Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

11/6 Aged
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WheelsOfConfusion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 11871
Location: Unknown Kaddath

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh they can deny it all they want.
Doesn't make them right, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dazedb42



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 2348
Location: Margaret River, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's been said before many, many times but....


YOU PEOPLE ROCK <3
_________________
(_**_) *note to self, insert bottle at other end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MellowFish



Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Posts: 755
Location: The Train to Gloryland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
At one point I "knew" that tectonic plates didn't exist because of my Southern Baptist Christian upbringing. I was quite pissed in science class when it came up. I made a total fool of myself.

But I couldn't come near to the job that Mellow and Zeku are doing to their image. I wasn't as hardheaded about facts either. Boy, reading science books critically is fun but no one can deny provable facts.


Why wouldn't tectonic plates exsist?
_________________
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. -- Frederick Douglass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kame



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 2565
Location: Alba Nuadh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the process doesn't really jive with Young Earth Creationism.

Well, to be fair, there isn't a whole lot of science that jives with YEC Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Lasairfiona



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9702
Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kame wrote:
Because the process doesn't really jive with Young Earth Creationism.

Well, to be fair, there isn't a whole lot of science that jives with YEC Razz

Bingo. Turned out that my dad knew that tectonic plates existed and all that but evolution as a science was never, ever brought up. Even the basic idea of evolution (antibiotic resistant bugs, etc) wasn't discussed. Remebering that incident is almost painful. At the time I felt so good that I was standing up for my faith but I was just holding on to my ignorance. Damn embaressing.

As someone (maybe Timcloud?) pointed out, your beliefs can mesh with science but currently it doesn't go the other way around. God is behind science, not against it.

_________________
Before God created Las he pondered on all the aspects a woman might have, he considered which ones would look good super-inflated and which ones to leave alone.
After much deliberation he gave her a giant comfort zone. - Michael
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MellowFish



Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Posts: 755
Location: The Train to Gloryland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to look into that tectonic stuff, I never heard anything against it myself.

Oh, and I just thought I would throw this out there: When I discuss evolution with my pastor of a father, he accuses me of supporting it when I correct his mistakes. Mistakes you are now accusing me of making. Yeah. Hence the frustration with you people.
_________________
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. -- Frederick Douglass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Snorri



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10877
Location: hiding the decline.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
I will have to look into that tectonic stuff, I never heard anything against it myself.

Oh, and I just thought I would throw this out there: When I discuss evolution with my pastor of a father, he accuses me of supporting it when I correct his mistakes. Mistakes you are now accusing me of making. Yeah. Hence the frustration with you people.


I think I know why we accusing of making mistakes.








































IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE WRONG!!!!

_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WheelsOfConfusion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 11871
Location: Unknown Kaddath

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
Oh, and I just thought I would throw this out there: When I discuss evolution with my pastor of a father, he accuses me of supporting it when I correct his mistakes.

How dreadful!
What exactly are you correcting him on?

Quote:
Hence the frustration with you people.

How can you possibly be frustrated with us?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rm



Joined: 25 Jul 2006
Posts: 4073

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, you should be paying us for this stuff.
_________________
...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flion



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 589
Location: Don't look up! (Damn pigeons...)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
my pastor of a father


There's your problem. You need a father first, pastor second. Notice that God didn't create the priesthood, men did. In the old days, He was perfectly happy to talk to His creations directly, according to accounts in the Bible. What changed? As far as I can tell, some confidence men jumped up and said, "You can't talk to the Head Honcho directly; talk to us and we'll relay it for you. It'll only cost you a titheing and we can cut out the middleman and deny your prayers directly, judge you, and free God up to do what he does best..." Allegory, of course, and so totally useless to refute; it's just humor, not argument. But you get the idea. An infinite God has no need of a church; it's an institution by men to gather power, often misused. Proof? The pedophilic crisis in the Christian organization; incidents like Bakker and now the gay-bashing gay evangelist, and others too many to name. Not to say that all or even most clergy are corrupt, but it points to the fallibility of the clergy in overcoming their human faults in order to lead others. The others might do better to listen to God, if He's talking, than to the clergy.
_________________
Halen wrote:
The reason that "people actually see the points people make" = "people agree with me" is because I. Am. Right!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lasairfiona



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9702
Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, there was a medium first and then it was gotten rid of in the new testiment. The idea stays the same, though.
_________________
Before God created Las he pondered on all the aspects a woman might have, he considered which ones would look good super-inflated and which ones to leave alone.
After much deliberation he gave her a giant comfort zone. - Michael
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CoolChristian



Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 360

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a stupid argument. if you believe in god, is it impossible to assume that he created the world, and then also created the way in which people could disprove him, thus allowing humans free will? maybe god did something that *gasp!* isn't in the bible? that he oversaw evolution and speciation and natural selection to create the world that we live in? wouldn't he then have created the world, if he created the processes that formed it?


and the "the bible is god's word" argument doesn't work, here, either, because unless he actually wrote it down, and avoided the middle man (humans, who are, i think everyone will agree, flawed) there is the possibility of mistakes and misrepresentation. and if you don't like that argument, then maybe the complete meaning got lost in the translation.




_________________
--Christianity with a touch of logic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver



Joined: 17 Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Location: No telling where I'll be

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm with that guy.
_________________


"....ten wasted seconds during which I think of ways to destroy you"
--Crono (Head GM, DeliveranceRO)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
DesolationRow



Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 232
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck MF has hijakced another thread. Oh well, just another chance for us all to bang our heads against the wall while he preaches his insanity.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver



Joined: 17 Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Location: No telling where I'll be

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't mf say somewhere that he would never use an alt? This might not be him.
_________________


"....ten wasted seconds during which I think of ways to destroy you"
--Crono (Head GM, DeliveranceRO)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group