welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ISRAEL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cletus: "Israel is claiming the Iranian revolutionary guard fired surface to surface missles on them from south lebanon."

All the news agencies I'm reading say it was Hezbullah. Don't forget, the real power brokers in Lebanon, at least until recently, were the Saudis. If the news agencies in the US are telling you it's Iran's fault, then I'd remain very sceptical of those agencies.

Sam: "You can play the aggression to your advantage."

I'm at a loss to see how it is advantageous, though. Hezbullah form part of the Lebanese gov't. Hamas form the rump of the Palestinian gov't. No doubt someone floating round the fringes of these parties does think it's to their advantage to rile Israel. However, since Israel is persuing the respective gov'ts (and their people), and no other organisations seem to be taking responsibility ... I just don't get it.

Is their an emoticon for the Middle East?
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean something like this:
?

man, i just don't know.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Taylorbell wrote:
I'm at a loss to see how it is advantageous, though.

Reactive aggression from Israel, however assured we could possibly be of its legitimacy via cause, is taxing and sparks further anti-Israel sentiment and furthers the cultural tensions of the Israel v. Middle East cagematch. A rogue faction has much to gain from prodding Israel and making them want to bomb and invade and fight, since this keeps Israel going down the road they want them to be on.

Quote:
Is their an emoticon for the Middle East?

Oh, who knows -- in a few years, this might do in a pinch.

Major Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

-Slick
dazedb42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all anti semetic. Poor Israel under constant threats by the mad ravaging hordes just trying to make the world a better place. I mean the rest of the world invests billions of dollars trying to build up infrastructure for the despised Palestinines so what choice do they have? Of course they have to get rid of it so the US economy can grow by rebuilding it again.

Israel pisses me right off. If they were any other country we could lambast them with rhetoric and sanctions but NOES that would make us anti semitic because everyone picks on the poor victimised jews.

Why cant we all just get along?
Germ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE INFIDELS MUST BE EXPELLED

WE MUST CONTROL THE HOLY LAND UNTIL THE END OF DAYS WHEN THE LORD PASSES JUDGMENT ON ALL
Kilgore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germ wrote:
THE INFIDELS MUST BE EXPELLED

WE MUST CONTROL THE HOLY LAND UNTIL THE END OF DAYS WHEN THE LORD PASSES JUDGMENT ON ALL

There are plenty of hardline secular nationalists in Israel.

-Slick
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Lo, and ye shall settle by Iran and see if they mind Reply with quote

I like the whole idea of God as real estate manager. It's quaint. Though, if I were really a person in Israel who had been raised to believe that God ordered us to occupy this land, I bet I'd be wondering what the joke was, by now.
bun bun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Israel: WTF?

I think you've just summed up half of the last century of middle eastern politics.

<3 WOC
Kry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the developers of the project I manage lives 3km from the beirut airport, with his wife and newly born daughter.

Acording to what I talked with him yesterday, it's not atually "israel", as LOTS of people there are completely fed up of all this shit (I bet the intelligent ones), and feel like sitting on a landmine.

Which, btw, is a completely acurate definition.
Agamemnon

Location: Studying somewhere. Or at least that's where I should be.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I can't believe is the UN Human Rights council criticizing Israel for retaliating when soldiers were kidnapped or killed, yet there are no such recriminations coming for Hamas or Hezbullah. Is this the anti Israel feeling around the world? What could Israel do differently to correct that? It seems to me that nothing short of mass suicide by all Israelis would change the mind of those participating most in these conflicts.

P: They don't know we know they know we know. And Joey, you can't say anything!

J: Couldn't if I wanted to.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, hamas is still refusing to acknowledge that israel is a legitmate country, after they've been there more than 50 years - so that faction, at least, would be happiest if all israelis just disappeared. of course, they _still_ wouldn't be happy - then they would get mad at other brands of islam (anyone notice the news from india the last couple of days?)

that's something we perhaps haven't talked about - this apparent desire by the islamic world to consume itself, as well as others. i am (as you know) someone who believes there is always another solution - but i really don't know what it takes to reduce such virulent anger against some of one's own religion (albeit a variant). we have fundies - but i am not aware of fundamentalist baptists blowing up episcopalians.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to know why the christian community doesn't bother to attempt to fix the situation in Israel? Because if Israel is peaceful and happy with Palistine, the world will end.

Besides the blowing up of various nations, how is Israel showing its batshit insane side going to affect things. Oil goes up, people die, but will it affect US policies in our own wars like it has been suggested?

::sighs:: It seems that religous tolerance is pwned by my God is better that your god mentality. Tibet seems to be the only one that has pulled it off except that they keep getting taken over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: