welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

constant drug references and innuendos in PEE WEES PLAYHOUSE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
I hope people are just joking when they act surprised about drug refrences in a show that features talking furniture.

... Y'know, just sayin'.

Touché.

THE SECRET WORD IS: TRIP
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I still have my PeeWee lunchbox and thermos set somewhere.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guy and I have been discussing what kind of drugs Paul Reuben was on. I say Acid, he says PCP. Any other suggestions?

The stop motion is really cool though. What the hell was he thinking when he went into a XXX theater as well as collecting art of undressed minors?

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
My guy and I have been discussing what kind of drugs Paul Reuben was on. I say Acid, he says PCP. Any other suggestions?

The stop motion is really cool though. What the hell was he thinking when he went into a XXX theater as well as collecting art of undressed minors?

um...didn't you see Blow? hint: he's the hair dresser Wink

Nothing beats the tranformation over the years of one star from the show from this

to this

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
OriginalCrazyone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Zombie was a production assistant on the show.

[quote=wiki]Many now-well-known TV and film actors received their major breaks on the show, including Phil Hartman, as Captain Carl; Laurence Fishburne, as Cowboy Curtis; Jimmy Smits, as "your authorized Conky repairman"; Lynne Stewart as "the most beautiful woman in Puppetland," Miss Yvonne; S. Epatha Merkerson, as Reba the Mail Lady; Natasha Lyonne as one of the children, Opal; Steve James as Derek, Reba's one-time boyfriend; and Sandra Bernhard as Rhonda the Picturephone Operator.

Other major human characters include the King of Cartoons (played by Gilbert Lewis season one and William Marshall all subsequent seasons), Tito the Playhouse Lifeguard (played by Roland Rodriguez) season one, and Mrs. Rene (played by Suzanne Kent). Among the other characters, John Paragon played Jambi the Genie and voiced Pterri the Pterrodactyl; Ric Heitzman voiced Mr. Window; Kevin Carlson voiced Clocky, Conky, and Floory; George McGrath voiced Globey; Alison Mork voiced Chairry, Chicky Baby, and the Magic Screen; Anna Seidman voiced Penny; and Wayne White voiced Dirty Dog, Mr. Kite, and Randy the Bully. Ric Heitzman, George McGrath, and Wayne White all voiced the fish and flowers. Rob Zombie was a part of the Production Staff

The music for the show was provided by artists including Mark Mothersbaugh, The Residents,Todd Rundgren, Danny Elfman, Mitchell Froom, Van Dyke Parks, George Clinton and Dweezil Zappa.[/quote]

In its entire run, the show won 22 Emmys as well as other awards.

"I'm just trying to illustrate that it's okay to be different—not that it's good, not that it's bad, but that it's all right. I'm trying to tell kids to have a good time and to encourage them to be creative and to question things," Reubens told an interviewer in Rolling Stone.

with the people involved, no wonder the show is the way it is Very Happy

-OcO-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Just_A_Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In 1991, a year after production wrapped on the final season of "Playhouse," Reubens was arrested in Florida for indecent exposure.

Dusty: I'm guessing you were unaware of this incident. But now does it really surprise you that there could be drug references or innuendos in Pee Wee's Play House?

Darqcyde: Oh. Fear. O_o Never have I been so afraid of Laurence Fishburne.
Dusty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the public exposure thing was masturbating in a public theater.

and in todays episode he made a salad with mushrooms.

AND WTF COWBOY CURTIS?!?!?!?!
Amethyst Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who remembers the original 1-2 hour comedy special the show eventually came from?

Am I the only one who remembers that that original show was rated R and most deffinitely NOT FOR KIDS?

I never understood who watched that show and thought it would make a good kid's show. It worked out pretty well but dear lord the original was ranchy perverted and absolutely hillarious.
Krazy Stixx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up watching PeeWee's Playhouse and Ren&Stimpy.

...and now, years later, I get trashed and watch them again.

Hmmm...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: