welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soggy Nachos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That all depends on who made them, good homemade nachos use real melted cheese, and beef.

Mmmmmmm. Nachos...
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkSpider43 wrote:
I thought everyone ate nachos like that...

Same here. It's REAL good with added stuff like tomatoes and peppers and gaucamole and refried beans. YUM!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

salsa. salsa is definitely a good addition. as is guacamole and sour cream. then you have that whole hot/cold, crispy/creamy thing, with the juiciness of the salsa....

and yes, homemade, with _real_ cheese.
mrparn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation, mouse. ^^

The nacho part was easy; it was the soggy part that confused me. I must try it someday. I will. Unfortunately, Tex Mex cuisine is usually expensive for me. Better start saving now. =]
Fnorder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
That all depends on who made them, good homemade nachos use real melted cheese, and beef.

Mmmmmmm. Nachos...

Homemade... Do you make the tortilla chips by yourself too? If yes, could you share the recipe? If not, could you post your favourite sauce recipe?

I like experimenting in the kitchen. A lot Twisted Evil
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother making tortilla chips. It is waaaay easier to buy them at the store and they taste just as good. In TX, a lot of the grocery stores would have "deli" chips that they made often. You could easily go to the store and get a bag of warm, restraunt style tortilla chips. Yummy!

Salsa from scratch can't be that bad to make but I have never tried it. I do make guacamole from scratch. Fresh avacados FTW!

And I like nachos with beans and cheese so soggy happens quite a bit. I like the cheese melting and the chips fairly crisp though. However, I eat a lot of foods oddly. I will roll a cheeto between my fingers so I get a lot of the cheese off before I eat the crisp. When I have enough built up cheese, I eat it and start again.

Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
I will roll a cheeto between my fingers so I get a lot of the cheese off before I eat the crisp. When I have enough built up cheese, I eat it and start again.

I couldn't help but start to giggle because I instantly imagined you seducing people by licking the cheese off your fingers.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiona's got the right of it, just get the chips from the store. Making them is hell, I say this as a person who could set a glass of water on fire though so take from it what you may.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chips are not actually that hard, if you go for baking them - just cut some tortillas in wedges, stick them in a 400 deg. oven for a few minutes, et voila!

if you really want to go the whole hand-made way, alton brown did a show - even included making chips.

and salsa is dead easy - just takes a lot of chopping. you could do it in a food processor, but you have to be careful not to puree it.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Lasairfiona wrote:
I will roll a cheeto between my fingers so I get a lot of the cheese off before I eat the crisp. When I have enough built up cheese, I eat it and start again.

I couldn't help but start to giggle because I instantly imagined you seducing people by licking the cheese off your fingers.

But it happens! You are just quietly eating cheetos and all of a sudden guys are throwing themselves down in front of you. It is kind of disconcerting.

... I want cheetos now.

And <3s to Alton Brown. I may give that a shot since no stores around here make tortilla chips. Which makes me very sad.

Oh, if you can't find any ripe avacados (and sometimes you can't), the stuff in a bag isn't so bad. They are a bit bland but extra spice makes up for that. Nothing beats fresh though.

Fnorder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks, now I'll go and demolish my kitchen Twisted Evil

The last time I did guacamole... Yeah I managed, but it required lots of cleaning up Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: