welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-07-14: Devil Tech Headquarters 41 - Call Me Maybe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are so many things wrong with that... it's like a layered onion of wrongness.

See, you're capable of noticing how wrong it is even without me telling you the details. Hint: the details contradict basic biological realities.

They weren't so dead-set on the giant robots, though. They just felt that a giant robot would give them the extra edge they needed.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, a giant robot does make a statement....
Ennis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberjay wrote:
There are so many things wrong with that... it's like a layered onion of wrongness. I just have a story that I've worked out and am trying to turn into a novel or cartoon series. I've actually gone through the process of learning how to do both of those and am working on the product and pitch material in my spare time. I don't have time for robots or cannibals or lizardpeople wearing Obama-skin, even if I *did* have enough time to watch both seasons of V on Netflix (don't watch it unless you enjoy being angry about poor television writing).

Jabberjay from another thread wrote:
I'd draw a diagram but I'm terrible at art.

If that's so, unless you're best friends with an artist (or have money to hire one to do concept art, or have ridiculously good connections) I doubt you're going to be able to pitch a cartoon series. Not to mention the fact that a novel and a cartoon series are miles apart in terms of how you would need to structure them. But hey, if you manage to somehow get it accepted and are looking for animators, I'll be looking for a job in about a year's time XD
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, I've done my research and know what I'm doing for both the novel and cartoon series routes. I already have an artist for the pitch material but I'll keep you in mind if I need anybody else in that regard. Actually, from what I recall your survey infographic was very well put together... do you have much experience with .pdfs? My current artist can do character and scenery art but a Pitch Bible needs to be artistically formatted as well. I was thinking of trying to make an interactive digital version.

As for the novel, I'll have to get a first draft done before I can start trying to pitch that.
Ennis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some experience with graphic design and I have put together a sort of pitch bible before. I don't think putting together an "interactive digital version" would be worth it unless you're talking about some sort of website, an area which I'm afraid I don't have that much experience.

Also, bluntly, I'd only be doing this if it were paid. I already have a lot of things to do for uni and a sort of side work experience gig, I could only really justify taking something like this on if it earned me some cash.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
I have some experience with graphic design and I have put together a sort of pitch bible before. I don't think putting together an "interactive digital version" would be worth it unless you're talking about some sort of website, an area which I'm afraid I don't have that much experience.

Also, bluntly, I'd only be doing this if it were paid. I already have a lot of things to do for uni and a sort of side work experience gig, I could only really justify taking something like this on if it earned me some cash.

The interactive digital version would be to make it stand head and shoulders over paper and ink pitch bibles. Also of course you'll want money. Art is work and work should be paid. I'll PM you some links to Docs I have on it but there's still a lot of work to do before I pull everything together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: