Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

give tatsuya ishida your moneys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok - must admit, hadn't thought it through.

so i'm voting 'dick detector' is for "people acting like dicks".....which admittedly in sinfest is pretty much male people.

but i'm still sticking by my opinion that tat isn't addressing trans issues because he doesn't feel confident in his knowledge/ability to address them properly. i think if he were genuinely transphobic, we would still get the occasional strip where transgender is treated as the setup or punchline to a joke.

i could be wrong.
0z79

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cleocatra wrote:
I'm holding off until I can be sure he's not actually a terf because signs so far have been a bit Confused

Learning to appreciate an artist's output and learning that he probably hates you isn't too pleasant, is it.
cleocatra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0z79 wrote:
cleocatra wrote:
I'm holding off until I can be sure he's not actually a terf because signs so far have been a bit Confused

Learning to appreciate an artist's output and learning that he probably hates you isn't too pleasant, is it.

I know the writer of the IT Crowd/Father Ted is basically a quiet terf, though hopefully the fact that some big terfs have been saying anti-abortion things means he might take a look at his politics.

I still like the shows, I just don't want to buy things which support him.
TinT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cleocatra wrote:
like the whole thing with feminism is about choice, and not choosing for others

No, that's inane. Feminism is about eliminating the oppression of women and girls. Sarah Palin, Phyllis Schlafly, Michele Bachmann, Christina Hoff Sommers, the "Honey Badgers" and an endless parade of other right wing women have made choices that result in women and girls facing more violence, more trafficking, more vulnerability, more oppression. "Choice" is not the metric, and most choices aren't feminist ones, particularly the ones available in a patriarchal society. But sloganeering is way easier than actual practice of feminist theory.
Yorick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out what tiny little box this new terminology is supposed to be about
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: