welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strip 7/17: Does the church want you stupid? Absolutely!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sojobo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin wrote:
I meant you guys.

Oh! But I'm pretty sure I answered that already:
Sojobo wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zorlond wrote:
Actually, I doubt He'd bother with crispy-fying the 'holy commerce' junk. Think about it: Why create Lucifer at all? Why create a Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil? He does things for a reason, and in this case, I'd stay it has to do with the evolution of the soul. Darwin caught on to the mechanism as it applies to the physical body, but the concept can also apply to morality.

And the key to any evolution is removal of the weak. Sickness, weakness, and in this case, predators...

Pffft, everybody knows that all this evilution junk is bologna! It's all made up! Have you ever seen a bird with half a wing? God wouldn't have anything to do with that, it's all a lie created by atheists, who themselves were under the influence of Mama Vatican, those Baal worshipists! The trail leads clearly from evolution to Satan.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half a wing isn't nearly as bad as half an eye! All your vitreous humour would spill out!
HamletSr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Zorlond wrote:
Actually, I doubt He'd bother with crispy-fying the 'holy commerce' junk. Think about it: Why create Lucifer at all? Why create a Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil? He does things for a reason, and in this case, I'd stay it has to do with the evolution of the soul. Darwin caught on to the mechanism as it applies to the physical body, but the concept can also apply to morality.

And the key to any evolution is removal of the weak. Sickness, weakness, and in this case, predators...

Pffft, everybody knows that all this evilution junk is bologna! It's all made up! Have you ever seen a bird with half a wing? God wouldn't have anything to do with that, it's all a lie created by atheists, who themselves were under the influence of Mama Vatican, those Baal worshipists! The trail leads clearly from evolution to Satan.

bologna is so delicious it must have been intellegently designed
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear the ingredients are irreducibly complex.
Uncle Bebby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what's so mysterious about mystery meat.

I really don't.
invisiblechild

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my belly hurts
Katrin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sojobo wrote:
Katrin wrote:
I meant you guys.

Oh! But I'm pretty sure I answered that already:
Sojobo wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

If you meant that Seymour was not the representation of people taking God too seriously, I'd have to agree.

When you're mocking something, you don't exactly have to take their position precisely.

Sojobo wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zorlond wrote:
Jinx wrote:
Zorlond wrote:
I recall wandering into those old forums one day, saw someone had made a comment on the comic, and everybody (and I do mean everybody) took turns flaming him into oblivion. And they weren't even pissed over what he said. They were pissed that he dared to mention the Sinfest comic on the Sinfest forums. [sarcasm] Yeah, real beautiful, man. [/sarcasm] I'm quite surprised Tatsuya never did a comic mocking that behavior. Because it was so freakin' ripe, man. And he'd've had you dead to rights, just like he's got organized religion dead to rights now.

I don't know what specific incident of which you are speaking, but I suspect we were sarcastically making fun of ourselves for the fact that about 1% of the threads on the old forum were about the comic.

Of course, without sarcasm tags in our posts, I can see how you would have missed that.

After 4-5 pages of non-stop flame posts, sarcasm tags wouldn't have meant a damn thing.

Ya know, if you linked to what you were talking about we might not dismiss it out of hand. The only time I can think of that people really started flaming another was when this guy took a sinfest comic and merged it with a Family Circus strip and didn't credit Tat. 'Course I have only been here a year.
Katrin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is a comic called Sinfest, flaming is bound to happen.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin wrote:
Well it is a comic called Sinfest, flaming is bound to happen.

YEAH BUT NOT 'TIL AFTER YOU DIE!
Jinx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zorlond wrote:
Jinx wrote:
Zorlond wrote:
I recall wandering into those old forums one day, saw someone had made a comment on the comic, and everybody (and I do mean everybody) took turns flaming him into oblivion. And they weren't even pissed over what he said. They were pissed that he dared to mention the Sinfest comic on the Sinfest forums. [sarcasm] Yeah, real beautiful, man. [/sarcasm] I'm quite surprised Tatsuya never did a comic mocking that behavior. Because it was so freakin' ripe, man. And he'd've had you dead to rights, just like he's got organized religion dead to rights now.

I don't know what specific incident of which you are speaking, but I suspect we were sarcastically making fun of ourselves for the fact that about 1% of the threads on the old forum were about the comic.

Of course, without sarcasm tags in our posts, I can see how you would have missed that.

After 4-5 pages of non-stop flame posts, sarcasm tags wouldn't have meant a damn thing.

LOL

Beautifully amusing, on multiple levels.
Desire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zorlond wrote:

I find it funny how you just wandered in one day and just assumed you knew what was going on. Laughing

I don't think I've ever seen everybody in a single thread flame someone for at least 4-5 years. Even when we have bad trolls there's always people saying we should just ignore them or who just use it as an excuse to spam things up.

I too, would be interested in seeing the link.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god. Oh god I just can't resist...

Dear Zorlond,
I think you may have missed something. Perhaps this will help clarify things:

Jinx wrote:
Zorlond wrote:

[SARCASM]Of course, without sarcasm tags in our posts, I can see how you would have missed that.[/SARCASM]
Katrin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, god, you are a genius.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: