welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sinfesters' Pet Picture Post!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bottm_angel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three, the one new the water faucet is Jack. He died of a tumor last year Sad

Trevor Smile

Windsor Smile
scillystuff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Jack died. Three of the rats in the picture have checked out since it was taken last year, one just yesterday. It sometimes feels like rent-a-rat when they are rescue cases and are sometimes already 2 years old when we get them.

Your animals are cute, are they ferrets, or something more exotic? I read the names quickly and expected the last one to be called Dougal Smile
bottm_angel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're ferrets; for some reason they don't quite seem as smart as rats Razz

I think the most rats I've ever had at one time was six, all of which were rescues. So they were all different sizes and ages and it took a bit of guess work to figure them out.

I'm sorry about your losses, especially the recent one. They have such short lives in comparison to other animals. I think that's one of the main reasons I have ferrets, dogs and cats now.
Sklent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flion wrote:
Sklent wrote:
*image*

This is an artsy shot of my cat Artoo, which is the only one I have handy. She likes roll around on the ground while I pet her neck, but she's kind of stupid so she'll end up juuuust out of my reach when she flops down.

That's a cat game known to humans as "Kitty-come-here". I finally trained Lunch out of it by refusing to play; when he rolls out of reach, the petting stops.

I am curious, though. "Artoo"? Is your cat a talker? Lunch makes an amazing range of chirps and purrs and meows, and I can see someone comparing that to the articulate robot from Star Wars. I've only had one other cat that was like that; mostly he'd chirp alot. At bedtime, it was amusing to hear him; he'd hit the foot of the bed with a chirp and with every footfall there'd be another syncronized chirp until he collapsed in his spot with a final loud chirp-Ooomph! I teased him for it (not that he cared or understood) but I missed it when he was gone.

The name does refer to R2-D2. We've made it a tradition to name all our cats after Star Wars characters. Or, at least, my sister did. She doesn't really share any qualities with the robot (there's no amputee inside) other than the name.

And yeah, I've stopped petting her once she gets out of range, but it's still kind of irritating to see her roll around cluelessly for about a minute before she gets the hint.
ZiGz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dear Tasha shortly before she passed away from Osteosarcoma (bone cancer).

****adopted by Halfpint****
Sklent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are beautiful dogs, yet at the same time so fucking scary.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that unless they're maltreated, or TRAINED as guard dogs, they tend to have a demeanor much like a golden retriever. Loving, goofy, maybe a little stupid.
Kilgore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, every rottweiler I've met has been a total sweetheart.

-Slick
crossbow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad i want a weasel, too! or, ferret, whatever. animals without collar-bones! i will train them for revenge.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be NO having your pet weasels chew the throats out of your enemies while they sleep. BAD!
Flion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww. Fur-snakes soooo cute! Razz I love watching them sleep in a pile.

Last night we got an extreme thunderstorm and Lunch got all twitchy (usually storms don't bother him). He especially seemed bothered by "bed-mice"; I'd be watching tv and I'd move my feet and he'd freak. It's not a game he usually plays, since he spends so much time under the covers himself. Anyway, when the lights went out, he went for some water and when he came back to bed he hopped up and stepped over my foot. I couldn't resist; I twitched my toes. He leapt up so violently he came down on the footboard and eventually, after much frantic scrambling, ended up on the floor. I felt bad because I hadn't expected that much reaction or consequence, but I was laughing so hard it was a couple of minutes before I could go out an pet him in the living room where he was indignantly stalking around. It took about 10 minutes to get him to go back to the bedroom, where he proceeded to stomp stiff-legged around before settling.

This morning he seems over it and is a lump under the covers at the foot of the bed. Cats. Hmmmph. I just dunno... <shakes>
ZiGz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:
Yeah, every rottweiler I've met has been a total sweetheart.

Thats what I found as well, as long as they are well adjusted and introduced to other animals at an early age.

****adopted by Halfpint****
Valp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most aggressive trait I've seen in a Rottweiler was from a friends two year old boy Alfons. He used to park his ass on a persons foot and refuse to move until he or she gave him a good scratching behind his ears.
John Mytton

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crossbow wrote:
Sad i want a weasel, too! or, ferret, whatever. animals without collar-bones! i will train them for revenge.
bottm_angel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mytton wrote:
crossbow wrote:

That's a bit unfair... they aren't that vicious!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: