welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 17, 2014: Devil Tech Headquarters 44
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Jabberjay wrote:
Think that's she means it metaphorically or does she literally love the statue the same way that woman who married the Eiffel Tower loved an inanimate object?

I think she meant it metaphorically. Just like any number of people who make not dissimilar statements in the real world every day.

That isn't "Justice," it's a statue. Just like an American flag isn't "America," it's a piece of cloth. And so on.

The name of the American Flag is "Old Glory." I wouldn't judge somebody for falling in love with that inanimate object, either.

Although I *do* honestly hope that eventually there is a character named Justice (besides technically Xanthe) walking around so I can ship them together. Justice would have to be canonically blind though. That way, when they are on a date, Xanthe can describe a sunset to her or something as they hold hands....

BRB, have fanfiction to write.
pgranzeau

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricksterson wrote:

But showing considerably more cleavage and leg.

Since Xanthe has already told Cupid that she's married to Justice, I will assume that this is a statue of her wife.

Most statues of Justice do show a lot of cleavage and leg.

http://www.williamsburgsculpture.com/Statue_of_Justice_80_color_5_inLanzalotti_rev_SD_whole_copy.jpg for instance.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helenic Goddesses weren't known for prudishness or conservatism in how they dressed.
Ronald

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberjay wrote:
Although I *do* honestly hope that eventually there is a character named Justice (besides technically Xanthe) walking around

I'd honestly hope that Tat would clear up a few things about the characters he has before adding more, but I know that such a hope could at absolute best be described as "unduly optimistic."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: