Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WRT All that information I hoarded

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: WRT All that information I hoarded Reply with quote

hi everyone. long time no see! so with no fanfare i stopped reading the comic months ago, hence my absence. but i recently decided to delete the blog i was using to host all those charts and references i made to help other readers keep track of characters in the comic. i havent checked the main site so i don't know if since i stopped reading tat's ever made a new character page, rendering this a pointless endeaver. but i felt bad about deleting something that might still be helpful without backing it up for you guys. so while i don't actually know if anyone wants it or needs it anymore... i'm making a brief return to provide backups, for exactly that reason. and hopefully, posting the links in this thread will make it easier to keep track of than when the links were in my signature.

obviously does not include any new characters, flashbacks, day in the life strips, or terminology, from the past three months. character chart will not include characters that appeared prior to then that had not yet become recurring enough to earn a spot. character chart also will no longer host religious, historical, and political figures that tat did not create himself. and... no longer listing all the brief one-shot characters that haven't been brought back to relevance in some way, either. with exception to sleaze's creator ... for hopefully obvious reasons.

do whatever you want with this information. make revisions in some manner as you see fit, create a wiki with the info, post replies in the thread with relevant updates that i wouldn't be making myself, or whatever you can think of, i don't know. but i'm not keeping track of it anymore.
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, M! Nice to see you again and thanks for the links.

Now featuring around 40 pages about non-sentient toasters
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi leohan! i hope yall have been doing well. despite tat being, uh, like that

... i forgot to include "roxanne" (she was in the section i didnt copy-paste. idk if tat ever gave her a canon name) and also im a hypocritical dummy cuz i included lilith and d-man despite saying i wasnt including religious figures. i posted those as a guest so i cant edit, whoops.

and ... before its deleted from my drafts... the original version of a very specific strip.
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Squigley "Squig" Fatwater" Wait, where did this surname come from?

Also, while I don't know the reason for you to remove historical or religious figures from the list, Sinfest's Devil is prominent and developed enough for its place in the list to be informative, I'd say.

Now featuring around 40 pages about non-sentient toasters
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i included dates to strips so that they could be looked up, in the case of last names they'll be located after a characters name on the character chart. squigs being 2004-09-18. originally i wanted to include the dates to demonique and sleazes introduction strips but i didnt have them written down anywhere and i kinda didn't wanna go looking for them. c'est la vie!

i just figured, a whole lot of them stopped appearing regularly, or werent as developed as others, or had one appearance, and like.... tat didnt exactly CREATE them, so it felt kind of redundant, i dunno. just me, i guess.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Miss Magenta! It's really nice to see you again. How have you been doing lately?
HKVeteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Miss M! Good to see you.
Onimaru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you again Miss M, and if this is my only chance to do so, I wish you the best and Goodbye... As well the same to many other people who made the Forums feel like a Community over these last few years, I've learned so much here, and feel I've become a better person, with help from everyone here, along side the things I learned from Sinfest itself.

But now it's become the very thing it taught me to fight against, a bastion of oppression and hate, belittling the struggles of others not as 'Right' or 'Righteous', Hypocritical and disgusting. I doubt I'll be returning much myself from here on out.

To all those that have been friends, patient in their discussions, or even given me a much needed kick in the pants, I thank you for the great years.... So long.
Caimsen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you again Ms .M

So that means all the nice little Avatars are gone. Well, at least you let us have the rest. Thank you very much.
Hope you are fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: