welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sinfest Random Image Post!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 652, 653, 654 ... 660, 661, 662  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Istancow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The image, she is broken.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO elsewhere in this thread I posted pics of tattoos done by a good friend of mine. He's now doing a TV show:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even a year later, this image is still my favorite thing that the RWBY fandom has made

you have to play the song with it though

admittedly I don't actively seek out RWBY fan-media, so that doesn't really mean all that much
Ennis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istancow popped up in my facebook feed again:
Ennis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From here
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow- it looks like she has an amazing relationship with that bird.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Felgraf, I thought they were called "fictionkin"? But yes, unfortunately I have heard of them. I'm not really sure whether you could argue that they're worse than otherkin who believe they are a mythological creature though. Actually, you probably could. But really, all of that stuff is so deep in the lake of bullshit that it doesn't seem awfully worthwhile to try to figure out the hierarchy of it.

Ok, this isn't a picture per se, but it has to do with this post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2_8cfVpXbo
Ennis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Ennis wrote:
Felgraf, I thought they were called "fictionkin"? But yes, unfortunately I have heard of them. I'm not really sure whether you could argue that they're worse than otherkin who believe they are a mythological creature though. Actually, you probably could. But really, all of that stuff is so deep in the lake of bullshit that it doesn't seem awfully worthwhile to try to figure out the hierarchy of it.

Ok, this isn't a picture per se, but it has to do with this post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2_8cfVpXbo

I didn't really find it that funny... not to mention the fact that there was a dig at trans people with the whole "I'm trigender" thing. Idk, it ~can~ be a fair criticism/thing to ridicule (I'm thinking of the "multiples" who claim to be literally a trans man and cis MAAB genderqueer at the same time) but coming from a cis person in a fairly unfunny skit where the punchline is the mother killing her kid, who is in the comments in also maligned for being a "fag" and other gender-related insults... it really just doesn't sit right with me. I'm definitely not saying that the content is off-limits, but it just comes off as someone who glanced at surface issues and did a really shallow comedy skit about it. I was expecting the fursuit kid to insist on their right to euthanasia because they weren't human or something, stuff that would have actually ridiculous and funny.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, you should know better than to read comments; I read zero of them and don't have any plans to.

Also, the ending seems pretty normal for Cyanide and Happiness; fucked up black humor is how it rolls. Like, say, this skit, which isn't really making fun of people dying, but rather religious dogma that says 'if you die in way X, then Y will happen'

Lastly, I would point out that you have shown quite the disdain for otherkin yourself, in this very thread, which only adds to my confusion at your reaction.

BTW I'm not trying to tell you "don't be insulted", I'm just sort of confused by your reasons given.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case, the video is in roughly the same line as the comments.
Ennis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
First off, you should know better than to read comments; I read zero of them and don't have any plans to.

Also, the ending seems pretty normal for Cyanide and Happiness; fucked up black humor is how it rolls. Like, say, this skit, which isn't really making fun of people dying, but rather religious dogma that says 'if you die in way X, then Y will happen'

Lastly, I would point out that you have shown quite the disdain for otherkin yourself, in this very thread, which only adds to my confusion at your reaction.

BTW I'm not trying to tell you "don't be insulted", I'm just sort of confused by your reasons given.

I was never defending otherkin? It was the commenting about the furry/whatever character being some sort of trans* in the same sentence as some bullshit about being a pyrofox or whatever the fuck it was. People already think trans identities shouldn't be respected a lot of the time, I'm getting pissed that a well-known comedy brand (person?) is lumping being trans and otherkin together like they're both stupid things to be made fun of. I've seen lists of actually bullshit things like otherkin, fictionkin, trans*ethnic (aka white people who like anime so much they think they should have been born Japanese) and then tack genderqueer and demisexual on the end.

I've seen Cyanide and Happiness comics, which may be different to their videos, and they're pretty hit and miss. I don't think the fact that something has a black humour style is a defense in the case of an individual piece of media, unless you really need context because it's a series or something. I stated my reasons for not liking it, it wasn't "this makes fun of otherkin". My dislike of otherkin tends to be because of their appropriation of trans* lingo and claims that questioning their identies as dragons or tigers or whatever is the same as questioning a trans* person's gender identity. I have no problem with people dressing up how they want, barking if they want to, wearing collars, whatever they want to do.

I watched the religion one, it was kind of funny? It was structured a lot better for one. Honestly a lot of my dislike for the first video was it just wasn't well-made from a narrative perspective. It drags on, then suddenly oh, they're dead, she drops the bag off a bridge. Whereas the religion one has a pace and good procession of events. There's St Peter (idk, I'm just gonna assume it's St Peter) at the pearly gates. A guy arrives! He checks the book, but oh no! There's a mistake, he's not meant to be here. He has to send the dead guy back. We go to earth and see this guy with blood, but now he's alive again! The expectation is he'll be thankful and celebrate his life. But plot twist, he wanted to die, so he hangs himself, returns to heaven and apparently that short space of time was enough that now is "his time" and because apparently this heaven is Catholic, gets sent to hell because he committed suicide. This all as opposed to the fact that the "plot twist" in the first video was when we discover very soon that she's not talking about the little rodent in the frame but her son, and the rest of the video is mostly her saying the same kind of stuff to the vet who cannot be convinced to euthanise a human. So nothing comes out of that whole conversation, you could have cut it after the first "no I cannot euthanise your son" and gone to the murder.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's kinda what I'm saying. I don't think it's the intention of the authors to insult trans people, but rather they're making fun of people who insult trans-people. If Kurt (aka the pyrofox) wasn't problematic and insulting to some people, then he'd be less realistic.

Also, the conversation with the mom calls to attention shitty parents who respond inappropriately and horribly to their children's choices in life. While I have no idea what it's like to be trans and have the parental issues that can arise from it, I do have experience having my own parents rejecting pretty much most of what I hold dear, behave insanely un-empathetically (if not with outright hostility) towards my social problems (problems so severe I had to change high schools), and overall acting like unapologetic hypocrites (something they still do to this day) about things they've begrudgingly acknowledge 'may have been poor choices on their part' yet really have never apologized for.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a yog-sothothkin, I will not argue against your marginalisation of my identity.

I will, however, keep it in mind while I am digesting your soul.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 652, 653, 654 ... 660, 661, 662  Next
Page 653 of 662

Jump to: