welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions and Answers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 753, 754, 755  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Digital Dragon wrote:
How do you give up an addictive life path?

First, I would explore what aspects you find so addictive. Why is it something you go back to, even if it's unhealthy to do so? (I'm assuming it's an unhealthy path, if you're trying to change it.) Is it a person that is so attractive that keeps drawing you back into patterns of behavior? Maybe it would be better, even if it's hard or hurts, to minimize or exclude this person. Is it less of a single person's influence, and more of a group? Seek out new friends, new interests. But that is only part of it. Cognitive behavioral therapy can probably help significantly in regards to finding out why you think certain ways that end up harming you, and how to change the way you think to change the way you feel and act. Also, you have to be committed to change. Not just the desire to change, but committed to the idea that changing your life path will significantly shake things up, and change not only what you do, but actually change who you are.
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfpint wrote:
K. A boy asks you how he is size wise... WHAT DO YOU SAY???

Tell him he feels really great (if he does). And one of the simplest answers is, when he has it out, as he probably will when he asks this, is to smile, just go, "mmm!" and run your hands over it. Most of the time, they'll be happy with that answer.
Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you know if you're in love?
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
Omega F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsFrisby wrote:

Because humans, not just women, are complex and sometimes contridictory beings.

Nice way of saying people are hypocrites.
donut3point5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend is being wanky and trying to hit on a girl when he has a girlfriend some long distance away, but doesn't want to break up and refuses to listen to all my advice.
O' great bearer of knowledge known as MsFrisby, how, if I should, intervene?
--donut3.5--
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude. You guys USED to ask easy questions like, how many oreos are in the average package of oreos? Ah well. As long as people get something out of my answers, I guess I'll keep giving them out.

Infatuation is part of love. It is. Being infatuated involves all the super gushy feelings: think about their face, their voice, their smell, their laugh, the desire to spend as much possible free time as you can together, wanting to know everything about them, knowing that your life has changed permanently because of them. And then there's more. There's wanting to do things for them because it will make them happy and you don't really care if it's a hard thing to do. Where you know that if anything terrible happened and they died, that some part of your own self would be gone forever. Where you think, "What would they do in this situation?" Or you make yourself a better person because you value their respect. Where you'd clean up their vomit or shit when they were sick, or still want to be near them if they had an accident and lost a limb. When crazy or disapproving or just extremely boring relatives are regularly put up with because they are worth it and it's good to know more about why they are the way they are (whether out of rebellion or happy modeling). When they can go on a trip away from you and you have no misgivings about their faithfulness. When you lose your keys and you're half-frantic turning your house upside down trying to find them and the other person can give you a hug that can truly get you calmed somewhat, so you can continue the search for the keys in a better mood. When you have 20 kazillion things to do in a day and they offer to run a couple errands for you and bring back your favorite take out dish for supper when they return. When you are both listening to someone speak at a lecture or rally or whathaveyou and you both look at each other, don't say a word, but absolutely KNOW what the other person thinks of the speaker.

And that just scratches the surface. Really, you know you're in love when you know. You may have the creeping sensation coming upon you, where you're still unsure. But when you're in love, really in love, you simply let your heart decide it.
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

donut3point5 wrote:
Friend is being wanky and trying to hit on a girl when he has a girlfriend some long distance away, but doesn't want to break up and refuses to listen to all my advice.
O' great bearer of knowledge known as MsFrisby, how, if I should, intervene?
--donut3.5--

So, basically, the dude wants to cheat on his girlfriend, and you're trying to stand in his way. Is he drunk? Is this an isolated, one time incident? Or is it an ongoing thing? If isolated, you can try to intervene through distraction. But if it's ongoing, well... would you tell his girlfriend if the guy was cheating on her (even if you did so anonymously by sending pictures or something)? Other than that step, if you're willing to take it and alienate your friend direction, there's not a lot you can do. I would distance myself from that person as much as possible, though. Tell him that you don't want to be too close to the drama fallout, which WILL eventually occur. And you are obviously unhappy with his unethical and thoughtless behavior. Even if he's a good friend, if you've already counselled him that it's a bad idea, you should walk away. You can't force him to make good decisions.
jwing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q: I've entered a competition in Reno next July. One of the categories I've signed up for is "Alternative". I need to dance to non-Middle Eastern music, with non-belly dance moves mixed in with my belly dancing. I want to base a 6-minute (or so) routine around the one scene in The Birdcage where Armand (Robin Williams) is directing the drag show.

"You do an eclectic celebration of the dance! You do Fosse, Fosse, Fosse! You do Martha Graham, Martha Graham, Martha Graham! Or Twyla, Twyla, Twyla! Or Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd! Or Madonna, Madonna, Madonna!... but you keep it all inside. "

What music would you recommend to go with this? I was thinking of either "We are Family" or having snippets of songs made famous by the above mentioned choreographers. (along with dance-related soundbits, i.e. Gene Kelly singing the line "Gotta Dance!")

Your thoughts, opinions and ideas, please?
CTrees

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did it take this long for you to create this iteration of this thread?
Krazy Stixx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawaiian shirts: just for big fat party animals?
dazedb42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I keep my beard or shave it down to a Mo?
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mohawk beard?
Idlethought

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, fris, when they asked you

Quote:
how do you know if you're in love?

you could have always gone the anchorman way and said "if you sing Afternoon Delight"
DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 753, 754, 755  Next
Page 4 of 755

Jump to: