welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 1: Devil Tech Headquarters 32

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Homeslice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: July 1: Devil Tech Headquarters 32 Reply with quote

This fight isn't over yet!
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well. Was that Blue's doing, or did Clio's intervention run its course?
Mr Zero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Bad Blue's back has been to the camera for the last few comic strips. This is to make her appear in control, at her post, and at the wheel. I like to think that it's to hide the look on her face. I wonder: Worried lip bite or surprized duck-face?
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howabout pissed-off demoness?

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ennis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daaamn did we really need four panels to show that the drones were back online? Could we not have had one panel establishing this and the rest on the getaway ambulance? *sigh*
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's Blue doing? Every time we see her she's just staring at the screens.

stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Devil also spends a lot of time staring at those screens. I bet she's just doing what he normally does. Maybe there's nothing of note going on elsewhere?

Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it even possible to do anything beside working in front of those screens with this technology?
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Is it even possible to do anything beside working in front of those screens with this technology?

There certainly was a few episodes of MLP displaying there while off-comic.
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:

She only looks to have her hands on the working surface (keyboard?) in one of the four panels that she's in. The other three show her with hands on hips or tented pensively on the edge. Even in the one where her hands are on the work surface, she looks to be leaned over in exasperation or annoyance rather than working (to me). It's a pose I know well from my history of working with stupid people. It looks like all she does is stare at the screen and not do anything.

I guess you might say she's typing in the panel where her hands are tented, in which case the question is moot, but it just doesn't look like it to me.
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Daaamn did we really need four panels to show that the drones were back online? Could we not have had one panel establishing this and the rest on the getaway ambulance? *sigh*

It's for dramatic emphasis.

Oh, yes, sometimes I, too, feel like an impatient child at the feet of the storyteller shouting "What's next? What happens next?" when the storyteller is trying to spin out something complex and has only four panels a day and a dozen or so on Sunday to tell the story and still incorporate something stunning in the visual department. Here we sit demanding a Hemmingway to tell the tale with an economy of words, and there he sits striving to be Cecil B. DeMille. Drama! Cast of thousands! Astounding cinematic art!

While I appreciate the dramatic tension of the drone awakening, I do agree that the last panel at least could have moved the story forward by showing something important on each of the screens instead of bland scenery, with Blue's reaction to the chaos she's been missing while the drones have been down. But maybe that will be a strip for another day -- one screen per panel.

Of course, we don't know yet what the drones are off to intercept. Their original mission, or something else that Clio programmed in?
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, we can't see all of the right-hand screen but it is a roadway -maybe that one is tracking the ambulance?

also, am i the only one who wonders how those things right themselves? they only have one wing really operational, and it seems like flapping that would tend to turn them over, rather than lift the top up. they seem sorta like turtles, except worse.

or maybe they do get off the ground by doing a sort of flip? that would be cool to see!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: