welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 23: Vandalism
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that makes sense...who else would mess up the devil's walls?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vainglorious would suit him really well.

Ennis

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Tea wrote:
Yeah, if the graffiti references the Devil's intentions, well... I'll just say that I wrote something up on that topic last month.

For people who don't feel like clicking onto another thread:
Midnight Tea wrote:
I kinda said it in another thread, but I don't think the Devil really cares about money or power in and of itself. I think he cares about being an equal to God. Almost all of his actions in Sinfest can be attributed one way or another as having been supported that overarching motive. The drones are his attempt at recreating God's omniscience. The naked greed and materialism are flimsy attempts to distract himself from his own bitterness, such as his jealousy of the father/son bonding time Jesus had with God. The Patriarchy as a whole is his attempt to impose his own "religion" on society -- i.e. the book of Duderonomy.

(yes, I know, the Judeo-Christian dogma is responsible for a lot of established patriarchy but I'm restricting this speculation to what we know of the Sinfest universe.)

If you see where I'm going with this, you'll see why the Devil is actually a great "Patriarchy" villain for the Sinfest universe. A lot of the time tainted or poisonous ideas that young men get in their heads comes either from their fathers, or a desire to be accepted by their fathers. With Big D it's as simple as just wanting God to respect him or at least acknowledge him beyond handpuppet mockery.
This really sheds an interesting and complex light on his relationship with Lil' E as well. He may well be either repeating the abandonment cycle towards him -- thus the toxic behaviors and mindset the devil munchkin had at one time -- or he could even be attempting to break the cycle by staying out of his life.

In any case, once you look at the big picture, the storyline developing around the Devil has every bit to do with the roots of toxic patriarchy-based culture.

I think I read this before but I really like this theory.

Midnight Tea wrote:

Bomf-ing itself lends to the theory. The Devil is laying claim or a degree of fathership to creations that are not originally his own. It somehow escaped him that if he was able to rebel against his own creator, surely his own "creations" (Tange and Lily) are capable of rebelling against him.

Hmm, he's laying claim to them but neither of them are really his are they? Lil'E is half his mother (obviously) but not only that, has his own desires in conflict with what Dman would want for him. And despite being bomfed Tange still seems to basically be herself (judging by the flashbacks) and also has her own wants that don't include serving the patriarchy or devil. So realising that his ownership over them is illegitimate, does that mean that maybe they could convince everyone else under Dman's power to rebel?

Miss Magenta wrote:
It's more or less canon that Li'l E just straight up cannot bomf at all.

(*) (*)(*)(*)

Nooo I forgot about how sad that last one was.

ChastMastr wrote:
I assumed it was graffiti by the Devil from a long time ago...

That would be kind of cool, if we go to see him doing it in another flashback. I hope this is the actual explanation.

Does anyone else wonder what would happen if the devil was successful it overthrowing God? I mean, he seems to have a pretty good degree of power now, and we rarely even see God doing anything (and he's certainly not actively opposing Dman). Is it even possible for him to overthrow God?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: