welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2/7/07 - feminine conspiracy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot see a lollipop without thinking of Kung-Fu Hustle.

By God it is such a brilliant movie. Kung-fu movies that are parodies of kung-fu movies while also being brilliant kung-fu movies shouldn't have the ability to reduce me to tears.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Thou Conquerest, Sojobo! Thou Conquerest! Reply with quote

melissa1 wrote:
this half-wit wonders if you're the type that laughs at your own jokes too. Wink

Unceasingly.

Actually, I'm pretty pleased with "half-wheat" in particular, because of the bright future it has in store for it.

You see, MellowFish will find himself amazed next week, when his Bible Study is studying coincidencequestionmarkquestionmark Luke 3.

At some point, that one girl, I don't know her name, but she carries around that Serendipity Bible, will say, "Well, the first thing that comes to mind for me is to ask myself if I'm chaff or wheat."

MellowFish's chuckle will be lost amid the chorus of "ooh"s and "well said"s, and he'll be helpless to stop himself from remarking: "Well, actually most of the time I feel like a half-wheat."

SELF-DEPRECATING HUMOUR GOES OVER VERY WELL IN BIBLE STUDIES.

And my carefully engineered memetic virus will spread, Campus Ministers to Youth Ministers, Youth Ministers to Pastors (Brothers and sisters, do you really want to go through life as a half-wheat?), Pastors to the laity, until the mouths of the entire Christian world are speaking words I put there.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh-oh, someone's drunk on their own sense of power again!
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: MANXCORXE Reply with quote

One time i argued with this dude over the internet sooooo hard

i'm mancore
Twister87

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: MANXCORXE Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
One time i argued with this dude over the internet sooooo hard

i'm mancore

NO UR NOT LOLOL!!1!!1!
rm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when do we get back to the ass imagery?
MellowFish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Thou Conquerest, Sojobo! Thou Conquerest! Reply with quote

Sojobo wrote:
melissa1 wrote:
this half-wit wonders if you're the type that laughs at your own jokes too. Wink

Unceasingly.

Actually, I'm pretty pleased with "half-wheat" in particular, because of the bright future it has in store for it.

You see, MellowFish will find himself amazed next week, when his Bible Study is studying coincidencequestionmarkquestionmark Luke 3.

At some point, that one girl, I don't know her name, but she carries around that Serendipity Bible, will say, "Well, the first thing that comes to mind for me is to ask myself if I'm chaff or wheat."

MellowFish's chuckle will be lost amid the chorus of "ooh"s and "well said"s, and he'll be helpless to stop himself from remarking: "Well, actually most of the time I feel like a half-wheat."

SELF-DEPRECATING HUMOUR GOES OVER VERY WELL IN BIBLE STUDIES.

And my carefully engineered memetic virus will spread, Campus Ministers to Youth Ministers, Youth Ministers to Pastors (Brothers and sisters, do you really want to go through life as a half-wheat?), Pastors to the laity, until the mouths of the entire Christian world are speaking words I put there.

Unfortunately both my church and my unrelated bible study are going through Mathew. But I will keep your comment in mind the next time I'm in Luke. I have to say that half-wheat is witty but not applicable. It just wont catch on in the christian community. The reason is wheat and chaff like sheep and goats are meant to be mutually exclusive and it would ruin the message to talk about half wheat.

Nevertheless, very amusing, and now I have multiple intermpretations of the quote and am satisfied. Completely unrelated: this evil sisterhood has reminded me that I always wanted to investigate the LDS church and find out exactly what their beliefs are.
MsFrisby

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does "feminine conspiracy" bring to mind the mormon church?
Keign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsFrisby wrote:

Why does "feminine conspiracy" bring to mind the mormon church?

... dunno. I really thought about it, too, but I just don't know. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MellowFish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infiltration. the enemy. take your pick.
Fnorder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, there's nothing like picking a group you admit you really know nothing about, and call them "The Enemy".

Goes well with your new av, mate.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
Unfortunately both my church and my unrelated bible study are going through Mathew. But I will keep your comment in mind the next time I'm in Luke.

Oh, it's there in Matthew, too. Chapter 3, verse 12.

MellowFish wrote:
I have to say that half-wheat is witty but not applicable. It just wont catch on in the christian community.

I had something mean to say here about your exclusionism, but have tamed it to: I suspect your definition of "christian community" is quite a bit narrower than mine.

MellowFish wrote:
The reason is wheat and chaff like sheep and goats are meant to be mutually exclusive and it would ruin the message to talk about half wheat.

I agree.

Except... this verse comes immediately after Mr. Baptist exhorts people to "Produce fruit in keeping with repentance," and by the crowd asking, "What should we do then?"

While the the chaff/wheat imagery is definitely yes-no, the section as a whole is discussing repentant behaviour. And when you're talking practical application like that, you can certainly be sometimes behaving like wheat, and sometimes like chaff.

Plus it's funny. Rigid conceptual agreement with already accepted metaphors is not the only way phrases catch on.

MellowFish wrote:
Nevertheless, very amusing, and now I have multiple intermpretations of the quote and am satisfied.

Multiple interpretations? I'm pretty sure I'd interpret the isolated line in exactly the same way as you.

MellowFish wrote:
Completely unrelated: this evil sisterhood has reminded me that I always wanted to investigate the LDS church and find out exactly what their beliefs are.

*rubs temples*

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*rubs temples*???

diminutive as it is RUBBING YOUR MANHOOD against SACRED HOUSES?
dude!

MASTURBATING ON THE LAWN OF GOD?

WHAT WILL THE LAMB EAT?
WHAT WILL THE LAMB EAT?

someone has to clean that up you know
donut3point5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sojobo wrote:
MellowFish wrote:
Unfortunately both my church and my unrelated bible study are going through Mathew. But I will keep your comment in mind the next time I'm in Luke.

Oh, it's there in Matthew, too. Chapter 3, verse 12.

MellowFish wrote:
I have to say that half-wheat is witty but not applicable. It just wont catch on in the christian community.

I had something mean to say here about your exclusionism, but have tamed it to: I suspect your definition of "christian community" is quite a bit narrower than mine.

MellowFish wrote:
The reason is wheat and chaff like sheep and goats are meant to be mutually exclusive and it would ruin the message to talk about half wheat.

I agree.

Except... this verse comes immediately after Mr. Baptist exhorts people to "Produce fruit in keeping with repentance," and by the crowd asking, "What should we do then?"

While the the chaff/wheat imagery is definitely yes-no, the section as a whole is discussing repentant behaviour. And when you're talking practical application like that, you can certainly be sometimes behaving like wheat, and sometimes like chaff.

Plus it's funny. Rigid conceptual agreement with already accepted metaphors is not the only way phrases catch on.

MellowFish wrote:
Nevertheless, very amusing, and now I have multiple intermpretations of the quote and am satisfied.

Multiple interpretations? I'm pretty sure I'd interpret the isolated line in exactly the same way as you.

MellowFish wrote:
Completely unrelated: this evil sisterhood has reminded me that I always wanted to investigate the LDS church and find out exactly what their beliefs are.

*rubs temples*

Here we go again...
Sojobo v. Mellowfish
It's classic.
--donut3.5--
Major Tom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Thou Conquerest, Sojobo! Thou Conquerest! Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
Unfortunately both my church and my unrelated bible study are going through Mathew. But I will keep your comment in mind the next time I'm in Luke. I have to say that half-wheat is witty but not applicable. It just wont catch on in the christian community. The reason is wheat and chaff like sheep and goats are meant to be mutually exclusive and it would ruin the message to talk about half wheat.

i think i once indelibly linked your self with my understanding of the term arrogance. in fact, i know i did; i mean, i think i stated it once.

here it is again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: