welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 8, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 10
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Homeslice



Joined: 17 Jun 2012
Posts: 212
Location: NC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: June 8, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 10 Reply with quote


Tangential Guessing!: Lil'e is able to access the systems because he is D-Man's son.
_________________
woo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khan



Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 168

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd last!

*swoon*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ennis



Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 766
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: June 8, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 10 Reply with quote

Homeslice wrote:

Tangential Guessing!: Lil'e is able to access the systems because he is D-Man's son.

Maybe! Or Lil'E is just good with computers, in older strips he seemed to be on them a lot (even if it seemed like he was mostly trolling, but hey).

Lil'E's expression in panel 5 made me laugh a lot for some reason. Tange's is like "Oh no!" and his is like "OH NOOOOOO" hahahaha

Oh my god I only just noticed that in the panel directly below it Tange has conjured a hanky out of nowhere to wipe her brow haha. And Lil'E's eyes are dots again.

It's a small thing but in panel 7 Lil'E's hand has no fingernails, then in panel 10 (I'm assuming still his hand because same colour) it has fingernails and better defined knuckles. Kinda weird. Plus the thumb is in the opposite direction to where it would be had be been tapping it with the hand shown in the previous panel. If it were't for the colour I'd say it would then make more sense for it to be Tange's hand.

...why does Milton have popcorn? Oh no... he might have seen destroying Pixie as a show or entertainment...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Homeslice



Joined: 17 Jun 2012
Posts: 212
Location: NC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: June 8, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 10 Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

Tangential Guessing!: Lil'e is able to access the systems because he is D-Man's son.

Maybe! Or Lil'E is just good with computers, in older strips he seemed to be on them a lot (even if it seemed like he was mostly trolling, but hey).
Hmm yes, I had forgotten about that
Quote:
...why does Milton have popcorn? Oh no... he might have seen destroying Pixie as a show or entertainment...

I didn't see T&L in the grate in the next panel until you reminded me of the popcorn.
_________________
woo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geareye



Joined: 21 Mar 2013
Posts: 276

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Milton...besides your other issues, you're also useless, aren't you? Big D's gonna fire him when he finds out. Figuratively. And Literally. With Burning Fire. In Hell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khan



Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 168

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibile explanation of popcorn is also its late at night and hes fat.

But he sure looks like hes shitting bricks!

Edit: wonder how Blue is going to salvage this. Or, you know, how D will punish her for screwing up if she cant fix it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: June 8, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 10 Reply with quote

Homeslice wrote:

Tangential Guessing!: Lil'e is able to access the systems because he is D-Man's son.


I'm going for "fucking incompetence" it seems to be the 'patriarchy' MO.

Seriously Tat, when the guys are given every god damn thing and never have to fight for it or even break a sweat, your "evil empire" has less IQ than Mayonnaise.

Hell the actual Empire might have had a retarded shaft that even a little missile going into it causes their super weapon to explode, but its a small little thing that you would have to the plans of the weapon, the exact location, and fucking defenses everywhere on the lead in to this weak-point.

Devil Tech has doors that open to any god damn thing that is deviltech, no checking to see it was modified or not, has no cameras at all. Goes on high alert but doesn't activate any of the robots they have that are USED for snooping and security anywhere, has none vent shafts locked, and has no security on their computers to make sure important procedures are not cancelled by people just walking into the facility because of the complete lack of security.

Also something else I just remembered, where was the thought monitor for the door? I thought that all main entrances had thought monitors for both robots and devils/humans or it sets off an alarm? Why was this one left out? (And for proof, the robots lime sneaked in had to have bad thoughts in order to get access too). Why was this dropped?

Oh yeah because then Lil'E and Orange couldn't waltz in and save the robot in time.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geareye wrote:
Oh Milton...besides your other issues, you're also useless, aren't you? Big D's gonna fire him when he finds out. Figuratively. And Literally. With Burning Fire. In Hell.


Dude, he's in the room with the robot that was going to shoot him 2 or 3 sunday's ago, he's not fired, HE'S FUCKING DEAD.

Which to some people will probably be ok because "Milton has killed before", which I find interesting. Yes he did kill, he killed an assassin robot that wasn't following controls, an the only other robot he knew about that did the same thing started to attack people.

I wonder whats worse, killing something you THINK is going to kill hundreds of people, or letting that exist and taking that chance. (I know I know no way to know that the robot would do that, but we also don't know she wouldn't walk over to the crowded strip club and shoot up the place to take out the men after being shown what men has done to 'her' kind).
_________________
The Angry Asshat.


Last edited by Rothide on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miss Magenta



Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 1844
Location: im probably asleep right now

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: June 8, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 10 Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Also something else I just remembered, where was the thought monitor for the door? I thought that all main entrances had thought monitors for both robots and devils/humans or it sets off an alarm?


Only the entrance of the devil mansion has a thought detector. This isn't the devil mansion.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: June 8, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 10 Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Rothide wrote:
Also something else I just remembered, where was the thought monitor for the door? I thought that all main entrances had thought monitors for both robots and devils/humans or it sets off an alarm?


Only the entrance of the devil mansion has a thought detector. This isn't the devil mansion.


Well why does the devil mansion only have it, I mean if he's worried about his house being broken into, why not his property too? I mean he seems miffed whenever anything happens to his stuff, why wouldn't he take the same precautions to protect it?

Again, pretty stupid.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3403
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide, what do you get out of reading this comic? (This is a serious, honest question.)
You know that Tat is going to write things that piss you off, and that you don't agree with. I'm asking because it appears that nothing about Sinfest gives you joy - not even the happy sunshiney community we've got here at the forum.

I know people do keep up with things they hate for various reasons, it's just a human thing to do. But I can't figure out what you actually are getting out of it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Rothide, what do you get out of reading this comic? (This is a serious, honest question.)
You know that Tat is going to write things that piss you off, and that you don't agree with. I'm asking because it appears that nothing about Sinfest gives you joy - not even the happy sunshiney community we've got here at the forum.

I know people do keep up with things they hate for various reasons, it's just a human thing to do. But I can't figure out what you actually are getting out of it.


Hmm... I guess because I want to see what he's going to do to get out of this and seeing how him trying to "world build" just makes his chosen villain look like anyone could have put a stop to him if they just walked into the place and turned of the system.

For instance I am interested in what will happen Monday, will it be a cutaway just to give him time to figure out what the hell to do, will the robot somehow not be able to get to Milton? Will the high alert suddenly appear on screen to stop the robot when they were no where when two intruders were slinking around in the vent shaft?

And then I love pointing out this stuff, and hearing what defense/rational is going to be used to combat what I say. I must admit that has kinda gone the way of the dodo cause it's basically just "you don't like it leave/we don't listen to what you say anymore".

But still for anyone that can't/won't comment on the forum, but actually reads all the posts, and even mine, I just wanna point out the flaws I see. And who knows, maybe Tats will read it and not just think I'm a massive Troll. I mean I have no clue if it actually caused it, but Web Comics Review commented on how Tats sight design was kinda crappy, and low and behold site style update a little bit after.

Even if I give him some Ideas to use or even show him what the people that don't exactly like the comic the reasons they don't (besides just shouting Misandry) it can only improve his style.

To tell you the truth I think he should cut back from daily comics to 3 times a week, give him the ability to think about what he wants to do with his stories, instead of just making a comic daily and cranking out deus ex machina when the stuff gets too complicated.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miss Magenta



Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 1844
Location: im probably asleep right now

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: June 8, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 10 Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Well why does the devil mansion only have it, I mean if he's worried about his house being broken into, why not his property too? I mean he seems miffed whenever anything happens to his stuff, why wouldn't he take the same precautions to protect it?.


well, that's the thing. the thought detector ISNT there because d-man was ever afraid of someone breaking in, necessarily. i mean, he might be. but it was more put there to keep things from breaking out... y'know, since it wasn't put in until after squig crash landed in hell and made his escape through the mansion itself... which was shown to not work out in the end with fuchsia. why he still keeps it around when it doesn't really work out the way he wants it to, i don't really know. but that's just how it is.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: June 8, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 10 Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Rothide wrote:
Well why does the devil mansion only have it, I mean if he's worried about his house being broken into, why not his property too? I mean he seems miffed whenever anything happens to his stuff, why wouldn't he take the same precautions to protect it?.


well, that's the thing. the thought detector ISNT there because d-man was ever afraid of someone breaking in, necessarily. i mean, he might be. but it was more put there to keep things from breaking out... y'know, since it wasn't put in until after squig crash landed in hell and made his escape through the mansion itself... which was shown to not work out in the end with fuchsia. why he still keeps it around when it doesn't really work out the way he wants it to, i don't really know. but that's just how it is.


That makes it worse, if its to stop people from breaking out of hell, why have it at the front door when they had to have already broken out of hell to do that? Why not right before the doorway out of hell to have the thought machine? It keeps people from going down to save people, and keeps people in hell from being able to run out of the house and into the lawn and gives more time to catch him in the mansion, a place with tight corridors and doors that can be locked besides one gated wall that could be climbed over.

Again the answers just makes the enemy seem even more dumb.

Edit: And let me add something, if this is used to stop people from rescuing people/getting people out of hell, again, why is it not used to keep people from getting into his important buildings as well. I mean I realize just one bad thought negates the whole system, but no one else would have known that, thus causing an alarm that could have stopped anyone from getting in.

And yet the devil still gets upset when people subvert his systems/destroys his property, yet does nothing to stop it, he has all of this crap at his disposal yet uses nothing.
_________________
The Angry Asshat.


Last edited by Rothide on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ennis



Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 766
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
I mean I have no clue if it actually caused it, but Web Comics Review commented on how Tats sight design was kinda crappy, and low and behold site style update a little bit after.

Excuse you, it was clearly my prophetic dream that caused the site design upgrade.

Also why did you randomly capitalise "Ideas" and "Misandry".
I purposely leave off the question mark because if I were asking this in reality, I would not raise the pitch at the end.

On a more flippant note (not that I was taking any of this terribly seriously to begin with) regardless of what happens I want Tange to eat the popcorn that fell on the floor. I don't know why. I just think it would be funny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group