welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ice Cream - So good, it can be a cake.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bun bun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usagi Miyamoto wrote:
I have two words for all those weird Japanese flavors of ice cream, like green tea, black sesame, pickled plum and natto.
DAI KIRAI.

OK, umeboshi and natto I totally agree. But if you knock kurogoma or matcha, you ARE FIXING FOR A BEATIN'. Hardcore.
Billiam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, how'd I miss this thread?

When things go wrong, and I need to curl up on the couch in front of the tube, I reach for a bit of the Monkey

Celaeno

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usagi, I used to think you were so cool. Then I found out you hate green tea ice cream. You lost at least 23 cool points in my book.

But you ice cream aficionados will be pleased to hear that I had ice cream-ish things not once but three times yesterday. I had a TCBY orange sorbet, a homemade banana milkshake, and a Yummi Yogurt vanilla-chocolate swirl cone.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my weakness for icecream has always been strictly attached to the spirit of the the word "rich"

sorbet is the realm of flavors that cannot survive a dense experience.

inject air; prepare to die.

other than that, chocolate.
Usagi Miyamoto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

naughty

Last edited by Usagi Miyamoto on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dusty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usagi Miyamoto wrote:
Celaeno wrote:
Usagi, I used to think you were so cool. Then I found out you hate green tea ice cream. You lost at least 23 cool points in my book.

I'm not sure how I'll live with this knowledge, but I'll have to suffer through somehow. The fact is, things like tea, mint, parsley, cilantro, and lemongrass make my stomach very unhappy, and even just smelling mint can make my tummy cramp up. I have to avoid the grocery aisle where the tea is, because the smell makes me feel ill. Believe me, I'd rather not be this way - it's a pain at restaurants.

I had some Rock And Pop ice cream at the Baskin Robbins Friday. Tasty!

in japan they have the soft serve kind like we have chocolate and vanilla here. except its green tea and vanilla. super delicious
crossbow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in the same boat as fiona, ice cream makes me really sick. not that that stops me at all from eating it, or anything, sugar shuts down my common sense. rose-flavored soft cream in japan smelled nice and tasted like nothing at all, and birthday cake ice cream from stewarts was the good kind of disgusting. and sherbet rocks my world.
HamletSr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I was at a thai resteraunt and someone ordered something strange. it was little lumps of ice cream encased in rice flour. the overall effect was intensely familiar but not at all easily placed. it was fantastic and fantastically wierd. can someone help me out with what it is that i ate? i would like to know more of it.
Bart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this must have already been said, but go to italy for good ice cream.

If you disagree with the above statement you do not really love ice cream.
Celaeno

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamletSr wrote:
Last night I was at a thai resteraunt and someone ordered something strange. it was little lumps of ice cream encased in rice flour. the overall effect was intensely familiar but not at all easily placed. it was fantastic and fantastically wierd. can someone help me out with what it is that i ate? i would like to know more of it.

Mochi ice cream, I'm assuming.
Natashabi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart wrote:
I know this must have already been said, but go to italy for good ice cream.

If you disagree with the above statement you do not really love ice cream.

One of the ice creams I mentioned is made here in San Antonio by a guy named Justin, who is from Italy. He makes the best ice cream/gelato/sorbet in town, if not in the state and he makes it all right at the shop in small batches.

Quote:
The Food
President Clinton declared the mango-flavored ice cream to be a national treasure and had it served at both of his inaugurations. Elvis would have loved the chili caramel and sweet onion flavors. Justin's own favorite is the caramel apple. He also makes ice cream from local or regional in-season fruits, including Poteet strawberries and Fredricksburg peaches.

here
HamletSr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celaeno wrote:
HamletSr wrote:

Mochi ice cream, I'm assuming.

yes! mochi! excellent. that was indeed what this stuff was called. Thank you.
Cap'n Lazarus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, you could just go back to the place, order more of the stuff and pay attention this time.

And you'd get More!
bun bun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usagi Miyamoto wrote:
Celaeno wrote:

I'm not sure how I'll live with this knowledge, but I'll have to suffer through somehow. The fact is, things like tea, mint, parsley, cilantro, and lemongrass make my stomach very unhappy, and even just smelling mint can make my tummy cramp up. I have to avoid the grocery aisle where the tea is, because the smell makes me feel ill. Believe me, I'd rather not be this way - it's a pain at restaurants.

you know, usagi, i couldn't live your life. sigh.
maniac_wolfman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bun bun wrote:
Usagi Miyamoto wrote:
Celaeno wrote:

you know, usagi, i couldn't live your life. sigh.

Especially in Japan...

Man, what happens if a person in Japan has that tea allergy?

Mercy killing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: