welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

so i gots a question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Natashabi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then it's changed since the last time I took it, about a year and a half ago.

Although I bet that's the only thing that has changed. I'd bet the questions are the same.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tickle is not that great, to my knowledge. I always get 140+ on it. I just tried the one at www.iqtest.com and it seemed a bit better, though a bit more limited in types of intelligence. They measure IQ on a bell curve, though, relative to everyone else who has taken the test, which is a good way of doing it. I got 133, along with 2.3% of everyone else who has taken the test, so I'm gifted, but not a genius.
Interesting things, IQ tests, good for boosting ego sometimes, and moreover for challenging the brain a bit. Not terribly meaningful, though, even the official ones.
Natashabi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. I just took the Tickle test... It's terrible. I've never seen so many DUH questions in my entire life. Additionally, it is the same test I remember taking over a year ago.

And yes, they tell you your "IQ" but they don't tell you the other stuff, which is interesting and important.

And yeah, IQ tests, unless you're an elitest ass, don't really mean much.

A lot of the people I know who have scored really highly on IQ tests have little or no common sense, which I think is pretty important.
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mensa.org/contact.php?action=show

if you seriously want to know, get in touch with Mensa.
bun bun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natashabi wrote:
You want a double digit IQ?

Descriptive Classifications of Intelligence Quotients

IQ Description % of Population
130+ Very superior 2.2%
120-129 Superior 6.7%
110-119 High average 16.1%
90-109 Average 50%
80-89 Low average 16.1%
70-79 Borderline 6.7%
Below 70 Extremely low 2.2%

A double digit IQ would just barely make you average.Edited

according to your own stats, a double-digit IQ isn't necessarily average... remember, double digits is anything from 10 on up...

i seem to remember anything below 40 counting as (to paraphrase), unable to perform basic functions, like eating, by oneself.
Drui

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 152 and decided I didn't believe in IQ tests. =P

But as for pneumothorax...
A collapsed lung is not fun. Your lungs work on the principle of nature abhorring a vacuum. Your lungs are in a sort of bag attached to the insides of your ribs. When you breathe in, the action you are actually doing is expanding your rib cage. This makes the "bag" bigger, and therefore pulls your lung out and makes it bigger... Therefore sucking air into your body from the atmosphere.
So if the bag is "popped," that destroys the vacuum, letting fluid into the bag. That's what the white stuff you see in the right lung in the radiograph is. When there is no longer a vacuum, there is nothing to pull the lung out, so the lung smooshes in on itself. And therefore, you can't use it anymore. Considering the volume of air your body needs just to function at rest, it is a bad thing to have only one functioning lung. =P

Last edited by Drui on Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Natashabi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me for being unclear...

I meant that the highest possible result from having a two digit IQ is being average.

Wikipedia

IQ score ranges (from DSM-IV):

* mild mental retardation: IQ 5055 to 70; children require mild support; formally called "Educable Mentally Retarded".
* moderate retardation: IQ 3540 to 5055; children require moderate supervision and assistance; formally called "Trainable Mentally Retarded".
* severe mental retardation: IQ 2025 to 3540; can be taught basic life skills and simple tasks with supervision.
* profound mental retardation: IQ below 2025; usually caused by a neurological condition; require constant care.
bun bun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natashabi wrote:
Excuse me for being unclear...

I meant that the highest possible result from having a two digit IQ is being average.

Wikipedia

IQ score ranges (from DSM-IV):

* mild mental retardation: IQ 5055 to 70; children require mild support; formally called "Educable Mentally Retarded".
* moderate retardation: IQ 3540 to 5055; children require moderate supervision and assistance; formally called "Trainable Mentally Retarded".
* severe mental retardation: IQ 2025 to 3540; can be taught basic life skills and simple tasks with supervision.
* profound mental retardation: IQ below 2025; usually caused by a neurological condition; require constant care.

i stand corrected Very Happy
PsycoMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drui wrote:

A collapsed lung is not fun.

the collapsed lung itself wasnt actually bad..other than the heavy breathing and dizziness and weakness kinda..what was bad was the way they fixed it Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: