Welcome to the Fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 23, 2018: Better Programming 23
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Miracle_Drakon



Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 102

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: May 23, 2018: Better Programming 23 Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Caimsen wrote:
Chronometry wrote:


Okay, yes, pimps are bad. This we can agree on, Tat.

The answer to your question, Saph? Regulation. Laws. Removing the stigma against sex workers of all stripes so they don't feel threaTENED BY THE POLICE WHO ARE OSTENSIBLY THERE TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC WHICH INCLUDES SEX WORKERS


We have regulations here in Austria for that. But still there are Pimps and illegal Prostetuts, simply because they can make more Money by that Way. At the End of last Year, the Police arrested some African Guys, who forced Woman with Vodoo to do the Job. Classic Story beside that. "You will get a good Job in Europe", when they are here, the Papers get taken away and you have to deliver nearly every Cent that you earn to them.
It is just a little Percent who does this, but it looks like you can never get rid of this Problem totaly, because there is allways somebody who wants Money.

Wow. A woman, in a country with legal, regulated prostitution, getting protected from trafficking by the authorities?

Be careful. If you say this sort of stuff aloud TinT may cover her ears so hard that it might start hurting.


Another example: https://www.rt.com/news/427595-dutch-sex-trafficking-migrants/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valerie



Joined: 01 Apr 2013
Posts: 295

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: May 23, 2018: Better Programming 23 Reply with quote

Caimsen wrote:
Leohan wrote:
Caimsen wrote:
Chronometry wrote:


Okay, yes, pimps are bad. This we can agree on, Tat.

The answer to your question, Saph? Regulation. Laws. Removing the stigma against sex workers of all stripes so they don't feel threaTENED BY THE POLICE WHO ARE OSTENSIBLY THERE TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC WHICH INCLUDES SEX WORKERS


We have regulations here in Austria for that. But still there are Pimps and illegal Prostetuts, simply because they can make more Money by that Way. At the End of last Year, the Police arrested some African Guys, who forced Woman with Vodoo to do the Job. Classic Story beside that. "You will get a good Job in Europe", when they are here, the Papers get taken away and you have to deliver nearly every Cent that you earn to them.
It is just a little Percent who does this, but it looks like you can never get rid of this Problem totaly, because there is allways somebody who wants Money.

Wow. A woman, in a country with legal, regulated prostitution, getting protected from trafficking by the authorities?

Be careful. If you say this sort of stuff aloud TinT may cover her ears so hard that it might start hurting.


Yes. Thats Reality here in Austria. They have to get every 2 Weeks to a Woman Doctor (dont know if there is a word for a Doctor just for Woman) to check their if they are healthy.

Well, sounds like there would be a few other things out there what would shock her World in that Case. Very Happy

@werdnus: i will read it later. Want to know what they say.


If you mean a doctor who examines the reproductive organs of cis women, that’s called a “gynecologist.”
_________________
Men and patriarchy aren't interchangeable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caimsen



Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 783
Location: The good old World

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Miracle_Drakon: And thats not all. Over 5000 of them are missing in Germany. So we can guess it is just the Tip of the Iceberg. Sad

@Valerie: Thanks. So it is nearly the same like in german. Just that we have 2 Words for it. More or less. One is the Latinword for it and the other one is just Womans Doctor.

Cis. Why is this Word so important for you? I mean, if somebody is thinking she is a Man, but still has a female Body, she has to go to the Gynecologist too...

And why does it have mostly a negativ vibe? At least i mostly see it when it is used in a negativ Sentence. I wonder why it should be bad just to be who you are and that you dont question what you are.
I am just curios about it, because the last Time i asked somebody the same thing, i got answered that it is because they get so much negativ from "normal" People and i got blocked.
Maybe it was because i said that Gurren Laggan is a good Show and i cant really see why it is tocix and homophob. Who knows....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leohan



Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 1881

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caimsen wrote:
Cis. Why is this Word so important for you? I mean, if somebody is thinking she is a Man, but still has a female Body, she has to go to the Gynecologist too...

Cis women, pre-op trans men and post-op trans women. I wouldn't read too much into it, it might be the first thing that came to Valerie's mind.
_________________
Welcome to Sinfest, the only place with a 46 pages long thread about sentient toasters

Now featuring around 40 pages about non-sentient toasters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zilla



Joined: 08 Jun 2016
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, I don't know if post-op transwomen go to the gynecologist, since it's not functional. Pre-op transmen likely do, though.

It's easier to say they specialize in the uterus, IMO. Gender has a lot of weird stuff about it, where suddenly it matters what gender people are as to what terms we use? Like when it comes to orientation, we use words like "heterosexual" or "homosexual," where you have to know the person's gender in order to understand what they are attracted to. I prefer to think of it strictly in terms of who they like, so "femme-oriented," or "I like guys." Or something like that.

</ramble>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Leohan



Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 1881

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zilla wrote:
TBH, I don't know if post-op transwomen go to the gynecologist, since it's not functional. Pre-op transmen likely do, though.

I can't claim to know either, but I imagine they do. I mean, who else can help if something in there gets an infection? This is just me speculating though.
_________________
Welcome to Sinfest, the only place with a 46 pages long thread about sentient toasters

Now featuring around 40 pages about non-sentient toasters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group