welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The FAVOR Thread of Unreasonably Threadbare Favoritism

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: The FAVOR Thread of Unreasonably Threadbare Favoritism Reply with quote

I need a favor, but Sinfest seems to frown on unnecessary individual threads, so here's my shot at keeping things organized. Post if you need a favor or help with something.

I need a high resolution picture of two things:

1) A chopper (motorcycle, not helicopter, knife, etc.). Preferably a side view. Needed ASAP - as in, tomorrow morning - for a project. Needs to be high enough resolution to print between 4 and 5 inches wide at 300 dpi.

2) A motorcycle wheel (rim & tire). Same requirements.

If you can help, I will be eternally, eternally grateful!
Celaeno

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, can't help you there.

But here's a favor I need: help deciding between Berlin and Vienna for three days in August.
Laughterheals

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celaeno wrote:

But here's a favor I need: help deciding between Berlin and Vienna for three days in August.

Vienna, for no particular reason.
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celaeno wrote:

Berlin, because Dingo says it's awesomes.
Halen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The FAVOR Thread of Unreasonably Threadbare Favoritism Reply with quote

andrew wrote:
I need a favor, but Sinfest seems to frown on unnecessary individual threads, so here's my shot at keeping things organized. Post if you need a favor or help with something.

I need a high resolution picture of two things:

1) A chopper (motorcycle, not helicopter, knife, etc.). Preferably a side view. Needed ASAP - as in, tomorrow morning - for a project. Needs to be high enough resolution to print between 4 and 5 inches wide at 300 dpi.

2) A motorcycle wheel (rim & tire). Same requirements.

If you can help, I will be eternally, eternally grateful!

Just Fucking Google It! Smile

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2005/03/17/219374/winfuelbikephotoDSC04811A.jpg
http://www.bikersdreampeoria.com/images/Big_Dog/jims%2004%20chopper/jims%2004%20chopper%203.jpg

http://www.cobramotorcycle.com/productcart/pcadmin/images/Wheel_Compare_05.JPG
http://www.eajonesgue.com/scalemodels/images/Front_wheel_1_sml2.JPG
http://www.barneshd.com/images/barneshd/sf2.jpg
ElDingo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Taylorbell wrote:
Celaeno wrote:

Berlin, because Dingo says it's awesomes.

Because it is. But, I knew people who were over there at the same time, and those dudes knew a whole bunch of acutal Germans, so they like, knew all the cool stuff to do and shit because they lived there.

Also my nerdiest friend ever got laid in a bathroom while we were in Berlin, so I would recommend it if you are very nerdy and would like to have sex in a toilet.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be able to print something between 4 and 5 inches square doesn't require 300 dpi. Just about any picture that comes up off of Google with the Large Image size set will probably work.

And what Halen said.

andrew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
To be able to print something between 4 and 5 inches square doesn't require 300 dpi. Just about any picture that comes up off of Google with the Large Image size set will probably work.

And what Halen said.

You're right; printing at 4-5 square inches doesn't require any specific resolution. Printing at the quality I want, however, does, and it requires 300 dpi. 300 dpi is the industry standard for printing on most anything other than paper, like acrylic, metal or plastic.

Edit: Also, thanks Halen. Not quite what I'm looking for, but it hadn't occured to me to use, for example, a motorcycle forum. Shocked
Kilgore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElDingo wrote:
Also my nerdiest friend ever got laid in a bathroom while we were in Berlin, so I would recommend it if you are very nerdy and would like to have sex in a toilet.

I'm sold.

Never having been to Berlin, I can't really advise you, Kara, except to say that Vienna was gorgeous, and if, at the end of your time in Prague, you can't bear to give up on Czech beer you should go to Vienna, because Budvar is pretty easy to find there.

-Slick
Flion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively, dash down to the bookstore and find a bike rag with a picture you want and scan it, dpi your choice. I'd send you a photo of my bike but a) it may not be the style you want (not stretched or raked) and b) the side view was taken against the sun, so the detail is a little dark.
Lasairfiona

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, industry standard? What do you need this picture for and what are you printing it on?
andrew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flion wrote:
Alternatively, dash down to the bookstore and find a bike rag with a picture you want and scan it, dpi your choice. I'd send you a photo of my bike but a) it may not be the style you want (not stretched or raked) and b) the side view was taken against the sun, so the detail is a little dark.

That occured to me initially, but I am without both a scanner and digital camera at the moment. Crying or Very sad

Lasairfiona wrote:
Wait, industry standard? What do you need this picture for and what are you printing it on?

It's being incorporated into a design to be printed onto a popcorn machine.

Edit: For further clarification, I work for these sites.
Lasairfiona

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the popcorn machine is going to go... where? You are going to have to be very careful about the property aspect of pictures on the internet.
Drui

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celaeno wrote:

Well, if I had to choose, I'd go with Vienna, just because apparently it's Austria's primate city.
andrew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
And the popcorn machine is going to go... where? You are going to have to be very careful about the property aspect of pictures on the internet.

The image is going to be distorted sufficiently to render copyright irrelevent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: