welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The creator slumbers. 12/17/06
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fnorder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Lord formed all things both living and not. And he created them so that some 6% of the mammals were homosexual. And he created Men and Women, and also, about 4-6% homosexual exclusively, not bi, not hetero, not auto or asexual.

And all was fine, until the time came that Mankind ate the Fruit. And they started judging each other, telling each other what's right and what's wrong, flaming each other on forums and behaving as if the Lord wasn't there. And the preasuure of the majority of people doing this caused the homosexuals to hide.

And God saw this and asked 'By Jove, why are thou hiding in this closed'

And they replied 'For it is a sin, immoral and unnatural'

And God replied 'Says who?'

And again they replied the Lord 'Our brothers and sisters who much better know what you mean when You say things, oh Lord'

'Jesus Christ...'

And there was Jesus. He walked upon Eden turned by people judging other people and knowing better what's right and what's wrong into living Heck. And he told them not to judge. He told them to love each other. He blessed those who were tora-bashed, and flamed. And that God <3 all of them.

And then they judged him and nailed to a piece of wood. Which he did't find funny, since he was a carpenter and nailing things to wood was his whole life.

And since Men and Women were created silly, after killing him they started worshiping him, his piece of wood, his 12 best friends (one of whom he didn't actually know but what the Heck) and his momma.

And by worshiping they understood more judging, telling each other thay understand Him better and therefore are guided by the Spirit, and therefore understand Him better. And they started holy wars, hilarious trials and fights on the internets.

edited for typos (i hope)
kame

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 10 years, when everyone is talking/typing in a monosybollic, vowel-inferred bastard child of english, people will look back on this thread as a standard bearer of reasoned discourse.

Just kidding. Ms. Frisby, <3, and lot's of it.

And in the words of Marge Simpson, "sigh... here we go again."
Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story, Fnorder.

Fnorder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Mellows sig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaYJ-Fevoic
PeteMoss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fnorder wrote:
@ Mellows sig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaYJ-Fevoic

Fnorder, I really like you!
Your few posts have really been very good.
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, déja vu!

MsFrisby wrote:
All of them? The Koran, the Talmud, the Baghavad Gita, the Analects, the Veda and all the other holy written books? As well as all translations of the Bible?

With all due respect, you know as well as I do that, out of those, only the Bible, Kuran, and Talmud are called religions of the book.

With Mellow having an issue with polygamic or androgamic societies, one has to consider the next logical step being that one is wed to his religion; the logical step papist took. So to whoever asked, my guess is Mellow is a catholic monk, obviously not of the Trappist order, or must suffer from religious illogism deep in his heart, never a good thing Razz .

Now what, popcorn or puppies?
MellowFish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

puppies. definitely. I am fat and dont need any popcorn. And celibacy is just silly: babies are so adorable and fun (coming from someone who has never raised any)
Major Tom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam the Eagle wrote:
MsFrisby wrote:
All of them? The Koran, the Talmud, the Baghavad Gita, the Analects, the Veda and all the other holy written books? As well as all translations of the Bible?

With all due respect, you know as well as I do that, out of those, only the Bible, Kuran, and Talmud are called religions of the book.

no one but you mentioned "religions of the book", whatever you mean to signify by that.

clovefoot, himself, actually said something about:
MellowFish wrote:
people dont doubt who god has revealed himself as in scriptures. They argue about where to go from there.

"scriptures"
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleasure to help :

Religions of the Book are those, mentionned above, who are "revealed" to a prophet by either the higbie himself or one of his otherwordly associate, whatever the nature of said prophet according to that religion. It's a specific feature of those religions that said prophets "received" the teaching from otherwordly sources even when they couldn't write, like in the case of Muhammad who was an analphabet. Also they are concentrated on a semitic (using the geographic meaning) area and postulate that the world must have an origin and an end; both events due to an act of said highbie.

Unlike those, the other religions are not entirely based on scriptures, e.g Hindusim or all of the elder, polytheistics, religions. Before you throw Buddishm to my face, I will point out that it was first a philosophy which has been transformed into a religion. Many eastern and old religions, like Hinduism, also doesn't postulate a beginning and an end of the world but a cycle, Brahma's dream for Hinduism out of memory may be wrong, in which we live. Transmigration of the soul is also often a tenet in those religions, unlike the revealed one when you only have one shot.

Mellow might understand the word Jainism (e.g) but would hardly recognize it's tenets, no offence meant. Hence Ms Frisby's question can be narrowed to : which of the three Books was he refering to?.

Corrolary being : knowing why would one have to believe one of these books instead of the others would be of interest too.

I think it's a valid question.

[edit] spelling.
PinkSpider43

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam the Eagle wrote:

Corrolary being : knowing why would one have to believe one of these books instead of the others would be of interest too.
I believe that is exactly what we were asking Mr. Fish, Mr. Sam.
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkSpider43 wrote:
Sam the Eagle wrote:

I believe that is exactly what we were asking Mr. Fish, Mr. Sam.

M. Pink,

Please reread the churbot 53 ish long thread if you can. Whenever Mellow is concerned, the true scotsman rule apply. To corner him into an arguable position, you must leave no room for misunderstanding or any loophole. Ms Fisby's post left some openings which he could use to avoid the whole point, as he is fond to whenever he doesn't feel like answering. Being there, done that. He will pick apart your reply and use the part he feel like replying to while ignoring your main point.

It's tedious, I agree, but necessary nonetheless with Mellow.
PinkSpider43

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam the Eagle wrote:

M. Pink,

Please reread the churbot 53 ish long thread if you can. Whenever Mellow is concerned, the true scotsman rule apply. To corner him into an arguable position, you must leave no room for misunderstanding or any loophole. Ms Fisby's post left some openings which he could use to avoid the whole point, as he is fond to whenever he doesn't feel like answering. Being there, done that. He will pick apart your reply and use the part he feel like replying to while ignoring your main point.

It's tedious, I agree, but necessary nonetheless with Mellow.
Yeah, I've read it. That's why I am under the distinct impression that logic of any kind does not apply to the Mellow Fish.

I've also done my own experiments, by trying to explain ethical egoism to him in order to get him to understand his own logic a little better.

So therefore, I have come to the conclusion that arguing with Mellowfish should only be something you do as long as it amuses you, because he is impervioius to ANY form of reason, no matter how well thought out.
kame

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You base your entire reason for being on one idea, no matter how ridiculous and unlikely, and it can be impossible to give it up.

It takes a great deal of personal courage to question your own beliefs, even more to change them. Until you actually do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: