Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open letter to Tatsuya Ishida
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all Cap'n Lazarus now, only hidden from view.

I'll sure miss this place when it's gone.
Cesario Rose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tatsuya Ishida wrote:
So you recognize the sex industry is inherently misogynistic and harmful and support the Nordic/abolitionist model?

I take it this is the qualifying factor to be on the short-list of people Tat and others want to be on their new forum.

I don't make the cut, then, as I disagree that it is inherently harmful born from an intense hatred of all Women. Sex work, I mean.

I do concede on the Nordic model, from what I saw on a website advocating this for the UK... as they say that the majority of sex workers were exploited in one method or another into the industry. I think there is enough proof from the various law enforcement agencies, both local, nationally, and international agencies, to support this assessment.

But just because that data suggests that the majority or victimized into the industry doesn't mean the industry is inherently harmful.

Now, if I may, I would define harmful as either long-lasting or acute psychological and/or physiological pain.

Rape can have life-long irreparable consequences for the victim, and, indeed, in some cases, notably "in the first world/" developed nations, for the perpetrator of this crime as well. (As an example of the harm; it's only one example out of dozens of situations.)

I would also argue there is a cost, in harm, to *some* situations of consensual intercourse between one or more peoples. It just takes one person in this situation to feel violated, even for a moment, to experience harm to some degree. I would describe this harm as acute, lasting, for some, seconds, for others years or more. But it is ultimately treatable and, I can guarantee as someone who has lived through domestic abuse, you can heal. And go on to live a healthy productive life and enjoy relationships again.

There is a great deal of harm, or pain, in any degree, in this world. There is without a doubt such immense suffering that exists, and has existed for millions of years. But we have reached a point in our existence that so much of that can be healed with enough raw medical science and understanding of the Human Psychological condition.

The proposition that if you are a sex worker - you are a sex worker for LIFE. That it amounts to a death sentence isn't an accurate depiction of reality. And likewise, if you are a victim of sexual violence - you are a victim for the rest of your life.

It can get better; people are resilient creatures. We are able to heal wounds of great suffering. It takes time, it takes removal from that environment, and most of all, it takes force of will to endure and to heal. In many cases, with the help of trained health practitioners.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.
Inganni

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe a perspective from the inside. sex worker here! don't support the nordic model at all.

(also to those that saw before the edit, cough, I feel very stupid. sorry.)
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:

and yeah, i would miss a lot of you if i couldn't talk to you here.

Maybe a Facebook group one could join, in case this place goes away?
Leohan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChastMastr wrote:
mouse wrote:

and yeah, i would miss a lot of you if i couldn't talk to you here.

Maybe a Facebook group one could join, in case this place goes away?

Not as many people have Discord as they do Facebook, but I do recommend it. It is a very good tool for building a community.

With that said

https://discord.gg/AVbh5xA

Now featuring around 40 pages about non-sentient toasters
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it a bit too soon to blow our collective noses, hug one another for the last time, and sing a last song like we're on the Titanic?

I do not like the vibe I'm getting from the new board. That said, it's a bit early to say where it'll be heading to and way too early to wave this one goodbye.
HKVeteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't planning on leaving, and I agree it's starting to feel a bit like a funeral.

With that said I was still planning on posting on the new forum.
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be argued that there's a level of fear about this forum blowing away into dust shortly. Why keep it up, with the actual forum elsewhere?
Adyon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatsuya wrote:
Hi everybody.

My priority here in the opening days of this forum is to establish a community that takes a strong stance against the sexual exploitation industries. And to foster an environment that's friendly to radical feminists and people who want to learn about radical feminism.

If I determine you're not here in good faith, that you're here to undermine these goals, I will deactivate your account.

There is a whole other forum for you to participate in. Please go there.

Thank you.

Seems Tat posted this up in the other forum. Looks like at least these forums aren't going anywhere. Just an additional forum. (for now at least)
Argus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody Important wrote:
To be honest I'm mostly here for the community.

Thank you, Nobody Important!
Just popping in to say that out of the several webcomics I follow, this is the only one where I've joined the forum, just because it gets so interesting to read.
(And occasionally write. Hence the joining.) Smile
PS: Been following the forum closely for the past few days.

Another PS: Oh, yes. Makes for interesting SOCIOLOGY! *thunder crack*
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HKVeteran wrote:
I wasn't planning on leaving, and I agree it's starting to feel a bit like a funeral.

With that said I was still planning on posting on the new forum.

why tho (genuine question)
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
tatsuya's accommodations and his interjection were precisely on behalf of the forum's two most notorious and noteworthy TERFs, and comes with a complete lack of concern at their trans exclusionary rhetoric, so with the available data (which is always limited) it's easy to presume right now that they'll probably be permitted to say many trans exclusionary things in the other forum.

Hey guess what happened
0z79

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Sam wrote:
tatsuya's accommodations and his interjection were precisely on behalf of the forum's two most notorious and noteworthy TERFs, and comes with a complete lack of concern at their trans exclusionary rhetoric, so with the available data (which is always limited) it's easy to presume right now that they'll probably be permitted to say many trans exclusionary things in the other forum.

Hey guess what happened

"Hey guys, are trans women allowed to join in the struggle?"
*long, LONG post about how trans women aren't women*
"No... I mean, are we welcome? Yes or no."
"HOW DARE YOU MAKE DEMANDS OF ME!! You're THE PATRIARCHY!"
"But... I just want to help you guys."

*admin* "You said something several months ago which I don't agree with. Please get out of this forum."

Then they say "Well, that's really not fair", then someone else goes on the attack, to kick them while their down... stomping on them while saying "STOP OPPRESSING ME!!"

....something like that?
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah That's pretty much how it went down.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume he's referring to the "Radfem memes" thread over there. Because sweet and salty christ those posts...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: