welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hasta luego

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drui

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: hasta luego Reply with quote

Alrighty guys, I'm off to ND/Canada... Talk to you all in the beginning of August!

For those who are going on trips, have fun and stuff, and for the rest of you, be good while I'm away. Wink

Now to avoid this being completely wasted space, tell me all about your favorite past vacations so I have something to come home to. Smile
TIAB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of an entire vacation that was great, just fantastic moments in otherwise ok trips.

Most recent one: last summer, on the road to a moderately well known convention in Wyoming. I had been to Wyoming once before, to visit Devil's Tower years before, but it was an unremarkable visit, then. This time around, it was my first time going through this part. It was on my trip there, after being on the road for about 15 hours, just after crossing the border into Wyoming from Nebraska, I got that feeling of "I'm almost home." That feeling of relief you get after a long day and it seems like it's taking a long time to get home when you finally spot that landmark that tells you that you are a moment away. It could be ten miles, it could be your neighbor's portch light. I got that feeling going somewhere I've never been. It was very cool.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i first found my favorite hotsauce at the only bar open in town after a long and hungry drive into the california desert with the woman who has since agreed repeatedly to be (and keep being) my wife.

the "hot wings" arrived at the table unadorned with some bottle of stuff alongside and i was sad, sad, sad. i thought, 'oh, after this trek, couldn't they have put some effort into it? instead, i must *saucesaucesaucesaucesaucesauce* my own wings, even.'

the flavor was wonderful. the spice...was...tremendous.

my girl (since, wife) looked knowingly across the table at me and asked, "like your wings, honey?"

"knowingly", i say, because that was the first time she had seen me cry...

...spicy, spicy tears of love, those were.
bun bun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one. i <3 japan!
Black Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bun bun wrote:
this one. i <3 japan!
Jerk x_x

You were there for all of them, Drui, but I'll recount for memory's sake.

We've been on quite a few awesome trips to cool places in the US, but I think my favorite vacation was one of the less extravagant trips to Virginia.

We used to have a tradition of driving down to the Chincoteague & Assateague Islands in VA just to chillax on the beach, camp, hike, visit underground caverns and get up close and personal to wild ponies. I think the story goes that a Spanish ship carrying a bunch of horses wrecked off of the coast of "new world" Virginia. The horses got loose and colonized Assateague for themselves. ^_^ It's just generally an awesome, laid back place to be.
Dusty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM GOING TO WISCONSIN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: