welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3/9/07 - Love Yourself 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TestTubeError

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not a mirror image. A mirror image would be reversed.

The dog's spotted eye was originally all spot. The eye inside showed up later.

I don't care much for the new shading. I liked the drawn shading better. It is clearer, but more difficult.
I'm No Celebrity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy's gotta go in some new directions. Keep things fresh. I mean, hey, Garfield and Dilbert haven't changed since fuckin' before I was born, and hey, they were funny then, but now...

Calvin and Hobbes is a good example. Bill Watterson never stopped changing and evolving his style, and that's part of what made him great for his entire career. Maybe we won't agree with some of Tat's choices, but regardless, it's important that he make them instead of panedring to what already works.
Fnorder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep repeating that about Bob Dylan, but nobody ever listens...

The strip is great. The comic is great. I like it, and I like where it's going, and I trust Tat, that he won't fall into routine, but surprise us with some more Badass Cartoonist Mojo!
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
Yup but it bears repeating.

for EVER!

Edit: Always check you are on the last page of the thread before you reply boys and girls
jorago

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm No Celebrity wrote:
A guy's gotta go in some new directions. Keep things fresh. I mean, hey, Garfield and Dilbert haven't changed since fuckin' before I was born, and hey, they were funny then, but now...

Calvin and Hobbes is a good example. Bill Watterson never stopped changing and evolving his style, and that's part of what made him great for his entire career. Maybe we won't agree with some of Tat's choices, but regardless, it's important that he make them instead of panedring to what already works.

Works for Madonna too!
kame

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jorago wrote:
I'm No Celebrity wrote:

Worked for Madonna too!

Fix'd
I'm No Celebrity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know absolutely nothing about Madonna, and I mean literally nothing but the name and something about rubber bracelets and kissing pop stars, but it does work for Bob Dylan, who is the greatest poet and songwriter freakin' ever. Fnorder is correct.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kidcorona wrote:
The graytones in panel three were way over done.

Speaking of things that we're just noticed, and have no clue what brought it on. Other then in the first comic I've never noticed the spot on Pooch's eye.

They're walking around the house unlit, implying that they are by themselves. Cats and dogs also have more rods than cones in their eyes making them somewhat colorblind.

Also, y'all are missing the NIN reference.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: