Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats so special about... ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemontree

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhqwhgads wrote:
Lemontree wrote:
Is that based off the TV show?
Sort of. It's pretty much a fanboy booklet; tells you some major sites and various locations where they shot particular episodes, etc...

Soo.... Yes.

Maybe I shouldn't buy it though. A friend of mine who probably wouldn't have the money to come on the trip, would be jumping down my throat if she saw that book. I only know about the show because of her fangirling over it.

Although it is a cute show if you sit down to watch it.
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Virgin trains. They're always late, but they're comfortable, and you never ever have to pay. You can get from London Euston to, say, Newcastle in two-and-a-half hours.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has been making aspersions about London in my absence?

I will never understand such madness.

London is dirty and smelly and loud and all those other things but itís just so utterly overflowing with life I canít imagine how anyone can fail to love it. The humanity and history and culture and personality and sheer fucking weirdness packed into every inch of the great squares and dark back alleys of central London is almost too much for me sometimes. I try to picture it and I just canít hold it all in my head at once. Thereís too much awesome.

It sounds overblown but I genuinely think London is everything that's great about life.
Lemontree

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Taylorbell wrote:
Use Virgin trains. They're always late, but they're comfortable, and you never ever have to pay. You can get from London Euston to, say, Newcastle in two-and-a-half hours.

Virgin has their hands into everything, don't they? I thought they were strictly media related until I saw bottles of wine with their logo on them in my local grocery store last night.

But damn, the Virgin Trains website is super informative. And you're right about them being dirt cheap. If these are the kind of prices I can expect, I don't see the problem at all. ... Am I missing the part where I "never ever have to pay" though? o_0
richardtock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know. Jump on and hope.

Cheepest way to travel is by national express coach. Well, it depends. The rail network is pretty fucked and can be a bit of an arse if your new to the contry with changing stations and things.

I just find London smelly horrible and threatening. Considering I go to university in Nottingham and live in Hull, and i don't feel threatend in those places... Still, theres always a good gig on.

I can't see why you'd want to come here, though.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemontree wrote:
Uncle Taylorbell wrote:

Virgin has their hands into everything, don't they? I thought they were strictly media related until I saw bottles of wine with their logo on them in my local grocery store last night.

Virgin records, virgin megastores, virgin mobile, virgin credit cards, virgin radio, virgin cola, virgin cars, virgin trains, virgin airlines, and coming soon, virgin spaceships. No seriously.

richardtock wrote:
I just find London smelly horrible and threatening.

You nancy boy.
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, the first thing you did upon discovering I'd be heading your way was challenge me to a fight to the death, and you're surprised that people are afraid of London?
Guccipiggy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE LONDON.

I mean, my hotel room's pretty awesome so far.
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guccipiggy wrote:
I LOVE LONDON.

I mean, my hotel room's pretty awesome so far.

THEN PERHAPS YOU SHOULD STAY ANOTHER 3 WEEKS, STEPHANIE.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey steph, I totally meant to meet up with you but I forgot. How much longer are you here?

Last edited by Teh Digital Dragon on Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guccipiggy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, you could come here and stay for a week Feet. Catch me just as I'm leaving and catch Kara right when she gets here.

ALSO, TDD, DO NOT IGNORE YOUR PMS.
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Digital Dragon wrote:
Thatís different, itís the demands of honour and shit.

No sir, you were just drunk and violent.

Kinda strengthens my original point doesn't it? Very Happy

EDIT: I'm probably only spending the day in London before fleeing to Wales to avoid Digi catching me on the streets alone, which is why you should stay another 3 weeks and hang out with me and Kara.

Last edited by Feiticeira on Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guccipiggy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here until the 29th at 4 pm.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, let's all go live in a village in norfolk where we'll never have to worry about violent drunks dueling in the streets, diabolical death cults or black people.

But it won't be as much fun.
Guccipiggy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feiticeira wrote:
I'm probably only spending the day in London before fleeing to Wales to avoid Digi catching me on the streets alone, which is why you should stay another 3 weeks and hang out with me and Kara.

You should be grateful that I was leaving on the 26th and changed the date dammit. I HAVE STUFF TO DO. LIKE START WORKING ON GRADUATING ON TIME. AND STUFF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: