welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ice Cream - So good, it can be a cake.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bun bun
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usagi Miyamoto wrote:
I have two words for all those weird Japanese flavors of ice cream, like green tea, black sesame, pickled plum and natto.
DAI KIRAI.

OK, umeboshi and natto I totally agree. But if you knock kurogoma or matcha, you ARE FIXING FOR A BEATIN'. Hardcore.
Back to top
Billiam



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 34
Location: 6 mi N of Seattle Fault

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, how'd I miss this thread?

When things go wrong, and I need to curl up on the couch in front of the tube, I reach for a bit of the Monkey


_________________
A professional what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Celaeno



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3031
Location: Kzoo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usagi, I used to think you were so cool. Then I found out you hate green tea ice cream. You lost at least 23 cool points in my book.


But you ice cream aficionados will be pleased to hear that I had ice cream-ish things not once but three times yesterday. I had a TCBY orange sorbet, a homemade banana milkshake, and a Yummi Yogurt vanilla-chocolate swirl cone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Major Tom



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 7562

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my weakness for icecream has always been strictly attached to the spirit of the the word "rich"


sorbet is the realm of flavors that cannot survive a dense experience.


inject air; prepare to die.


other than that, chocolate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Usagi Miyamoto



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 2226
Location: wish you were here

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

naughty
_________________
The reward for a good life is a good life.


Last edited by Usagi Miyamoto on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dusty



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 650

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usagi Miyamoto wrote:
Celaeno wrote:
Usagi, I used to think you were so cool. Then I found out you hate green tea ice cream. You lost at least 23 cool points in my book.


I'm not sure how I'll live with this knowledge, but I'll have to suffer through somehow. The fact is, things like tea, mint, parsley, cilantro, and lemongrass make my stomach very unhappy, and even just smelling mint can make my tummy cramp up. I have to avoid the grocery aisle where the tea is, because the smell makes me feel ill. Believe me, I'd rather not be this way - it's a pain at restaurants.

I had some Rock And Pop ice cream at the Baskin Robbins Friday. Tasty!


in japan they have the soft serve kind like we have chocolate and vanilla here. except its green tea and vanilla. super delicious
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crossbow
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in the same boat as fiona, ice cream makes me really sick. not that that stops me at all from eating it, or anything, sugar shuts down my common sense. rose-flavored soft cream in japan smelled nice and tasted like nothing at all, and birthday cake ice cream from stewarts was the good kind of disgusting. and sherbet rocks my world.
Back to top
HamletSr



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 241
Location: The Illustrated Guide to Diagnostic Tests

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I was at a thai resteraunt and someone ordered something strange. it was little lumps of ice cream encased in rice flour. the overall effect was intensely familiar but not at all easily placed. it was fantastic and fantastically wierd. can someone help me out with what it is that i ate? i would like to know more of it.
_________________
-HamletSr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bart



Joined: 22 Jul 2006
Posts: 1572

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this must have already been said, but go to italy for good ice cream.

If you disagree with the above statement you do not really love ice cream.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Celaeno



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3031
Location: Kzoo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamletSr wrote:
Last night I was at a thai resteraunt and someone ordered something strange. it was little lumps of ice cream encased in rice flour. the overall effect was intensely familiar but not at all easily placed. it was fantastic and fantastically wierd. can someone help me out with what it is that i ate? i would like to know more of it.

Mochi ice cream, I'm assuming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Natashabi



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 390
Location: Tejas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart wrote:
I know this must have already been said, but go to italy for good ice cream.

If you disagree with the above statement you do not really love ice cream.


One of the ice creams I mentioned is made here in San Antonio by a guy named Justin, who is from Italy. He makes the best ice cream/gelato/sorbet in town, if not in the state and he makes it all right at the shop in small batches.

Quote:
The Food
President Clinton declared the mango-flavored ice cream to be a national treasure and had it served at both of his inaugurations. Elvis would have loved the chili caramel and sweet onion flavors. Justin's own favorite is the caramel apple. He also makes ice cream from local or regional in-season fruits, including Poteet strawberries and Fredricksburg peaches.


here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HamletSr



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 241
Location: The Illustrated Guide to Diagnostic Tests

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celaeno wrote:
HamletSr wrote:
Last night I was at a thai resteraunt and someone ordered something strange. it was little lumps of ice cream encased in rice flour. the overall effect was intensely familiar but not at all easily placed. it was fantastic and fantastically wierd. can someone help me out with what it is that i ate? i would like to know more of it.

Mochi ice cream, I'm assuming.


yes! mochi! excellent. that was indeed what this stuff was called. Thank you.
_________________
-HamletSr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cap'n Lazarus



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 473
Location: Denver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, you could just go back to the place, order more of the stuff and pay attention this time.

And you'd get More!
_________________
A government's principal occupation lies in curtailing and eliminating the natural freedoms of its citizens and then flimflamming them into paying for the service. ....Thorax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bun bun
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usagi Miyamoto wrote:
Celaeno wrote:
Usagi, I used to think you were so cool. Then I found out you hate green tea ice cream. You lost at least 23 cool points in my book.


I'm not sure how I'll live with this knowledge, but I'll have to suffer through somehow. The fact is, things like tea, mint, parsley, cilantro, and lemongrass make my stomach very unhappy, and even just smelling mint can make my tummy cramp up. I have to avoid the grocery aisle where the tea is, because the smell makes me feel ill. Believe me, I'd rather not be this way - it's a pain at restaurants.

I had some Rock And Pop ice cream at the Baskin Robbins Friday. Tasty!

you know, usagi, i couldn't live your life. sigh.
Back to top
maniac_wolfman



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 628

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bun bun wrote:
Usagi Miyamoto wrote:
Celaeno wrote:
Usagi, I used to think you were so cool. Then I found out you hate green tea ice cream. You lost at least 23 cool points in my book.


I'm not sure how I'll live with this knowledge, but I'll have to suffer through somehow. The fact is, things like tea, mint, parsley, cilantro, and lemongrass make my stomach very unhappy, and even just smelling mint can make my tummy cramp up. I have to avoid the grocery aisle where the tea is, because the smell makes me feel ill. Believe me, I'd rather not be this way - it's a pain at restaurants.

I had some Rock And Pop ice cream at the Baskin Robbins Friday. Tasty!

you know, usagi, i couldn't live your life. sigh.


Especially in Japan...

Man, what happens if a person in Japan has that tea allergy?

Mercy killing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group