welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2007-01-25 I'm Home!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TestTubeError

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the most casually arrogant creatures I know. except for a biology teahcer or two...

And every born-again I have met.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twister87 wrote:
I dunno, most of the time when I catch my large and forever-hungry cat stealing my other cat's food when she hasn't eaten it, he scampers off and looks incredibly guilty. Maybe it's only when you catch them in the act.

no, what i gave you was an actual quote from a cat caught in the act of deliberately knocking things off a shelf (that she wasn't supposed to be up on anyway).

was your cat raised with a dog? dogs have the feeling-guilty thing down. i've had dogs apologize for things that happened when they weren't even in the house.
Secret

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God dammit (yay, blasphemy), I pointedly avoided that JUST TO AVOID THE RESULTING THREAD HIJACK!!!!
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strop trying to change the subject secret!
donut3point5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret, in the Sinfest forums, nothing you can do or say can unhijack a thread.
The trick is to hijack it in some other way to override the old hijack.
--donut3.5--
MellowFish

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
MellowFish wrote:
so very cat. the most casually arrogant creatures I know. except for a biology teahcer or two...

I would have to agree with you, Mellowfish. Particularly the one that humiliated me in front of the whole class for inquiring about why he wouldn't teach us about evolution.

Funny that, I can't imagine you had that problem.

You're right, I didn't. My biology teahcers have just been inherently arrogant people, it had nothing to do with their belief in evolution.

Besides, I was the intellectual equal of those teachers so they couldn't have humiliated me if they tried. My aversion to evolution amounted to playful banter becuase I didn't want to interupt their teaching too much.
kame

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a second, you took the hokey little arguments you used in the God thread and bantered with your teacher with them.

And you didn't get smacked down.

You didn't have good teachers, and you are not that clever.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
You're right, I didn't. My biology teahcers have just been inherently arrogant people, it had nothing to do with their belief in evolution.

Besides, I was the intellectual equal of those teachers so they couldn't have humiliated me if they tried. My aversion to evolution amounted to playful banter becuase I didn't want to interupt their teaching too much.

He didn't humilate me because I was intellectually -inferior-. I was in the -eigth grade-. I asked when we were going to learn about evolution and he said "Oh, you think we came from monkey's, huh?" and then pretended to be a damn monkey. It was hardly high brow humor and its not like I even stated an opinion on it one way or the other. I asked a perfectly legit question.
Kidcorona

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being the intellectual equal of biology teacher is that big of a deal, they're just average people. If you you were the intellectual equal of Stephen Hawking, that would be a different story.
________
marijuana strain strawberry cough

Last edited by Kidcorona on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ends now.

Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: secular biologists and their evolutionary snake oil bla bla Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
so very cat. the most casually arrogant creatures I know. except for a biology teahcer or two...

Why in God's name do you like to spike your posts in threads about a comic strip with pathological trigger commentary?

It's like you can't go for a week without purposefully trying to spark resentment about your preachiness, so that you can argue some more.

If I'd come in here and said "So very cat. The most casually arrogant creatures I know. Except for a few evangelicals ..." the intent would have been no less evident, or sad.
Dro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a headache when I saw MF throwing in that biology comment. I hope the headache doesn't last as long as the 300,000 year period after the Big Bang inflationary period in which matter still moved at relativistic speeds, because that was a long time and that period being a real thing directly contradicts the Bible, proving that the Bible was not written by God and shouldn't be taken literally.
rm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how arrogant of you.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: seriously it was a thread about a pooch and percival strip Reply with quote

Lol! I sure enjoyed this dog and cat comic! Unlike those secularists who have abandoned God! rotfl
Major Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
I got a headache when I saw MF throwing in that biology comment. I hope the headache doesn't last as long as the 300,000 year period after the Big Bang inflationary period in which matter still moved at relativistic speeds, because that was a long time and that period being a real thing directly contradicts the Bible, proving that the Bible was not written by God and shouldn't be taken literally.

something in this cries out to be generalized and silkscreened lovingly onto tshirts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: