welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fifth year report of the reasonablymad
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: fifth year report of the reasonablymad Reply with quote

as the full moon rises over the dusky, harvested land... the world goes unreasonablymad.

tuesday, halloween, marked my fifth year with sinfest. oh what times! I feel like I failed my senior year twice already. does the forum have its own counselor yet?

I think in my old age I am becomming more and more reticent to spill the beans. I'm tired of explaning myself, though no one here has ever asked me to, really. but I don't need the outlet so much, I guess. less harping, more... something other than harping...?

anyway, here's the run down.

I'm out of pittsburgh for what may be good, or at least as long as it takes to make it good. it is a sad departing I have made. I really love pittsburgh, though without reason. it is, as they say, a silly place. it hasn't given me much hope, let alone any material benefit, for some time. so, it's on to more rural climes and a new start.

I think I may become a nurse.

thank you gary for "at swim-two-birds" again. I read it for the second time last week and liked it even more. my everyday thought patterns have been influenced as if by liquor.

while I am on the subject, annie dillard is still the fucking goods. like I've told everyone here a hundred times, read her. you don't even have to be on a greyhound to do so, though it helps.

are rolled cigarettes romantic, hippyish, or just plain nasty?

gorp is nature's blessing.

I need new friends.

I do not need a new cat. this thanksgiving I will have had felice for ten years. she hates moving, and I've dragged her from place to place quite often. still, she likes me.

my bed sheets are purple.

really, I'm seriously considering the healthcare industry as a career option. anyone in it? suggestions?

I think that's it for now. jumpin' jiggly jesus.
Marik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: savvy, love Reply with quote

Quote:
are rolled cigarettes romantic, hippyish, or just plain nasty?

They're savvy. Savvy like Depp saying 'savvy' while dressed like a pirate.
rm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: savvy, love Reply with quote

Marik wrote:
They're savvy. Savvy like Depp saying 'savvy' while dressed like a pirate.

barring the possibility that I have lived my whole life under the delusion that I am not johnny depp when in fact that is who I am - which I think would bestow upon me far greater benefits than being a savvy smoker of rolled tobacco, and a pirate - I tend towards 'nasty'. but thanks.
Dro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a nursing program you can get trained at wherever you are going?
Major Tom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oo, oo, seriously -- if you're not sure whether or not there's a nursing program in your area, dial "2-1-1"

the program isn't perfect and it's not yet nationwide, but 211 is a free and confidential, information line -- it's a program that's meant to connect anyone in a community with health and human resources providers in the area.

it exists to inform the folks that need something of the best and most direct way to contact the folks that offer that something (whether those "offering folks" are gov't or private, non-profit services/information... whatever).

http://211.org, if you want to look into it.
rm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Is there a nursing program you can get trained at wherever you are going?

Major Tom wrote:
if you're not sure whether or not there's a nursing program in your area, dial "2-1-1"

I am sure there is somewhere... I need to figure some things out first, and become a resident of maryland.

since I've worked with children and the mentally handicapped before, I am considering focusing on those areas, but my main idea is to become in demand and indespensible. basically, I am sick and tired of not working.
rm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: fifth year report of the reasonablymad Reply with quote

rm wrote:
tuesday, halloween, marked my fifth year with sinfest.

coincidentally, these have been the five worst years of my life. thanks, all.
rm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, not coincidentally.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oof.
rm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha! no, it's not your fault. I can't really find any reason to blame my internet activities for what has gone on in my REAL life.

but, perhaps, maybe, there is some slender near-invisible silver thread which ties it all together and it really was you, tom, that drove me into the gutter. all those puns, you know.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are dangerous...

...i'm a hazard Sad

to the other point, my sister-in-law used to be a dialysis nurse. she might be able to answer some of the nuts-and-bolts questions you come up with.

one thing i do remember from when she was on the job -- long shifts, inadequate pay.
rm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Tom wrote:
long shifts, inadequate pay.

not good enough. this is why I want to be very fussy over which specific field I go into... there seems to be such a high demand for heathcare professionals, they can't all be underpaid, right? overworked, I can see, if there is a shortage.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might be that there's a shortage because the pay sucks. i'm not trying to discourage you -- 'cuz i think care-providers take on noble, difficult and important jobs -- but healthcare wages are driven, to an obscene extent, by the cost cutting of the investor-minded, dollar hungry HMO execs.

that's just my opinion

[edit:
"the pay sucks" might be all relative, too. could be that nurses, at least specialized nurses, are paid living, even decent wages...just not nearly what they deserve]
rm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makes sense... and I am fully aware of the miserableness of these noble positions.

did your sister work in a large hospital? private practice?
Major Tom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hospitals -- milford, connecticut area, the san diego for awhile (i think, she might have gotten into 'case work' by then).

the hospitals were probably "large", urban setting rather than a backroad county hospital, anyway. i remember she enjoyed getting 3 days in a row off a week, but the 12-14 hour shifts the other 4 days got to be rough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: