welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It is Trip time: Texas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mytton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
You live in Katy, right? ::doesn't remember:: When do you get your license anyway? Maybe we could pick you up and play some pool or something. You must want to see Uncle Benny. I don't know anyone that doesn't.

Maybe you should come a month later.

Because then I'll have it.
CopperTop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Benny wrote:
It's the weekend, dear, it's really not that bad.

unless you work on the weekend, then that sucks...

is therea a specific location I should show up at, or do I just drive around Houston and get wrecked by the crazies living there?

I have to transport my dear brother to DFW airport so he can start his vacation on the 28th.

Besides, I sincerely doubt my beat to Hell 95 Jeep would make it to Houston and back.
HobbesTheTiger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas is on the same continent as Ohio- you could stop on by Smile.
Cap'n Lazarus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CopperTop wrote:
Uncle Benny wrote:
It's the weekend, dear, it's really not that bad.

unless you work on the weekend, then that sucks...

is therea a specific location I should show up at, or do I just drive around Houston and get wrecked by the crazies living there?

I have to transport my dear brother to DFW airport so he can start his vacation on the 28th.

Besides, I sincerely doubt my beat to Hell 95 Jeep would make it to Houston and back.

Just worry about gettting TO Houston, the rest will come to pass.
Irinei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being someone who lives in Houston, I can't conceive of any sane, logical reason to want to travel here. FLEE WHILE YOU CAN.

I will be permanently vacating this hot, miserable city next month for a cold, miserable one known as Seattle. Anyone know much of the city and have suggestions for points of interest?
quitejaded

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iri, you need to go live elsewhere. You are obviously in the wrong place if you hate any sort of heat. I, however, hate any sort of cold. Dallas is the place for me.
Natashabi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irinei wrote:
Being someone who lives in Houston, I can't conceive of any sane, logical reason to want to travel here. FLEE WHILE YOU CAN.

I will be permanently vacating this hot, miserable city next month for a cold, miserable one known as Seattle. Anyone know much of the city and have suggestions for points of interest?

*is jealous*

I would give anything to go to Seattle.

I lived there for 7 years. It's an awesome city, and don't believe anyone who tells you it's miserable, especially not at this time of year. I know lots of fun things in the city, it just depends on what you're looking for.

I just got back from 2 nights in Austin, the first time I've spent more than 5 hours there within my memory. Quite an experience. I can definately tell that living there will be enjoyable.
Kilgore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiona, I am a hard working baquet waiter at a local country club.

Depending on the financing involved (go-go $99 fares!) I might be persuaded to pop over sometime in the infant days of 2007. Keep me updated, but don't hold your breath.

-Slick
Irinei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natashabi wrote:

*is jealous*

I would give anything to go to Seattle.

I lived there for 7 years. It's an awesome city, and don't believe anyone who tells you it's miserable, especially not at this time of year. I know lots of fun things in the city, it just depends on what you're looking for.

I just got back from 2 nights in Austin, the first time I've spent more than 5 hours there within my memory. Quite an experience. I can definately tell that living there will be enjoyable.

Ah, yes. Austin. The island of fun in this state. I've enjoyed it every time I've gone, though who knows what it's like to live there. It's full of politicians and students, so you can be sure it's pricey. Except for the liquor of course.

Yah, I'm looking forward to moving to Seattle. I've been a few times to visit family (who I'll be avoiding like the plague) and I've really liked it. I'm especially looking forward to the cooler weather, though it's getting into the 90s there right now I've heard.

Hmmm... mebbe Al Gore has a point.
Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he invented the internet?

fuck it, child, stay in austin, before you know it, you'd think it's cool when it's 98 degrees out.

I'm for shizzy, one year, it was over 100 degrees f for so long that one day we had like... 96 degrees F and I'm all like "wow, it's cool out here."

then again, I always drive with the windows down, smoking blows AC, haven't you heard?

LASER GIRL I NEED A LOCATION, I'M SCARED OF HOUSTON AND IT'S BAD ENOUGH GOING THERE WITH DIRECTION, BUT I HAVE NONE!!!
Irinei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Benny wrote:
he invented the internet?

That and he is man's only hope against t3h 3vil Global Warming. (Go Planet!)

Uncle Benny wrote:
fuck it, child, stay in austin, before you know it, you'd think it's cool when it's 98 degrees out.

I'm for shizzy, one year, it was over 100 degrees f for so long that one day we had like... 96 degrees F and I'm all like "wow, it's cool out here."

then again, I always drive with the windows down, smoking blows AC, haven't you heard?

HA. I live in Houston. The combination of heat-bouncing smog and humidity off the coast produce a heat that would melt Jesus.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Houston. Crying or Very sad

Uh, how far do you want to drive, Benny? Do you plan to get sloshed and stay the night? Is anyone else going to join us?

Hobbes: If only I could...

Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DON'T CARE, HONEY, I'M VERY MUCH BLASTED ON SEVEN SEAS RIGHT NOW, HYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a cell phone, right? Go towards Kemah. When you get there, call me. You are heading to 6th St in San Leon. It is a crazy little town that has millionaires and crack whores. Maybe we could just meet up there (my mom lives there) and drop off one of the cars and go have fun/drink 'til we are falling over. Alternatively we could meet at the Kemah Boardwalk, Heartbreakers, or Katz's. It has been a long time since I have been to Katz's though and I don't remember exactly where it is.

ps: you don't like last minute planning? You can't just drive down and get lost until I find you? ::grins::

Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is katz's any good, the one here in austin totally blows donkey snot bubble testies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: