welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 1, 2014: Back to base

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: August 1, 2014: Back to base Reply with quote

On her way back to the manor -- just how long did Abby think she was going to be away? -- and about to see the files. I'm still not ready to venture a guess as to how she will react.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This feels like build-up for Sunday.
Istancow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PING!
Echo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah. Heading back already?

But still, I'm looking forward to Blue watching Pxsomethingsomething's memories, and seeing what she learns.
Ronald

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's stalling again.

Oh well. His strip, his pace.
Ricia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
He's stalling again.

Oh well. His strip, his pace.

It's the most aggravating thing about the comic, really. I just want stuff to happen! It's like getting a book, a sentence at a time. It's torture, I'm telling you, just torture.

On a completely different note, I want to make up headcanon for the chauffeur. No special reason why, I just like chauffeurs.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine he has a nintendo DS and spends the time waiting in the car playing pokemon. I don't have a DS or play pokemon IRL but a lot of people I know who have jobs with a lot of waiting usually do.
Ennis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I could think of when I saw the last panel was "add a back and 3/4 view and that's a good turnaround sheet"

Sinfest: The Animated Series.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever seen the documentary Dear Mr. Watterson? Part of it has various comic strip artists talking about the consequences of any kind of merchandising or selling rights. Unless he somehow paid for the entire thing himself Tats would probably lack total control over his own creative material, which is one of the primary appeals of comic strips and webcomics to begin with. Lots of people will critique on what was drawn and what should be drawn (guilty!) but nobody can, with any concrete authority, say "you must draw this" or "you cannot draw this."

The only way I can see it maybe working is if he did a webseries, like Buckley tried with CAD a few years back. It would be small enough scale that it could be plausibly Kickstarter'd for funding, leaving Tats with complete control of the project. It certainly wouldn't be easy but it is at least theoretically possible. In terms of effort, risk, and potential reward it's almost certainly not worth the trouble.

BUT ALAS, WE MAY STILL DREAM.

In my head the Sinfest Animated Series has a similar episodic pacing to Regular Show.
Ronald

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tat could've covered this material in three panels of a Sunday strip, the rest of which would cover the disc's contents:

1: Blue walks to the car

2: Blue, inside the car, inserts the disc (I think the audience could be trusted to figure out that she's inserting it into a player)

3: PING! and we're off

Oh well.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricia wrote:

On a completely different note, I want to make up headcanon for the chauffeur. No special reason why, I just like chauffeurs.

well, he does have points of interest. for example, his hat shows his horns. some hats cover horns. is this part of his uniform, showing that he serves the devil? are they even real horns? (they look a little large).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: