welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WhupTour '06
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhupAs101

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would like to reccomend something... get a video camera and a digital camera, make a documentary of your travels and then sell it to TLC or Discovery afterwards (if it lasts for a month or more, call it the $20 journey or something) to make back the money from the trip... it sounds like it would be an awesome ride and quite an experience that many people would love to share, if you are willing to share your experiences... or at least share it with your friends here....

Yeah, I was actually planning on starting a livejournal or something to keep track of my trip. I'm hoping I can find enough wi fi places to update it regularly. I just bought a fairly nice camera, so that's definitely in the plan. I doubt I'll have anything worth selling though,...
Quote:
Get a pistol. I recommend a large-frame S&W .357 Magnum.

I have some hardware, but I decided not to bring it with me. Gun laws change state to state and it's just not worth the trouble. Not happy about it really, but just seems like the right thing to do Confused
Quote:
What kind of stuff are you interested in? I could recommend a boatload to you, but they'd all be nature things, and I don't know if you're into that.

Absolutely. I'm not a big city kinda guy, so the more cool stuff I can be part of that doesn't involve one way streets and traffic jams the happier I am.

And bagels and bannanas actually sound like a good idea. I'll haveta keep that in mind. Not big on bolognae anyway Razz
Drui

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhupAs101 wrote:
Absolutely. I'm not a big city kinda guy, so the more cool stuff I can be part of that doesn't involve one way streets and traffic jams the happier I am.

I highly recommend bypassing Las Vegas, then, and checking out Red Rock Canyon. The rocks out in the desert are amazing, man...
Eddie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryce and Zion Parks in Utah are neat.
Drui

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie wrote:
Bryce and Zion Parks in Utah are neat.

Absolutely... We headed out that way too when we were doing out Wild West circuit a few years ago.
Death Valley was badass. Definitely check out Ubehebe Crater, it was incredible. Like stepping into an oven, and the wind was so strong you could lean into it without falling over...
Flion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drui wrote:
WhupAs101 wrote:

I highly recommend bypassing Las Vegas, then, and checking out Red Rock Canyon. The rocks out in the desert are amazing, man...

I think she means Sedona, AZ, and she's right. Take 89A South from Flagstaff to drive right through the canyon. Spend some time in Sedona looking at the galleries and such. Then head for the Grand Canyon.
Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you ever stop by austin gimme a ring, we'll go have a drink or two.

there may be rape of the posterior, either from you or to you, just a little FYI.
WhupAs101

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
Absolutely... We headed out that way too when we were doing out Wild West circuit a few years ago.
Death Valley was badass. Definitely check out Ubehebe Crater, it was incredible. Like stepping into an oven, and the wind was so strong you could lean into it without falling over...

Quote:
I think she means Sedona, AZ, and she's right. Take 89A South from Flagstaff to drive right through the canyon. Spend some time in Sedona looking at the galleries and such. Then head for the Grand Canyon.

Quote:
rape of the posterior

I am sold on all of those.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mytton wrote:
Get a pistol. I recommend a large-frame S&W .357 Magnum.

Jesus, you're fucking insane.
ElDingo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny's not even old enough to buy a pistol.
John Mytton

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flion wrote:
Drui wrote:
WhupAs101 wrote:

Sedona is beautiful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: