welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions and Answers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 696, 697, 698 ... 753, 754, 755  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwing wrote:
Depression is a bitch and the lyingest liar that ever lied and I want it to leave my child now.

Jwing I have absolutely nothing helpful to say but.. you sound like an awesome mom, even if you're not feeling it right now.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto that - and i hope finding some people who have gone through the same thing will help. well, i should think it would have to - i wonder if that deep-down-inside feeling is "i'm not normal" (i.e., like everyone else around her, who probably seem to know exactly what they are). finding out that 'normal' covers a lot more ground than you think might relieve some of that.

love to both of you.
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I discovered that a long time friend of mine has, in the two years since we last spoke (after disappearing from my part of the internet in 2010), become a she.

It was very unexpected. We lived together for six months in '09 and I had absolutely no idea she felt this way.
Jinx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
jwing wrote:
Depression is a bitch and the lyingest liar that ever lied and I want it to leave my child now.

Jwing I have absolutely nothing helpful to say but.. you sound like an awesome mom, even if you're not feeling it right now.

QFT
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything else in Seattle I should do besides the obvious museums/landmarks?
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at the Columbia Tower observation deck ($5, but twice the height of the Space Needle)? Or the underground tour? Or the adult bakery in Wallingford? Or the Ballard locks (nice place to eat outside and watch for boats)? Or the troll under the Aurora bridge? Or Gasworks Park? Or the (free!) Frye Art Museum? Or the view of downtown from Kerry Park (on a clear day it makes a nice picture... it's also near the school they used in 10 Things I Hate About You)? Or take in a show at Unexpected Productions (improv comedy)? Or any of the other million things I can't think of right now?

MY QUESTION IS EASIER: Has anyone tried Spotify, iTunes Match, or Pandora premium and do you have an opinion? Obviously the features aren't the same... Spotify is kind of like the baby of iTunes Match and Pandora, but costs significantly more... but I would like to know what you think and how you use them and whether they're convenient and easy to use and if they do anything you hate. My interest is in having a broader range of music when I'm running, and sometimes I think, "Man, I want to hear X," but I can't because Pandora.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a trial of Spotify Premium on my phone when I got it, and loved it. Two Pints was able to DJ our entire NYE party - playlists, requests, what have you - via the same programme, worked well. I'd recommend that.

Though it's been years since I used Pandora. I tend to just dl what I need via the multitude of free mp3 dl services you can normally get on an android phone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Have you looked at the Columbia Tower observation deck ($5, but twice the height of the Space Needle)? Or the underground tour? Or the adult bakery in Wallingford? Or the Ballard locks (nice place to eat outside and watch for boats)? Or the troll under the Aurora bridge? Or Gasworks Park? Or the (free!) Frye Art Museum? Or the view of downtown from Kerry Park (on a clear day it makes a nice picture... it's also near the school they used in 10 Things I Hate About You)? Or take in a show at Unexpected Productions (improv comedy)? Or any of the other million things I can't think of right now?

I looked at the underground tour, and thanks for the ideas on everything else.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
adult bakery in Wallingford

Is that like some sort of bizarre combination of an adult store and a bakery? o_O
Dogen wrote:
Ballard locks (nice place to eat outside and watch for boats)?

I second this, I was in Seattle this summer and the locks were pretty neat. Fun to watch a couple boats go through, and there is a pretty good burger & fish n' chips place across the road from the entrance. I don't think it's spawning season, but if it is, check out the salmon ladder at the locks. When they head upstream into the lake you can watch them jumping from level to level which is pretty amazing.

I also want to say, Seattle can be confusing as hell to drive through at times. Couple that with the lack of knowledge as to whether a right turn on red is legal in Washington, and you have a car full of lost and bewildered Canadians.
eureka00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
Dogen wrote:

Is that like some sort of bizarre combination of an adult store and a bakery? o_O
Dogen wrote:
Ballard locks (nice place to eat outside and watch for boats)?

I second this, I was in Seattle this summer and the locks were pretty neat. Fun to watch a couple boats go through, and there is a pretty good burger & fish n' chips place across the road from the entrance. I don't think it's spawning season, but if it is, check out the salmon ladder at the locks. When they head upstream into the lake you can watch them jumping from level to level which is pretty amazing.

I also want to say, Seattle can be confusing as hell to drive through at times. Couple that with the lack of knowledge as to whether a right turn on red is legal in Washington, and you have a car full of lost and bewildered Canadians.

Will have to check those Locks out then. I like water stuff. We aren't planning on renting a car actually since there looks to be decent mass transit or can always get a cab if need be. Cars tend to be hinderances in big cities rather than helpful. $$$ to rent + $$$ to park + $$$ to gas + Unfamiliar City + My Road Rage = Not Really Worth It. Heck, I don't even drive downtown Chicago, and I know it somewhat.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like water stuff, the waterfront is only like a 20 or 30 minute walk from the Locks. Couple restaurants down there and the marina, can make for a pleasant seaside walk and brunch. I suggest going to Ray's, the food is pretty decent, the service is good and the prices aren't too bad.

Although you should probably defer to Dogen, seeing as he's the one that lives in Washington.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There used to be a spy shop not far from the locks, but it closed down. Sad Discovery Park is nearby... I really like parks.

Yes, you can turn right on red in WA. Driving in downtown Seattle is a pain because the roads are alternating one-ways, except when they aren't, which makes missing your turn awkward at times. Plus parking is expensive. I always drive when I go, but I don't get angry at traffic. The transit is good, though we don't have a train/subway. Bus drivers are really knowledgable for the most part, and their website has a trip planner. You know how it goes, though, everything takes longer on transit.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
Dogen wrote:

Breast cupcakes, penis cakes, vagina cakes... exactly what it sounds like. Wink
eureka00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
There used to be a spy shop not far from the locks, but it closed down. Sad Discovery Park is nearby... I really like parks.

Yes, you can turn right on red in WA. Driving in downtown Seattle is a pain because the roads are alternating one-ways, except when they aren't, which makes missing your turn awkward at times. Plus parking is expensive. I always drive when I go, but I don't get angry at traffic. The transit is good, though we don't have a train/subway. Bus drivers are really knowledgable for the most part, and their website has a trip planner. You know how it goes, though, everything takes longer on transit.

Will have to definitely do a lot of waterfront and park stuff then. Smile Thanks for the recommendations. I wish I didn't have road rage. Typically I take mass transit when I have time to spare, but when time is a factor then I take a cab.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The locks are six miles from downtown Seattle, which has its own waterfront that's not very interesting. There's a Curiosity Shoppe, the Seaquarium, the ferry terminal... an Ivar's... Not much to that part of Seattle. But check out the stuff around Ballard online.

Seattle also has good museums. Seattle Art Museum, Seattle Asian Art Museum, the Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI), the Nordic Heritage Museum (there are no Vikings inside), Museum of Flight... Unfortunately they're spread all over town.

There's a metaphysical library. Good book stores (I enjoy Elliott Bay Books)... Great pubs (Pike Brewing's Scotch Kilt Lifter is a favorite, and the pub is under Pike Place Market). There's a great falafel place, I think it's called Falafel King or something, in the building that houses the original Starbucks (across from Pike Place). Unexpected Productions is under Pike Place, in Post Alley.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 696, 697, 698 ... 753, 754, 755  Next
Page 697 of 755

Jump to: