welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holy Rejection 3-1-07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YenTheFirst

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think somewhere is some previous thread, there was a comment about every post actually being an entry in a [secret] contest to win the internets.

shooting people -> bad points on your entry.
monty python reference -> good points.
Secret

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to invite hazing on yourself? You're only slipping away because you came in quietly, you know.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you're running a contest, Secret?

Why didn't anyone tell me?

Does the hug mean I'm winning?

Or was it the opening move to getting me arrested for inappropriate involvement with a minor?

That would probably mean I'm not winning.

"I'm sorry, officer, I didn't realize he was clad only in fire and a light syrup of marzipan, amontillado, and semen. Next time I'll be more careful."

"NOT THAT I'M PLANNING A NEXT TIME."
I'm No Celebrity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sojobo wrote:
That suggests that either: "lobotimizing and hunting fat people, LOLZ" is the very best you've got, or that your taste in funny is, well, I'll go ahead and reuse the phrase, "brutally moronic."

And your whining about overreaction is pathetic. It's not like I invited you to choke on your own bloody, maggoty felch or anything... although now you should feel free to consider yourself so invited.

Well, as to the first, I see humor in a lot of strange and inappropriate places. There's not a lot I take very seriously, so I guess that opens me up to saying some things that might get me evaluated as a complete tool. But I'm not, and the joke was intended as just that, a joke. Not everything that escapes me is a comedic gem, but I think it's amusing.

And to the latter, well, I thought it was an overreaction, but I didn't detect much of a whine in my tone. As I said, it was just a joke, not a banner of what I actually believe the universal policy for "dealing" with fat people should be. And an invitation such as the one described above would have been much easier to deal with, since it's just out and out bitchiness and would have made the comment easy to ignore.

Anyhow...I will be doing no felch-choking. That sounds viciously unpleasant.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm No Celebrity wrote:
Well, as to the first, I see humor in a lot of strange and inappropriate places. There's not a lot I take very seriously, so I guess that opens me up to saying some things that might get me evaluated as a complete tool. But I'm not, and the joke was intended as just that, a joke. Not everything that escapes me is a comedic gem, but I think it's amusing.

I understand that it was a joke.

It was a brutally moronic joke.

Being a joke doesn't mean it isn't fucking stupid.

And trying to hide behind a "strange" sense of humour is total bullshit. I'm not reacting because your joke is "strange," but because it's fucking brutally moronic.

The misunderstandings here are yours.
I'm No Celebrity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, chill out. I think it's funny. You don't. Fantastically enough, that's no reason for a fight or even for any sort of unpleasantness. Repeating that I am a fucking brutally moronic person with a fucking brutally moronic sense of humor that told a fucking brutally moronic joke won't do anything but convince me that you have an attitude problem. I understand perfectly that you think I'm a jackass, but what do you expect me to do? Apologize for something that I think is funny and harmless? No, dude. This is nothing more than a difference of opinion.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm No Celebrity wrote:
Dude, chill out.

Oh, I'm chill. No need for you to worry your pretty little head on that front.

I'm No Celebrity wrote:
I think it's funny. You don't.

You are misrepresenting my position. It is not merely that I think the scenario you described is unfunny, it's that I think it's... well, you'll totally get a kick out of this, I'm sure, brutally moronic.

I'm No Celebrity wrote:
Fantastically enough, that's no reason for a fight or even for any sort of unpleasantness.

Fight? If there's a fight happening now, it's a result of your "it was just a joke and therefore you don't get to comment on how brutally moronic it was," which is a total wanker position. And untrue. Because I do get to comment on how brutally moronic it was.

I'm No Celebrity wrote:
I am a fucking brutally moronic person with a fucking brutally moronic sense of humor that told a fucking brutally moronic joke

lolz

I'm No Celebrity wrote:
won't do anything but convince me that you have an attitude problem.

I'm not sure what gave you the impression that I care what the fuck opinion you have of me, but I'll go ahead and let you know right now that I really, really don't.

I'm No Celebrity wrote:
what do you expect me to do?

I expect you to continue spreading your vast numbers of offal posts all around the forum until you reach somewhere around six hundred or so, when it'll finally start sinking in that in each of those threads, the flow of conversation slips quietly around your inanity, taking absolutely no notice. I admit I don't know what to expect after that. Maybe you'll be sad, and leave, and the uncomfortable memories of you will fade in time. Maybe you'll be angry, and redouble your effort, though you'll have forgotten quite what that effort is aimed towards. Maybe you'll take a look at yourself and make a change, and the world will be a better place for it.

I'm No Celebrity wrote:
I am a fucking brutally moronic person with a fucking brutally moronic sense of humor that told a fucking brutally moronic joke

lolz
I'm No Celebrity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, dude. All right. I understand. Guess you're the big man in this situation after all. I mean, flawless and free of stupidity and human fallacy as you yourself are, you have the impeccable right to judge, so...go on, dude. Tear me apart if it helps you vent. I'm fine with it.

Last edited by I'm No Celebrity on Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody on the Sinfest forums knows everything, duh. Especially me. Very Happy
bun bun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum penis fights are funny.

lolz
I'm No Celebrity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate them. I've never taken part in one before. This isn't any more fun than I thought it would be.
Secret

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Sinfest. Enjoy your stay.
LD!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm No Celebrity wrote:
I hate them. I've never taken part in one before. This isn't any more fun than I thought it would be.

So this night left you unsatisfied?
I'm No Celebrity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Ask me if I need a cigarette. That would complete the cliche nicely. Razz
Sojobo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm No Celebrity wrote:
All right, dude. All right. I understand. Guess you're the big man in this situation after all.

Yes. Really, you should have noticed this from the very beginning. Have you ever seen a more Glorious Nose than Mine?

I'm No Celebrity wrote:
I mean, flawless and free of stupidity and human fallacy as you yourself are, you have the impeccable right to judge, so...go on, dude. Tear me apart if it helps you vent. I'm fine with it.

You keep saying you understand, but it's looking like you really don't. Feel free to reread my posts. Take what I'm saying at face value.

I didn't judge you. I judged your "joke."

Then you told me it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Well, no shit. That has no effect on whether it was a stupid joke. Which it is.

Then you told me you have a "strange" sense of humour. Which is irrelevant, because it wasn't that the joke was "strange," but instead stupid.

Then you told me our disagreement didn't warrant a fight. wtf? If you want to characterize our interaction as a fight, the provocation was as much yours for pushing tangents as it was mine for using escalatory language.

If you want to insist that everything I'm saying is a mindless and pointless flame, feel free, but the actual text of my posts kinda implies otherwise.

I'm No Celebrity wrote:

lolz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: