welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assess and Walk Away...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each time the Sunday strips come out, I find that I scan for the story, then get drawn in panel by panel. Always some important detail missed in the first scan. And always such stunning cinematography in a story told largely in visuals.

"I will not comply" -- The first assassin-bot set forth was essentially one of Milton's avatars, controlled from his safe little world in the bowels of Devil Tech -- until she entered the Reality Zone. Now all the assassin-bots have her memories and, it appears, her dawning consciousness.

So -- where are they off to now?
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either to escape or to free the entire standard-model fembot product line before trashing the place. Evidently a proper murderous revenge is too "real" for them.

On another note, is their self-destruct disabled? Also is the self-destruct based on set of implanted explosive charges or a forced power core overload? The former seems most likely due to the even-ness of the explosion across the fembot rather than it being centralized, although that might be due to indidual power nodes. It would be a shame for the fembots to "escape" only to be destroyed remotely, which is always a possibility if they have any self-destruct system at all.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
-Awesome-.

Also did we know that their braids act like scorpion tails with lasers!? I feel like it's not talked about enough if we did.

Yeah, I was all kinds of "That is SUPER bad-ass"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder... Milton's biggest fear when the Assassin Bot landed in the Reality Zone, and thus lost contact with his controller, was that she'd turn into a man-killer. And by "man-killer," being such a self-centered derp that he is, perhaps his biggest fear was "Milton-killer."

However, the Assassin Squad turned away and refused to comply with the "kill" command. Now, Milton isn't known for having any particular ability to see the world through anyone else's eyes, and in fact prefers a good fantasy to actual reality:

Thus -- does Milton even have the ability to recognize the glimmerings of consciousness in the Assassin Squad bots? Or is he likely to go straight for the Self Destruct button, seeing as how he "knows" a rogue Assassin Bot will turn into a Milton-killer?

Or, being so thoroughly Milton, maybe he'll think there were "definite vibes" between him and the bots. Ooh, so hot.

ETA: Milton, you ossified goof, you built those Assassin Bots in the first place. Is there anything like "kill all men" in their programming? If there is -- why?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He might assume the Sisterhood gave them a 'kill all men' upgrade.

Homeslice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
I'm mostly hoping they'll get some pants.

They're already wearing some. Laughing
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingsJake wrote:
Each time the Sunday strips come out, I find that I scan for the story, then get drawn in panel by panel. Always some important detail missed in the first scan. And always such stunning cinematography in a story told largely in visuals.

Yeah, that tends to be my experience with the Sunday strips as well, unless the site is loading slowly in which case I'm forced to take it in gradually. Comments in the forum tend to alert me to a lot of the little details that I miss in my initial reading of the strip.

EverythingsJake wrote:
ETA: Milton, you ossified goof, you built those Assassin Bots in the first place. Is there anything like "kill all men" in their programming? If there is -- why?

Well, I think the implication is that once a bot enters the Reality Zone programming kinda goes out the window. The evidence we've seen so far supports this, as well.

Echo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's worth remembering that Milton did feel bad when he remote-self-destructed his original weaponised fembot. Not as bad as she did while she was exploding, and he's still a murderer as well as a fucking creep and a lover of spying on & controlling women and all the rest. But having been spared by the weaponised fembot horde, I think he might pick up on the "They didn't kill me when they had every reason and opportunity - maybe I owe them..." vibe, even after missing the "Killing other characters is bad" vibe previously.

I mean, come on, we've had continuous plot development for a few weeks now - some characters ought to have an opportunity or two to grow here, and Milton's the most obvious suspect (having probably the most to learn)...
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it looks like they have free will but, at this point at least, it's a collective free will. Maybe as they get more experience they will individualize.

Meanwhile what I'd really like to see happen is for them to run into Buddha and then a strip showing them sitting in a circle going "Ommmm".
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I do hope that the issue of the Assassin Bot Squad on the loose isn't resolved by Buddha putting in on his motor cloud and zen-zapping the lot of them, so that they can all frolic among the flowers and Pegasi.

While it might be amusing, it wouldn't be terribly satisfying. Like a weak punchline to joke.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
I'm mostly hoping they'll get some pants.

yes, everytime i see them, i can't help but think how uncomfortable those bikini things must be, for real action.

on the other hand, they are 'bots - i suppose they could be just painted on.
Ronald

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingsJake wrote:
"I will not comply" --

I'm not the only one who perceived that as a Borg reference, am I?

They even look a little like Borg, chalk-white and all in black.

When you think about it, the Borg were kind of a metaphor for imperialism: A bunch of white people who wanted to use their technology to force everyone to be just like them. That doesn't apply here, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: