Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anime: the good, the bad, and the WTF!?!?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ookamo wrote:
Any talk of them ever finishing off Zipang in OVA?

That was the last thing I followed, and felt burned enough when they left it hanging that I got out of anime again.

No clue on Zipang, but if you like old-timey military stuff I would super highly suggest this current season's spy thriller Joker Game. It's a very adult series in that it's geared for adults, or at least older teens, more or less seinen.

So we checked out Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- which was described as Konosuba (which I found hilarious and is getting a second season YAAY!! ) meets Erased . . . and that's fairly accurate. I totally checked it out because the description piqued my interest but damn it exceeded my expectations.

Also Bungo Stray Dogs has had me laughing my ass off everytime. I know there's all these references to Japanese authors, but I get absolutely none of them and it doesn't keep me from not enjoying this.

Boku no Hero is pretty much follow the manga perfectly, which is all it really needs to do, so I'm super pleased with it.

Also Sakamoto is also doing the same, but I don't remember the manga as well, but I'm still giggling like a fool with it.

If anyone reading this has played the Ace Attorney or Phoenix Wright games then I think you'll be impressed how well the anime has made it work. I'm diggin it.

And Rinne is back YAAAAAYYY!!

And Naruto went back to filler land -- please just end it PLEASE! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ookamo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
No clue on Zipang, but if you like old-timey military stuff I would super highly suggest this current season's spy thriller Joker Game. It's a very adult series in that it's geared for adults, or at least older teens, more or less seinen.

Actually, it wasn't the period war drama I was into. It was the more modern The Final Countdown time-travel twist that hooked me.

Prior to that, I was hooked on Macross, but that was loooong ago. Alright, I watched a little Sailor Moon too, but everyone experimented at that age...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soo this season there's some goodness.

Re: Zero is still going so that's awesome.

Alderamin on the Sky is OMFG awesome. Only two episodes so far and it's blowing me away. IT seemed like it might have been one of those 'magical high school types', but it's much, much more epic, kinda like Arslan or Akatsuki no Yona (Yona of the Dawn).

91 Days is a pretty gritty mobster series set in America during prohibition. I'm kinda guessing where it's going to go, but I'm not sure, so we'll see.

AAAAAAAAANNNDDDDD Mob Psycho 100

Go watch Mob Psycho 100.

It's by ONE, the creator of One Punch Man. The art is stylized, but overall it's an awesome comedy action series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

recommend me n' amanda an anime

watched FIRST SEASON of sword art online and enjoyed it, rest of it eh not so much

watched my hero academia and we enjoyed it when it wasn't being like 75% flashbacks telling us things we have been told a bunch already

watched code geass

watched some other shit idk
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
watched code geass

what did you think
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zero don't fuck around, and the series set some rules and stuck to them and rarely went into asspull territory, even though the scale, scope, and convolutions of the anti-Britannia league expanded fairly rapidly from underground resistance to world power. i like these things, was good series. also had robits, which amanda considers an A+ draw

we also watched attack on titan earlier. good, obviously, a pretty accommodatingly baroque horrorshow, with giant nekkid robots acting as a metaphorical stand-in to all sorts of people's real life anomie and loss of self in an overbearing society

what else? there's this one pretty operatic drama about a woman warrior taking on a prince as a charge, forget the name, appears to be super good.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
the series set some rules and stuck to them and rarely went into asspull territory

even Euphemia? i was fairly impressed by that part, but in my experience that's probably the most polarizing part of the show, either you're totally blown away by it or you're all "oh come the fuck on"
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

up till that point i had been patiently waiting for the other shoe to drop on lelouch's power, knowing that it was nearly certain that there were dire consequences to acquiring a geass that had been plainly warned about. tamer than i expected (fixed with contacts, even) but it's essentially the one point that drives the rest of the series at all, because if that accident hadn't happened, the story was essentially over
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be REALLY curious to hear your opinion on Psycho Pass -- especially the first season (not that I had anything particular against the second).

Also, if I may, two of the best form this past year would be Erased which was short and intense and Bungo Stray Dogs which is laugh my ass off funny.

Also, Since I know you've put your fair share of time into MMORPG's (and other MMO's) and you dug SAO, I would suggest Log Horizon. It's more guild/group oriented?

The Heroic Legend of Arslan has art by the great Hiromu Arakawa of Full Metal Alchemist fame, but I like her own indepent series Silver Spoon much better, but there's very different series.

As for "series you need to watch before you die" I'm just gonna throw out there Humanity has Declined, My Love Story, Death Note, Mushi Shi, and Steins;Gate.

Wait, have you watch Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood? I'm assuming you have, but if you haven't -- it's pretty damn good and should be watched before anything else.

Also, if either of you have ever watched Sailor Moon, you need to see Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! Just go in blind.

My choices may seem kinda random, but without some sort of suggestion I'm suffering from choice paralysis. Action? Comedy? both? Seriousness? Sci-fi? High fantasy? Horror? Mystery?
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes! actually. we watched Brotherhood. We enjoyed it being so much less formulaic and episodic than the other fma, which we stopped watching like five episodes in

also watched kill la kill. never seen a series of any sort start as high octane
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O M G

I was gonna say Blood Blockade Battlefront and/or Noragami -- both of which are good.

But I would REALLY super highly suggest Assassination Classroom. Like I REALLY REALLY suggest you watch it. There's only goign to be one -- maybe two more seasons of it but that's because the manga ended with a nice round 180 chapters.

No dragging it out.

No dead horse beating.

I swear to you that you just need to go with it -- by the end everything makes sense and it's sort of 'okay, I see what you did there' kinda thing.
GreekPlayer64

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone here watch jojo's bizarre adventure?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreekPlayer64 wrote:
Does anyone here watch jojo's bizarre adventure?

Nope, but I've read the manga through the first 5 parts.

BTW, for me, this is the season of sports.

Haikyuu! (volleyball), All Out (rugby), Days (soccer), and Yuri on Ice (figure skating).

I'm also REALLY super OMFG enjoying season 2 of Bungo Stray Dogs.

Also digging Nanbaka for over the top comedy.

And Drifters -- it has not disappointed. I know it won't happen anytime soon, but I can't wait for Hannibal and Scipio to start working with Nobunaga -- he's already got the saltpeter mounds going.
GreekPlayer64

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:

Nope, but I've read the manga through the first 5 parts.

Man, you need to watch it. They are currently near the end of the 4th part, with the bite the dust arc quickly approaching.
Or atleast watch the openings. They are amazing.

which is your favourite part?

who is your favourite Jojo? And why is it joseph? Kappa.
GreekPlayer64

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just saw the sun and moon anime opening. And damn I like the art style a lot.
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/799191286943129600
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 45 of 47

Jump to: