welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should we have a poll for mods?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

To mod or not to mod?
yes
23%
 23%  [ 23 ]
no
40%
 40%  [ 39 ]
whatever
35%
 35%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 96

The Victim Here

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A forum started up by an old 'fester who left the main board. It was visited by oldies and some not-quite-so-oldies, and it was quite quiet for a while. I used to post there.
Then there was a flood of new people, which made me want to leave. Not because they were new, but rather because they sacred me.

Bodhisattva

Location: Currently Chicago, but variable in the near future.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Victim Here wrote:
A forum started up by an old 'fester who left the main board. It was visited by oldies and some not-quite-so-oldies, and it was quite quiet for a while. I used to post there.
Then there was a flood of new people, which made me want to leave. Not because they were new, but rather because they sacred me.

They made you feel holy?
* Proud adopter of the former newbies Lasairfiona, bottm_angel and trustedfaith.
dazedb42

cheers for that.
Major Tom

The Victim Here wrote:
Not because they were new, but rather because they sacred me.

...as in worshipped?

firghtening
Kilgore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say no to mods. I liked the self regulating anarchy of the old boards, and I'd hate to see it stifled.

-Slick
Snorri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for me.

eureka00

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrmmmm it's a really tough decison. The Sinfest forum was always famous for not being moderated. It would be strange to see it moderated, and it would almost seem to go against everything it is and was. Sure the occasional troll was annoying, but it was fun getting rid of them in our own way without divine intervention. I dunno, I think any mod of a Sinfest forum would get a lot of crap dumped on them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sklent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sam would be a fine mod. Not because he'd whip this place into shape, but because he'd probably only act when strictly necessary. He's part of the forum spirit, and I don't think he'd ever betray that with some dipshit rule like "no swearing". I just don't want to have to frantically jab my Page Down key every time I see a guy on a fuckball or whatever.
Karui_Kage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of who would make a fine mod and who would not, I think it should just say modless. That's just the way it's always been, and I'd hate to see that changed. Stuff may get cleaned up with a mod, but too much may get cleaned as well, if that makes sense.

Sometimes the lack of the mod was the best part about the forum. Smile
Sklent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum wasn't entirely without moderation---Gav would come in every now and then and get rid of spam and the like. I think Sam could emulate the hands-off approach, only be a little quicker about it.

Also, your resemblance to Tucker Carlson is making my blood boil. No offense to you, really, I just despise the man.
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a mod before. In fact, I'm still a global moderator on the largest forum in existance.

Even as a mod, I have remained perpetually terrified of how sucktacular moderation is in most cases. Sinfest was cool because it was completely libertine.

EXCEPT

Crapflooding and blatant trolling. Crapflooding makes a remote nth degree of moderation reccomendable.

If I became a mod, I'd just use the little buttons to make sure that people like tatyana wouldn't last a day coming in here to shit up Tatsuya's forums. I'd also probably lock necro'd threads. That'd be about it, really.

AM I NOT MERCIFUL????

THE ANSWER IS YES IF YOU VOTE FOR SAMMODUS
Karui_Kage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sklent wrote:
The forum wasn't entirely without moderation---Gav would come in every now and then and get rid of spam and the like. I think Sam could emulate the hands-off approach, only be a little quicker about it.

Also, your resemblance to Tucker Carlson is making my blood boil. No offense to you, really, I just despise the man.

I dunno. I remember so few times that Gav did come in, I can count them on one hand during the six years I've been around (give or take).

I just liked being able to see trolls pop up, without mods around. It made their goings so much more memorable when someone couldn't press a magical kill button. That just seems to take all the fun out of it.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I VOTE SAM 2006!
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karui_Kage wrote:
I just liked being able to see trolls pop up, without mods around. It made their goings so much more memorable when someone couldn't press a magical kill button. That just seems to take all the fun out of it.

While I admit that there is some fun in watching troll burnout, I'm a little iffy as to whether or not it is worth having to scroll through multiple image posts put in every thread which are mostly of women getting boned or shooting milky substances out of their anuses.

And I'm sure that it's one thing if it's all in a thread titled "THIS IS THE THREAD FOR MILKY ANAL EXCRETINGS AND WOMEN GETTING BONED, SOME OBESE" but the crossposting and crapflooding is specifically for the purpose of attention whoring and bein' mean and it just makes the forum not worth viewing for a time. It took over half a year to recover from wull0w! Mega-trolling tends to enervate a forum community.
Sklent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karui_Kage wrote:
Sklent wrote:

I dunno. I remember so few times that Gav did come in, I can count them on one hand during the six years I've been around (give or take).

And hopefully, that's all Sam will have to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Forum Guidelines All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: