welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you feel about the president?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is bush a good president?
Yes
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Maybe
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Only on days that have a U in them
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Only on Thursdays
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I have to pee
17%
 17%  [ 12 ]
No
69%
 69%  [ 48 ]
I trim the hedges
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 69

mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, ultimately, the reason one does good is irrelevant, so long as good is done. so i have to point out that he did good in creating a reserve around those hawaiian islands, whatever reason he had for doing it.

i think we need to judge a president's performance on results, not reasons or intent. so, while one might argue that no child left behind was well-intended, the results have not been good. and whatever his reasons for attacking iraq, the results have been disasterous (although i know there are people here who will dispute that.)

the results are what we have to live with, and the results from this president are not good.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: not the place to rant about healthcare not the place to rant Reply with quote

Natashabi wrote:
Healthcare Percentages
Official Press Release (actual stats half-way down the page)

The only thing I'm going to say about healthcare, is that there is a huge difference between having healthcare and having adequate healthcare.

If your healthcare coverage meets almost NONE of your healthcare needs, does it really count?

To the bean counters, yes. Anyone with even a bare minimum of healthcare service need not be classified into the uninsured category, meaning that we can simply sit back and pretend that they're 'covered.'

In some grotesque, totally not true way.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CopperTop wrote:
I couldn't stand George W. Bush's policies when he was governor of Texas. His Lt. Governor is running this year to try and stay in office, but my mind is made up as to who I'm voting for - Kinky Friedman. He has to be better than a man that pushed through a school financing plan that is based on raising taxes on beer and cigarettes, taxing business owners in an economy where businesses are folding every day and by using the state budget surplus... to create a property tax savings that averages $52 per homeowner. Sound like Bush's income tax "rebates"?

as i recall, bush ran on his tax cuts in texas in 2000....and his election was shortly followed by major budget deficits in said state. which should have told us _something_.....or have i got that wrong?
andrew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He kept his promise to a wounded soldier.

A lot of the rabid liberal types will point out that he did it for PR, but given how far into his second term he is and how disastrous his presidency has been, I'm disinclined to view it as purely PR.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a curious pose -- disinclined, that is
Drui

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew wrote:
He kept his promise to a wounded soldier.

Well, I'm glad to see he could take time to fulfill one irrelevant (in the grand scheme of things) promise to one single person while millions of others need his help and remain ignored.
Hekate101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bun bun wrote:
Ol' Green Eyes. wrote:
We would have done better with a kumquat.

Very Happy

I second that. Very Happy
Spread it lightly across the bread, add crisp lettuce and fresh tomato. Meat can vary, but I like ham...
Marik

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: AMM IIII RIIIITEEEEEEEE Reply with quote

The whole wounded soldier thing was a great way to look at the true nature of political polarization.

So many people don't trust him whatsoever even just to just be a nice guy occasionally. Liek wow.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's true
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ags is absolutely right about some of these amazingly weak anti-bush arguments. He fought sex trafficking, but only because he objects to sex? I hope youíre not being serious.

Donít get me wrong, George Walker Bush Jnr is a steaming font of clumsy evil stupidity, but the fact that heís so clearly an asshole and such an easy target seems to give people the impression they donít have be reasonable in their objections to him. If youíre in a large and righteous crowd the temptation is to shout yo momma insults rather than to form actual arguments.

Bush makes people stupid.
John Mytton

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: bush sucks am i rite Reply with quote

Agamemnon wrote:
Did the Tax Cuts really spurn the economy forward

From way earlier in the thread, but still hilarious.
CopperTop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
as i recall, bush ran on his tax cuts in texas in 2000....and his election was shortly followed by major budget deficits in said state. which should have told us _something_.....or have i got that wrong?

No, you don't have it wrong. Bush cut all kinds of business taxes and property taxes in Texas, then ran on that for President in 2000. The next budget year, cuts were made in school funding, children's health care, mental health funding, arts and virtually every other state funded program. The result was that property taxes were then raised again for the next 5 years, until this year - when Rick Perry cut property taxes and raised business taxes and instituted new taxes on alcohol and cigarettes.
PIKACHU ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIKA! PIKACHU! Mad
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: he is rite Reply with quote

John Mytton wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
Did the Tax Cuts really spurn the economy forward

From way earlier in the thread, but still hilarious.

heh heh .. heh
HamletSr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The president is poo-trash. He is certainly one of our worst presidents. To contest this is plain folly. ahem

"The problem with political jokes is that they get elected"

Henry Cate VII

"Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything."

Frank Dane

How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter?

Woody Allen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: