came in piles on little plates and trays and bowls. People ate with their hands and kept the pinky clean for dipping into spices.

Having spices meant you had money, as in some cases being worth more than gold by weight, so it became the upper classes way of holding their drinks with pinky extended.

i had no idea that was where that came from - thanks, Darq!
Ennis

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today in yet more things that remind of Sinfest (this strip in particular)
Humans of New York wrote:
"Nobody came to my tenth birthday party. I have a very vivid memory of helping my mother set the table, then watching through the window as the sun slowly set, before finally realizing that nobody was coming. That moment pretty much set the themes for the rest of my life."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: