Welcome to the Fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sept. 10: The Ball 28

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mr. Meddler



Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 2167
Location: On the sunny side of the street

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Sept. 10: The Ball 28 Reply with quote



How bittersweet...
_________________
WARNING: Microwave musclebear detection devices in use on these premises!

Click here to see my artwork!
Click here to check out my Tweets!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Draculaura



Joined: 19 Sep 2015
Posts: 1781
Location: ART COLLEGE???

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...

it's times like this i wish tat had rolled his comic out better. so many clamor for positive wlw content, and the 'nique/abby relationship is such a good example!

shame so much around it is plagued by outside and inside bullshit.






anyway.

i support these gays.

and if you ever decide to fuck with some transmisogynistic bullshit on this comic again i will see to it your feminist cred is ground into microscopic dust and destroyed on the atomic level
_________________
THE SKELETON JUSTICE WARRIOR

(YAAAAAAA I AM LESBIAN)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nekomancer



Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my! How beautiful, and the juxtaposition of two love stories! But am I mistaken in seeing? Was the Devil's Mansion, once the school? That would make for an interesting insight into Big D's character and psychology.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Absynthe



Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 649

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draculaura wrote:
...

it's times like this i wish tat had rolled his comic out better. so many clamor for positive wlw content, and the 'nique/abby relationship is such a good example!

shame so much around it is plagued by outside and inside bullshit.






anyway.

i support these gays.

and if you ever decide to fuck with some transmisogynistic bullshit on this comic again i will see to it your feminist cred is ground into microscopic dust and destroyed on the atomic level


So, you commiting to the terminally bitter lifestyle already? Is it just impossible for you to enjoy something for what it is, rather than what you want it to be?
Maybe go make something that would better fit your vision, rather than ranting about someone else's work that doesn't meet your particular and peculiar needs.
Or just whine incessantly. Whatever works for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MTGradwell



Joined: 09 Nov 2014
Posts: 141
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekomancer wrote:
Oh, my! How beautiful, and the juxtaposition of two love stories! But am I mistaken in seeing? Was the Devil's Mansion, once the school? That would make for an interesting insight into Big D's character and psychology.


There's some stylistic similarity, but the school had smaller windows and more of them. The mansion was built by Big D when Lilith was pregnant, I think as a way to try to outdo heaven. He wanted something more impressive than heaven's castles-in-the-sky. I don't think he's quite succeeded in that aim, but that's a matter of taste, YMMV. See http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2015-04-19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Draculaura



Joined: 19 Sep 2015
Posts: 1781
Location: ART COLLEGE???

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, absynthe. my fat black gay ass is pissed as hell forever. i'm a flying, hissing, acid-spitting bitter betty cucaracha and you can't crush me.

besides i said inside and outside bullshit.

inside meaning tatsuya's regrettable flirting with TERF ideology (which i am still not sure he's abandoned) and outside being... you know... him being an eternal laughingstock and joke in the webcomics community for his clunky switchover to something a majority of his fanbase despised.

like, i live for and love the femimisms and the socialisms and the lezbeans, but it's obvious that tat is still struggling with a full understanding of it--not to mention the switch from a gag-a-day to a full-blown storyline thing has caused a lotta holes and growing pains.

and these factors and more helped shoot this webcomic's rising star down with an RPG. he can't even get a foothold as a proper social justice comic because of the fuckhuge deafening silence that is his stance on the trans community, with occasional glimpses of some real nasty nuh-uh no-good 90s S.C.U.M shit.

so i adore this beautiful moment of this comic. i adore hekate and her mysterious woodland manse. i adore tange and her sword-swinging antics. i adore the bots and their destruction of those who'd buy and sell them and treat them as toys, and their grappling with life and existence. i adore so, so much.

i just wish everything around it was that much stronger.

but like... i can't do shit.

so bzz-bzz.
_________________
THE SKELETON JUSTICE WARRIOR

(YAAAAAAA I AM LESBIAN)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
0z79



Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 488

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draculaura wrote:
no, absynthe. my fat black gay ass is pissed as hell forever. i'm a flying, hissing, acid-spitting bitter betty cucaracha and you can't crush me.

besides i said inside and outside bullshit.

inside meaning tatsuya's regrettable flirting with TERF ideology (which i am still not sure he's abandoned) and outside being... you know... him being an eternal laughingstock and joke in the webcomics community for his clunky switchover to something a majority of his fanbase despised.

like, i live for and love the femimisms and the socialisms and the lezbeans, but it's obvious that tat is still struggling with a full understanding of it--not to mention the switch from a gag-a-day to a full-blown storyline thing has caused a lotta holes and growing pains.

and these factors and more helped shoot this webcomic's rising star down with an RPG. he can't even get a foothold as a proper social justice comic because of the fuckhuge deafening silence that is his stance on the trans community, with occasional glimpses of some real nasty nuh-uh no-good 90s S.C.U.M shit.

so i adore this beautiful moment of this comic. i adore hekate and her mysterious woodland manse. i adore tange and her sword-swinging antics. i adore the bots and their destruction of those who'd buy and sell them and treat them as toys, and their grappling with life and existence. i adore so, so much.

i just wish everything around it was that much stronger.

but like... i can't do shit.

so bzz-bzz.


Ahh, youth... I remember being that angry. I'm still a very angry person, but at least I don't lie awake at night, thinking of how badly I want to hurt certain people anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vixine



Joined: 12 Jan 2016
Posts: 282

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, guys. Please, condescend to her harder. I am sure nothing but good will come of that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CopperRose



Joined: 19 Aug 2016
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just my opinion but, despite Nique’s attitude 9/11/17 comic, she shares more in common with the Devil than she knows.

1) Both were in sort of “forbidden” relationships.

2) Both partners have a conflict of interest. In the case of the Devil and Lilith it seem to start after they became parents, Lilith became a nurturing mom and the Devil wasn’t a very fatherly dad. Now we have Nique who is going all radfem with “All of Men” and despise the elite and we have Abby who work for the elite, pander to the type of men Nique hates and, show no signs of wanting out.

It was conflict of interest that destroyed the Devil’s and Lilith’s relationship from the flashbacks I saw and the same could threaten Abby’s and Nique’s.

Also it might open up Nique's eyes that despite the Devil being, well the The Devil he was capable of loving someone just like how she, who was at time considered a "tease" and a "hoe", is now capable of loving someone.
_________________
She works hard for the money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enchantedsleeper



Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Posts: 910
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CopperRose wrote:
Also it might open up Nique's eyes that despite the Devil being, well the The Devil he was capable of loving someone just like how she, who was at time considered a "tease" and a "hoe", is now capable of loving someone.


Okay... I was going to analyse some of the other stuff you brought up, but this stuck out oddly to me. You don't think 'Nique was capable of loving someone before? She may have been more flirtatious and less serious (and considered by others to be a "tease" and a "hoe"), but incapable of love? I don't think so.
_________________
If that's the worst you got, better put your fingers back to the keys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CopperRose



Joined: 19 Aug 2016
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper wrote:
CopperRose wrote:
Also it might open up Nique's eyes that despite the Devil being, well the The Devil he was capable of loving someone just like how she, who was at time considered a "tease" and a "hoe", is now capable of loving someone.


Okay... I was going to analyse some of the other stuff you brought up, but this stuck out oddly to me. You don't think 'Nique was capable of loving someone before? She may have been more flirtatious and less serious (and considered by others to be a "tease" and a "hoe"), but incapable of love? I don't think so.


I'm talking in the comic's perspective and not my own. Anyone and Everyone is capable of being in love and being loved I know that. Please give me more credit than that! But, I can't deny how Tat used to portray 'Nique as someone unattainable because of her "rep". And its the same with the Devil, he's evil but then there's Lilith who saw "good" in him. It's called Depth. While Nique is calling out the Devil, she has a past and objective of her own. It's parallel, I think.
_________________
She works hard for the money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group