welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In search of obscure religions.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: the Persian Empire is my anthropological specialty Reply with quote

Amethyst Shadow wrote:
As Sam once again flexes his uber pimpness and all powerful knowledge of things obscure and cool.

You wanna know what's really cool? Zoroastrianism is an absurdly fast-growing religion.

A lot of it is pretty elegant, especially in the "Zurvanite" conceptualizations: Ahura Mazda as the creator of the children of paths. One chose the path of truth, one chose the path of the lie (Asha vs. Druj). They then represent the conflicting consciousness of mankind and the conflict between good and evil.
Usagi Miyamoto

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so

Last edited by Usagi Miyamoto on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
What happena my handle?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wanna know what's sad? Whenever I think I might go through the ordination process for the ULC, I stop myself. I have too much integrity to pretend to pledge myself to its credo, when I don't feel I quite agree with it or would live up to it:
Quote:
In existence since 1959, the Universal Life Church is headquartered in Modesto, California, and has congregations around the world. The sun never sets on the Universal Life Church. ULC ministers come from all walks of life and spiritual traditions. Our common thread is our adherence to the universal doctrine of religious freedom:

"Do only that which is right".

Every person has the natural right (and the responsibility) to peacefully determine what is right. We are advocates of religious freedom.
Ah well. I do have my Pope card in my wallet. Yes, I'm a Pope.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and everyone else that read the Principia Discordia, yeah? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: