welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ISRAEL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ol' Green Eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a human being, I know that Israel is defending itself as per its ability to do so.

Fact is, in a war as long as Israel vs. Palestine, it's the case that both peoples are defending themselves, so there will be no solution to the conflict outside of the total destruction of one of the two, which will of course result in another endless war.

It's like when I used to squeeze Skittles together to see which one broke first. I did it until the bag was empty, and my fingers purpley/reddish.

Well...almost.
cletusowns

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
You want to know why the christian community doesn't bother to attempt to fix the situation in Israel? Because if Israel is peaceful and happy with Palistine, the world will end.

Besides the blowing up of various nations, how is Israel showing its batshit insane side going to affect things. Oil goes up, people die, but will it affect US policies in our own wars like it has been suggested?

::sighs:: It seems that religous tolerance is pwned by my God is better that your god mentality. Tibet seems to be the only one that has pulled it off except that they keep getting taken over.

You know Christians aren't Jewish.. right? Just tossing that out there. Tibet just proves that you can only take so much as a country before something either has to be done or you let it get done to you.

Also, the UN is pretty biased against Israel. Israel is the only country who isn't eligible for the security council. The UN Human rights committee has a PERMANENT statute to discuss Israeli human rights abuses every time they meet. The UN never investigated Arafat's role in aiding terrorism etc etc etc.

I do love how the UN sent a three man team into the area to calm the situation. Way to go guys. 3 more than you sent at the start of the Rawandan massacres

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agamemnon wrote:
What I can't believe is the UN Human Rights council criticizing Israel for retaliating when soldiers were kidnapped or killed, yet there are no such recriminations coming for Hamas or Hezbullah.

This might have to do with the fact that Palestine is not considered a sovereign country and Hezbollah is considered a terrorist group that merely has a political wing. Condemning Lebanon for the actions of Hezbollah would be like damning Ireland for the acts of the IRA. There are links between the two, but the latter often acts independently of the former.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cletusowns wrote:
You know Christians aren't Jewish.. right?

Yes, I do know. I was talking about the christian community. The christian community does a lot of work in war torn areas but not in Israel. It was a random point.
PsycoMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of the Jewish religion...could someone please explain to me the Jews for Jesus thing?
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
cletusowns wrote:
You know Christians aren't Jewish.. right?

Yes, I do know. I was talking about the christian community. The christian community does a lot of work in war torn areas but not in Israel. It was a random point.

might it be that said christians do said work in hopes of getting some conversions....and are pretty sure they won't get any in israel, a state founded to preserve the jewish people? just guessing, i really don't know.

and i thought the reason some fundamentalists were supporting israel was exactly _because_ getting all the jews in israel will signal the end of the world - and they are all eager for the rapture and armageddon and all that.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fundies that want the end of the world are in the minority. The rest of the christians want the world to last so they can continue being hypocrites. Twisted Evil
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dazedb42 wrote:
You are all anti semetic. Poor Israel under constant threats by the mad ravaging hordes just trying to make the world a better place. I mean the rest of the world invests billions of dollars trying to build up infrastructure for the despised Palestinines so what choice do they have? Of course they have to get rid of it so the US economy can grow by rebuilding it again.

Israel pisses me right off. If they were any other country we could lambast them with rhetoric and sanctions but NOES that would make us anti semitic because everyone picks on the poor victimised jews.

Why cant we all just get along?

Wow.

"Poor Israel under constant threats by the mad ravaging hordes ..." sarcasm aside, they kinda actually sorta are. People keep kidnapping their citezenry from within Israel.

"... trying to make the world a better place." Israel aren't trying to make the world a better place; they're just trying to live somewhere. They've had three and a half thousand years of virulent NIMBYism; they just want a fucking rest.

"Of course they have to get rid of it so the US economy can ..."

American economy what? SHUT UP ABOUT AMERICA. Okay, so Dazed isn't the first here, or the worst here, but as Kilgore said earlier ... sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

"... poor victimised Jews." (sarcasm implied)

Actually, yes. They are. Except that sometimes they slap people back.

Israel is right to respond with force ... the force currently being employed isn't proportional to the specific incidents which nominally proceeded it, but fuck ... they've taken as much shit as, say, for instance, Palestine.
John Mytton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
What I can't believe is the UN Human Rights council criticizing Israel for retaliating when soldiers were kidnapped or killed, yet there are no such recriminations coming for Hamas or Hezbullah.

This might have to do with the fact that Palestine is not considered a sovereign country and Hezbollah is considered a terrorist group that merely has a political wing. Condemning Lebanon for the actions of Hezbollah would be like damning Ireland for the acts of the IRA. There are links between the two, but the latter often acts independently of the former.

However, Hezbollah's political party is allowed to hold 14 seats in the Lebanese Parliament, and the organization must be held responsible for the actions of any one part.

Also, part of the agreement between Israel and Lebanon in order for Israeli forces to withdraw from southern Lebanon was that the Lebanese government would stop people from firing missiles into Israel, which was the main reason they invaded, anyway.
Amilam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why are terrorists such fucking wankers? I don't want to seem racist, but I've never met a nice terrorist. Seriously, after what happened ilast week in Palestine, what did the Hezbollah fringe think it would achieve with it's kidnappings from inside Israel? "Nah - they won't actually do anything. It'll just make 'em cranky."

This confuses me. You know terrorists aren't a race right or is this just a really dead pan joke?

Edit:

Also, anyone who feels that this mess in the Middle East has been done with U.S. intentions seriously needs to step back and get a handle on reality. You can hate the Bush administration without becoming blind. This situation is the exact opposite of what the Bush administration wanted.

Edit 2:

not a good sign of things cooling down
RebelSnake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Israel, a country surrounded by enemies is attacked by Hamas and then by Hezbollah, both representitives of legitimate foreign governments, both in effect declaring war on Israel, but it's the Israeli's who are the evil aggressors.???
Major Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1- to suggest that either islamic faction attacked israel on behalf of their government is a questionnable assertion. do you have any reason to believe that?

2 - who's calling israel either evil or 'the' aggressor?

are you denying that israel's reactions to both of these incursions might be reasonably seen as non-proportionate and as having as much or more potential to increase hostilities and cause israeli casualites than they do to achieve the safe return of their military personnel with no further incident?
Kilgore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mytton wrote:
Dogen wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:

However, Hezbollah's political party is allowed to hold 14 seats in the Lebanese Parliament, and the organization must be held responsible for the actions of any one part.

Also, part of the agreement between Israel and Lebanon in order for Israeli forces to withdraw from southern Lebanon was that the Lebanese government would stop people from firing missiles into Israel, which was the main reason they invaded, anyway.

The government of Lebanon claims that it isn't able to control the actions of Hezbollah, an assessment that the U.S. government, among others, has agreed is accurate.

Bush is calling on Syria to reign in Hezbollah. Bombing the Lebanese government into submission will only destroy a fledgling democracy that has just recently gained independence from the Syrians, who are hardly our bestest best buddies.

-Slick
bun bun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would everyone please for the love of GOD stop referring to countries as though they were a single entity?
Kilgore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you propose we do instead?

-Slick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: