welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sinfesters' Pet Picture Post!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Natashabi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Natashabi wrote:
Marco looks mean in this pic, but he's really sweet. He's just not very good at being a cat.

ok, you need to explain this. was he raised by monkeys, or is he currently working on being a dog, or what?

Well, he doesn't have that aloof nature cats usually have. He can't sit or move with proper cat decorum. He's just not particularly cat-like. I'm not saying he's like any other type of creature, he's just not the typical cat.

*shrug*

It's sort of a joke we have around our house.
Cap'n Lazarus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mousie, you probably don't want to know.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nono, i need to know _everything_ about cats -'knowledge is power', that kinda thing.

and no negative meaning intended, natashabi - my fred has his less-than-competent-cat moments - he squeaks when he's really upset, he falls off things a lot...stuff like that. poor little man, the world sometimes just seems too complicated for him.

oh, and i love the new sig. Very Happy

Last edited by mouse on Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Natashabi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We laugh at him about it all the time. H's always falling off stuff, or letting his tail drape into something it shouldn't, like a dinner plate (yes, we let him sit on the table during dinner, sometimes). He's also very accomplished at clearing off the coffee table in the living room just by stretching and rolling while he's lounging.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like fred and _his_ tail - which he always seems intent on draping over my breakfast. he manages to clear things off just with the tail.

i suspect he got it from a golden retriever.
bottm_angel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe Smile

WhupAs101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one besides moneky and the dove that has birdies? Sad
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, my cats bring home birdies...but they don't stick around long Sad

on my crazier days, i am tempted to bathe the kittens, just to see how much of them there really is....so far, my good sense (and instinct for self-preservation) has always stopped me.
Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the imagery of a tiny mousey with a big ol' brush trying to scrub a big ol' cat just popped into my head.
OriginalCrazyone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I stuck the pic in the wrong thread, but these are my boys, Smokey and Oreo...

We adopted them when a former roomate abandoned them on us when she moved to texas... but I am glad she did, don't know what I would do without my boys... they are somewhere around 5 or 6 years old now...

I also have a pet painted turtle, but don't have any pics of her yet... found her in the middle of the road in the country, and brought her home and gave her my old fish tank to live in...

my mom has a pet shiz-tsu... I haven't been able to get attached to a dog since my half dotson/half dutchhund named beau passed away about 7 years ago with kidney failure at the age of 12... he looked like a miniture dobie... and I swear the dog was able to say the words hi, I love you, and aw mom... the first time he did this was while my mom and I was in an arguement... needless to say, the arguement ended when he looked at us and said aw mom! Smile

Smokey earned his name... the first time the roomate brought him to the house, someone (okay, it was me) was smoking a doobie, and he sat on my chest and would not move till the trees were gone Smile oreo is the opposite in this respect... he doesn't care for any kind of smoke, cigarette or otherwise, and will immediately leave the room if anyone is smoking.

-OcO-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jwing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Benny wrote:
the imagery of a tiny mousey with a big ol' brush trying to scrub a big ol' cat just popped into my head.

You mean like this?

Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jwing, I love you.
Flion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing difficult about bathing cats. In fact, they secretly like it. Case in point: Cats In Sinks.

Seriously, I have always bathed my indoor cats. It takes a knack, but it's not difficult. A silver persian I once owned actually liked it, sort of. I'd bathe and Regis (named after a Darkover character, not the TV dude) would make laps around the rim of the cast iron tub my apartment had, knowing that I'd dump him in when I got out. The actual bath was an ordeal, but then he'd sit (usually on my formerly dry bed) and groom and positively strut at being so clean. Next bath time, there he was again, so I assume he at least liked being clean, if not the actual bath process.
DocForbin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my cat Laptop, who lives at the print shop my family owns. We took him in three years ago in a cold, wet, rainy day in June when he was being chased by a big, black cat. He leaped into my stepfather's car, and the rest is history.

Lappy's all right, but sometimes he thinks he's a cougar and tries to attack us. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: