welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The goodness of fembots
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tim



Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: The goodness of fembots Reply with quote

These are recurring theme in the comic, but I'd like to talk about them in real life.

While their depiction is rather negative, I think that their introduction would tremendously better the society, having, basically, the same impact as contraception. They will cure many problems of it, deriving from disparity between gender evolutionary and societal roles (prostitution, rape, infidelity, and, by extension, STDs, etc). What do you think?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jabberjay



Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Posts: 247

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most irritating things about Sinfest is that Devilcorp only seems to make Fembots, as if women (or gay/bisexual men) wouldn't pay hand over fist for a custom-built man. If the Devil's motive is profit and social control he's fucking himself pretty hard by not diversifying. There's probably a female equivalent of Milton out there who would design them too.

OMG, Miltina and Miltion are now my new creepy OTP.

Anyway, before anyone can get into a serious conversation about created life they need to be a bit more specific as to the nature of that created life. The Fembots in Sinfest seem to be capable of sentient and sapient thought and emotion, meaning Milton likely reverse-engineered a human brain and then augmented the design rather than starting from scratch. He wouldn't have built them to be capable of self-awareness on purpose, there is no reason for him to want to, but self-aware they are.

IRL we wouldn't make self-aware for commercial production AI if we intended them to fulfill the role of a slave-race. Morality aside, that's just fucking stupid. We've all seen the Terminator movies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17092
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you say it will solve problems, but in my opinion, it will merely sidestep them. socially inept? can't relate well to potential romantic/life partners? feel the need to dominate/abuse others? get a bot!

so now you still have lonely, social inept, dysfunctional and possibly violent people around, but instead of trying to help them or integrate them into society, you are allowing them to continue with whatever problems they have. is that really curing their problems? i guess it could "cure" society of them, since they would no longer be part of the breeding population (or possibly any part of society at all) - but is that the society we want, one that gives some looked-down-on segment a pacifier and then sends them off to play by themselves?

and i'm not sure it would really do anything about infidelity or rape. many people who are unfaithful are unfaithful multiple times, with multiple people - and rapists usually don't stop at one victim. is supplying them with one bot really going to satisfy them? do you provide them with a harem? who pays the cost of that? and is the spouse really going to be ok with their mate going elsewhere, just because it isn't a "real person"? (even though it may look and sound and act like one).
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jabberjay



Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Posts: 247

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some feminist circles the idea of a fembot is denigrated as transforming a woman into a literal sex object and slave. Technically it is the reverse, transforming a sex object and slave (all machines are slaves) into a feminine morphology. They believe that having a "woman" that it is socially acceptable for men to treat like a walking onahole that cleans their houses then they might begin to expect that behaviour out of all women.

I think that might apply to some people but that kind of slippery slope logic almost never applies to most people. It's like violence and videogames; most people are stable enough to tell reality from fantasy. Besides, if some shut-in wants to enjoy a fake romance with his cyber-waifu, who are we to judge or stop them?

You don't need to enlighten the world to make it a better place, you just gotta convince people to stop thieving, abusing, raping, and murdering. While that might be one hell of a "just gotta" it's a whole lot less of one than trying to make everyone share your point of view.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6037
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberjay wrote:
(all machines are slaves)


uh, no. by definition, no.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 3239
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone who wants to abuse another being would definitely have a use for a sentient/sapient/self aware machine to toy with. And if you are lonely, knowing your companion has a real mind might make you less lonely. So those are two reasons why someone might make such robots.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mindslicer



Joined: 04 Sep 2006
Posts: 1799
Location: North of the People's Republic of Massachusetts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't Date Robots!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tim



Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberjay wrote:
One of the most irritating things about Sinfest is that Devilcorp only seems to make Fembots

Only next to it not being ye olde sinfest anymore *sigh*. Yep, malebots probably wouldn't sell as well per capita, but they still would bring some nice profit...

Quote:
The Fembots in Sinfest seem to be capable of sentient and sapient thought and emotion, meaning Milton likely reverse-engineered a human brain and then augmented the design rather than starting from scratch. He wouldn't have built them to be capable of self-awareness on purpose, there is no reason for him to want to, but self-aware they are.

I get the impression that they become self-aware (getting personality instead of following simple instructions) only after they are altered by, say, sisterhood.

mouse wrote:
you say it will solve problems, but in my opinion, it will merely sidestep them. socially inept? can't relate well to potential romantic/life partners? feel the need to dominate/abuse others? get a bot!

It will solve a very different contradiction than social ineptness (which is only caused by social inexperience derived from natural shyness and individual circumstances): which is, once again, a contradiction between biological and societal roles of human genders, simply speaking, a disparity in sexual urge between males and females, and difference in instinctive desires and conscious conclusions. It is exactly what erodes life partnership, which is known to be strengthened with sex-toys and creativity in that matter, and an imitation of desired sex would be an ultimate form of it. Not to mention that there are periods in anyone's life (no matter how socially able) when (s)he doesn't have a life partner, and in this case, the person would not be urged to look for sex in sex' sake wasting time and money on it.

Quote:
and i'm not sure it would really do anything about infidelity or rape

Rape by maniacs is a very rare case. It is most often committed by (fairly normal) members of primitive societies and lower classes, simply because they act instinctively unable to suppress their urge. In a similar way, infidelity comes from unsatisfied lust. If the said instincts are relieved, no such things would happen.

Quote:
is supplying them with one bot really going to satisfy them?

Desire of novelty is a normal thing in anyone's sexlife. Of course, industrial-grade sex robot should be highly customizable.

Quote:
is the spouse really going to be ok with their mate going elsewhere, just because it isn't a "real person"?

If the spouse is an adequate person, then obviously yes. I can't imagine who would have issues with his partner masturbating.

Quote:
who pays the cost of that?

The same who pays for everything else - himself, most probably.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17092
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim wrote:

Quote:
and i'm not sure it would really do anything about infidelity or rape

Rape by maniacs is a very rare case. It is most often committed by (fairly normal) members of primitive societies and lower classes, simply because they act instinctively unable to suppress their urge. In a similar way, infidelity comes from unsatisfied lust. If the said instincts are relieved, no such things would happen.


wow.

just......


wow.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jabberjay



Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Posts: 247

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Tim wrote:

Quote:
and i'm not sure it would really do anything about infidelity or rape

Rape by maniacs is a very rare case. It is most often committed by (fairly normal) members of primitive societies and lower classes, simply because they act instinctively unable to suppress their urge. In a similar way, infidelity comes from unsatisfied lust. If the said instincts are relieved, no such things would happen.


wow.

just......


wow.


You heard it here first, folks. The poors rape because they have more animalistic instincts!

Get this guy radio show! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samsally



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6375

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim wrote:
It is most often committed by (fairly normal) members of primitive societies and lower classes, simply because they act instinctively unable to suppress their urge.

This is like horror nightmare levels of ignorance. I honestly can't express how terrifying it is that you said that in apparent sincerity.

Tim wrote:
In a similar way, infidelity comes from unsatisfied lust. If the said instincts are relieved, no such things would happen.

This is just ridiculously oversimplified and bears no relation with any reality I've ever known.

Tim wrote:
If the spouse is an adequate person, then obviously yes. I can't imagine who would have issues with his partner masturbating.

Aaaand this is judgmental as hell to anyone who might actually exist with priorities different than your own.

This is some gross shit, dude. Like, I want to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't actually a biotruths guy, but you're gunna have to try pretty hard to convince me at this point.

*i try really hard to assume anybody isn't biotruths guy because it just makes me so sad they exist.
_________________
Samsally the GrayAce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretical Rants



Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 5344
Location: No.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS A BAD THREAD

I DO NOT LIKE THIS THREAD
_________________
butts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretical Rants



Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 5344
Location: No.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
biotruths


BIOTRUTH: MY CONTINUED EXISTENCE IS CURRENTLY ENTIRELY DEPENDENT UPON A SLOWLY SELF-DEGRADING MASS OF SQUISHY BITS
_________________
butts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jabberjay



Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Posts: 247

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AGREE.

WE SHOULD SKIP FEMBOTS ALL-TOGETHER AND INVENT SEXY HOLOGRAMS.



TALK ABOUT A HILF! <3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6037
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait wait is tim going to write a panegyric to his own spooge like that one guy did because that was hilarious
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group