welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions and Answers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 751, 752, 753, 754, 755  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripey I'm blaming you for the fact that I just picked up the latest edition and now have a sim who wishes she was a robot.

Don't we all, little sim. Don't we all.
jwing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it normal to be have cold hands, elevated heart rate, and a sickly feeling in your stomach every time you're about to meet people?

In my new job, I have three people visit my office every morning to run through tests in front of a camera and monitor. Every day, once I send out the email saying "okay, come down in half an hour", I spend thirty minutes pacing, wiggling my hands to keep them from trembling, taking deep breaths to get my heart to stop racing, and generally just doing a low level freak out. I always thought it was a normal thing, that everyone did it, but things other people have said have made me start to think that maybe it's not normal. Is it? (I mean for others; obviously it's normal for me)
Usagi Miyamoto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: I think so. Reply with quote

Depends on your definition of normal. Those are some of the telltale signs of a social anxiety disorder, which is pretty common, so normal in that sense. Dogen probably knows all about it.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have much to add, other than yeah, it sounds like social anxiety. The signs of sympathetic nervous system arousal (fight or flight) are there. If it interferes with your ability to work or do things you enjoy you can get treatment for it (therapy, meds, or both)... but I'd try spending that 30 minutes doing deep breathing and progressive relaxation (which can be found on youtube) to see if that helps. It's part of the therapy for anxiety, but easy to teach yourself for free. Smile
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Social Anxiety to me as well. Sometimes social anxiety is triggered by an event or experience, so maybe something like that happened for you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grabby vs Youngren Saga continues!

After a several month long hiatus, this scam ministry has resumed sending this stuff to one “Grabby Buttface McSkidmarks”.

Of course, they want Grabby’s money so they can proselytize to poverty-stricken muslims, and also so their leader can buy a new yacht.

I’m sending them back a fifteen-second doodle of the twi-light, on the back of a jell-o box, at their expense.

I thought for a second they were quoting the Book of Phil at me, and that was hilarious, but then I realized that they were just abbreviating the name of a much more well-known book.

Anyway, according to my rough calculations they’ve wasted at least ten-fifteen dollars on sending me this kind of stuff, not counting labor (some of the envelopes they’ve sent were pretty massive), which I think is fantastic. The more they waste on me, the less they have in their budget to scam the gullible.

no word from any psychics, yet
I'll try again on that
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am sad they continue to be a wasteful scam, it is delightful that Grabby is still receiving mail. I hope they treasure the Twilight picture forever!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Request of my aunt: which name is prettier for a daughter?

Leona
Vilel
Eirlys
Ilona
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. I like Leona best.
eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I choose e) None of the Above Razz
Echo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eirlys looks pretty but doesn't sound as pretty as it looks.

From that list, Leona is probably the one I like most. But I like Ellen more... ;-P
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of those are common in the US, but do you want something Americans like? I wouldn't know how to pronounce Eirlys, but I imagine it sounds pretty.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream that involved, as a side-element, a breed of humans called meitmeet that grow from egg to physical maturity over the course of about a year as a sort of parasitic branch on a tree. This can potentially make wind storms somewhat tragic depending on how high parents set their hopes, although most don't care since growing more branches is very easy in most situations, and their brains don't start working in any capacity until the very end of the growth process. I asked one of them why they don't build wind shields, but I just got yelled at.

I was wondering if there was any mythological precedent for this?

the only other fantasy element that I knew about first-hand was a sort of tiger people
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seem to have some vague memory of some maybe celtic art that had people sort of growing out of trees - they were sort of emerging head-first from flower sorts of things (for some reason, i see your people as attached to the tree by their heads). but i don't know of any mythology associated with it...it may have been one of those doodles the monks did on the margins of books they were copying, out of boredom.

the idea is fun, but the resultant people seem to be very rude. i mean, yelling at you when you were just trying to save the children!
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent far more time with them in the "tragic" situation than getting reprimanded. In any case, they were by no means the focus of the dream. They're just the thing my conscious mind thought was interesting after I woke up.

Quote:
attached to the tree by their heads

attached by feet, sweeping out like downturned globe willow branches, actual branches continued out from where their body ended, growing under the bark, kind of deformed until they filled in somewhat, all female
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 751, 752, 753, 754, 755  Next
Page 752 of 755

Jump to: